Tonight's Stream

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kennyjamesscott, Aug 19, 2021.

1. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

In regarding today's stream, why were no answers given and all issues on PS4 ignored! I mean, better give a undesired answer than filling the stream with lousy jokes and redirecting people to a article that is not very useful by the way.
    I'm sorry but having unusable software after PS4 update is kind of a big deal since people pay a lot of money to build up their collection and in my case all of them are gone! You really did play it down like PS4 users don't matter at all even though we have invested huge amounts of money!

2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Are we watching the same stream? Jd has spent several 5min slots talking about PS4. He’s made it implicitly clear not to pay for dlc again and ps4 players haven’t lost it

• Like Like x 1
  3. kennyjamesscott

So where is it? Why my base game is unplayable? Why I can't redownload the base game (it is not available on PSN for PS4).

Yes, five routes show up on a menu but the base game does not recognize them when trying to load into game!

4. chieflongshin

I’d recommend watching tonight’s stream especially last few mins. I don’t have ps4 unfortunately, just heard them talking about it loads.

They made it clear game is not broke. This is an issue with Sony apparently in that what I understand to be happening is your old files disappear and the new ones “should” all appear in next 12-18hrs.

they just said don’t buy anything again

5. kennyjamesscott

They did not mention anything that is a burning issue!
    Some people have lost the game since they were recommended to reinstall but the base game can't be downloaded since it's not available for download and so many other issues.

What they said was nothing of use!

6. kennyjamesscott

Game is broken! It is! Might not be on their end but on many others case it is

7. chieflongshin

8. kennyjamesscott

It's just... Frustrating and how JD handled this was not good either. Unprofessional. I'm thinking about creating a topic of how he should have handled the stream. Without jokes and much more so people wouldn't have left the stream so disappointed, including me. I understand it wasn't an easy stream to do but bit more professionalism goes a long way, tonight was no place for stupid jokes. It should have handled in a serious matter and not everyone understands his accent and slang.

I'd suggest JD to look up Lin Jarvis and try to learn a thing or two from him. Especially how to flatten his accent and how to avoid silly jokes. I do that as I actually wish him well and want him to do well. For that he must be more clear and less English since there are lot of Germans, Dutch etc playing the game and not everyone has good understanding of how English people speak

• Like Like x 1
  9. kennyjamesscott

To my previous comment, also English with Lucy is a good YT channel to improve your pronunciation and be more clear while speaking English

10. morph147

morph147 Active Member

Looking back at how today went I really wish they had done everything over the course of a couple days and had told us hey you may not be able to play certain routes as this game update goes through. Then broken up the dlc that would get sent out and such in waves through the update. Sure it would have irritated people that not everything happened at once but it would be better than what they did overall

11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I haven’t watched the stream but I thought it was supposed to be about Boston Sprinter not the core update and its problems. Yes, it should be mentioned (which apparently it was) but should not have taken over the stream. The problems are well documented in the forums so there is little point keeping on about it in the stream which was on a different topic.

As an Xbox user (who has had his own problems with installation but now thankfully sorted), I would have been annoyed to watch a stream about a particular subject only to have an hour or so of them talking about something else which could not be resolved by them talking about it.

Anyway, I hope the Playstation problems, whoever’s fault they are, are sorted today.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

From what Matt said, it's a way that Sony can push the update by replacing files and not just adding on causing space in our hard drives to shrink. So in doing so, what let's the DLCs run isn't set yet (thanks Sony!) So that's the issue I guess.
    So I got it working by uninstalling and reistaling the game and Boston ONLY. Once Sony pushes the rest of the update, I'll reinstall the rest. But that's how I got Boston working