Mouse

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ben#4827, Aug 16, 2021.

1. ben#4827

ben#4827 Well-Known Member

Just got a keyboard and mouse for xbox but the mouse isn't working. Is this for everyone or do I need a new mouse

2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

the games never actually been fully compatible with keyboard I can't fully remember a reason but it just works but mouse doesn't work at all so your mouse is fine

3. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Mouse support on XBox is on a game by game basis, so the devs need to add it in for it to work (See something like The Ascent for an example of good implementation) - TSW2 currently doesn't have support for mouse (Though it would be nice. Especially for some more finicky buttons and levers).

• Like Like x 1
  4. fl991r

fl991r Member

At least on my series X, the mouse is half working after the most recent update! Even though I can only use it to look around and press buttons (levers don't work), it is such a huge quality of life improvement!

It's probably an error due to them upgrading the new generation consoles to PC specs, but I really really hope they leave it in because this is so much better than trying to hit tiny buttons while moving with the XBOX controller.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trainoob

Trainoob New Member

It would be great to have full mouse and keyboard support. I really don't get why they're spending a lot of time and resources working on controller-scheme without addressing the biggest problem using a gamepad, which is the hyper-sensitivity of the cursor. There are a lot of functions in locos which are a pain to use for that reason, especially the ones with little buttons to press. It's exhausting at times.

• Like Like x 1
  6. joulz75

joulz75 Active Member

The sensitivity of the cursor in flight simulator is very good (smooth and precise, not too fast), they could get some inspiration...

• Like Like x 1
  7. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

They have made a build for PC that's on Game Pass. Could be why. It shows on the Xbox store page. I still don't know if the PC version is included with my purchased game or my Game Pass subscription.