Sehs Class 66 - Unable To Move!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by mancunian#7861, Aug 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

OK I finally have to admit defeat on this one. :(

Playing the first timetable mode 6G03 Westbound Delivery Strood to Hoo Junction using the Class 66 EWS. I've put in the direction handle and put it to forward; turned on the 4 switches to the right at the bottom but my brakes don't 'charge'.

I've watched 3 videos on YouTube but 2 of them were going like Speedy Gonzales and not saying anything and another, whilst talking on a stream, was again setting up without explaining what he was doing. :( I've also read the manual but for some reason, it doesn't include this loco! Please guys, before I start ripping out my hair by the roots, how do I get the brake pressure to start increasing so that once it gets past the red line at the top, I can finally get moving? And is there a later manual that covers this loco? A link would be appreciated if there is.

Thanks in anticipation.

DTG this is a new loco which isn't included in the 3 training sessions or the 5 scenarios so why on Earth is there no onboard tutorial with this please?! It's SO frustrating! :(

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

The Class 66 isn't included with SEHS, it's just a substitution. Refer to the GWE or ECW manuals for operating instructions.

Cheers

3. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

Thank you Callum ... but that makes me wonder where it came from if it's not included ... it's certainly listed for the timetable events. Any idea where I can find those 2 manuals please?

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Just tried on my own install.

Loads you in the cab parked up at Strood P3,
    Insert reverser handle, move to forward
    Tick the four switches
    Autobrake works straight away using the right hand handle on the desk or using the ; key on the keyboard.
    Set the lights above your head
    Set the brake timings to goods on the Electro-Motive panel

Set brakes to 5, power to 2 and pull gently away