Step By Step - How To Upgrade My Collection From Ps4 To Ps5 (and Other Ps Faqs)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DTG JD, Aug 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Nope. All of my DLC's aren't visible on the Main Menu. Only Bakerloo, SKA, SPG, Boston Sprinter, ECW, and HRR.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. taylormade#6721

taylormade#6721 Well-Known Member

Same here. But I can play without the errors. Just have to wait on Sony to push the button

3. Bear_E_22

Bear_E_22 New Member

All of I had to redownload via the in-game store. I have nearly all DLC's but most of the newer TSW2 exclusive DLC's still show a price instead of $0.00, so I guess DTG is still working on the fix for them.

I'm hopeful that i can at least view the timetable for the DLC's without the game crashing

• Like Like x 1
  4. taylormade#6721

Wow! Was able to play before, but now, it’s stuffed. Error comes up again

5. Peter jackson

Peter jackson New Member

Looks like everyone dropped the soap !

• Like Like x 1
  6. taylormade#6721

Yep. It’s stuffed now. I can’t even choose a route

• Like Like x 1
  7. ross.duncan35

ross.duncan35 Active Member

i wonder if the advice nat sent out last nite at 7.55pm was just a ploy so as matt and jd would get peace to stream,while we were all wasting our time downloading,uninstalling,reinstalling for no end result.

• Like Like x 4
  8. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

I am a little inclined to agree, I have started watching that and I know JD was just doing his bit to try and reassure people but as soon as he started to bring up the Playstation issues, Matt let out either a scoff or a held back snigger which I thought, all that was going to do was annoy people even more because I don't think it's funny, pretty sure everyone else doesn't think it's funny, pretty sure no one thinks it's funny

There is absolutely nothing funny about this situation and it's been 24 hours now and still, still, I would say 95% of Playstation users can't use their game

• Like Like x 4
  9. kobo

kobo Active Member

I'm a playstation 5 player in the US and i think i was the lucky one. I was able to download and play the game just fine with no issues.

10. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I’m on a UK account, I also seem to have been fortunate. For a short while dlc disappeared from the online store but after doing the PS4 core update first, all other dlc reappeared and the ps5 option was there too.
    In fact installing the Boston route installed a ps5 copy then a PS4 copy automatically.

As an aside the ps5 version now allows uninstalling individual dlc which wasn’t an option before.

hoping the psn store can work it’s way out for everyone still waiting.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I've noticed that when things go wrong Matt tends to smirk and snigger as it usually doesn't affect him, Sam though always understands how badly this hurts the company and will always be brutally honest.

• Like Like x 6
  12. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I hope he doesn't have the same syndromes as the joker :|
    1629451157379.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Different people react and deal with problems in different ways. He’s probably heard nothing but the PlayStation problems for the whole day and thus gets some wry amusement from it when it comes up for the 1000th time.

I am the same and get some grim amusement from the worst situations even when I’m in big trouble- some people break down, some people don’t do anything and some people try to glean some positivity so they are in a good frame of mind to deal with the problem.

I do hope the update isn’t too long now, nothing works on my PS4 at all.

• Like Like x 5
  14. taylormade#6721

Very well put. It is apparent at the moment that DTG are getting quite a lot of hate because of this mess up.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. taylormade#6721

Got the error again. Let’s hope this update comes soon image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Ok, today I have put my brain into gear after a good nights sleep. I have deleted the PS4 version and low and behold I have the PS5 game there and ready to use. I am now in the process of downloading my DLC’s which I am limiting to the Most recent add-ons. I may add some of the older ones later.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

The personal comments on this thread are very worrying. Keep it civil.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mac Mac

Mac Mac New Member

PS4//EU//SPAIN
    Hi JD,
    I’ve tried many times to follow the steps you guys suggested but at the end I’ve just uninstalled the whole thing, re downloaded the base pack with Boston sprinter only cause it won’t work otherwise.
    I’ve also found out a dispatcher problem. Coming out of the stoughton branch, if you get to canton jct only a few seconds late you have to wait 15 mins for the providence arrival to Boston in order to proceed.

19. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

Okay, I can't play my older routes just yet. That's fine, I can be patient. What I'd like to know is why several of my previously purchased add-ons — LGV, IoW, and OSD to name a few — do not have the option of downloading as a free add-on? It appears as though I've never purchased them, via both the TSW2 menu and the PS Store. I'd be quite concerned if I were DTG here, not every PlayStation gamer is glued to this forum and totally informed of what's going on.

EDIT: I just checked the PS web store and my missing DLC is available there. At least that's something.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. dana satya

dana satya New Member

Please help all of my purchased collection gone, i cant download again from playstore for free even though i already bought it.
    I just update the newest version and buy the season ticket and now all is gone, even the newly season ticket i bought also gone

Tell me the solution because i already spent a lot for my collection
    Please
    Thankyou

• Like Like x 1
  21. johnmcglade30

johnmcglade30 Active Member

Don't worry it is a PlayStation issue we are all having the same problem Sony is onto it

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Is there a list of the file sizes for the remastered addons? Just so I know what I need to redownload and what I don't. I already redownloaded everything after the PS5 version came out but that may have been too early

23. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

You can download them through your library as another option. Won't necessarily mean you will be able to play them though as it doesn't matter where I download my DLC's from they do not show up in the game to play. I have tried from the Playstation store, the TSW2 in game store and from my library. But worth a try as it may work for you.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. johnmcglade30

There's no problems with the base 5 edging but there is a big big problem with a PS4 version

25. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

DTG, how many more annual releases it going to take before you can release an update that doesn’t break the game on multiple platforms? Absolute joke of a company.

• Like Like x 3
  26. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

What a mess. I'm (once more) really disappointed. I love this game but for the next months I'm gonna spend my money elsewhere.
    I hope you get the PS4 version working again soon!

• Like Like x 3
  27. Munkey82

Munkey82 Member

I'm on PS4 and it's a mess. I though DTG fixed their QA/QC issues after the last issues on the previous German route released earlier this year. Did DTG actually test all of this out on a PS4 before release? Why didn't they get all these errors during testing? I paid for the Season Pass version and downloaded the Boston-Providence Route and I can't even play the route as it has errors and crashes. How is DTG going to make this up to all us PS4 players that bought the Season Pass on Launch day yesterday and spent $36 and can't even play the game now? PS says I downloaded and installed a few of the classic DLCs, but they don't show up in the game. Also recent DLC route releases like Isle of Wight, Arosa, Clinchfield RR, Cane Creek don't show up and all say I have to pay $29.99 for them when I already own them. I'm extremely disappointed in the launch of this core update and Rush Hour release. I would like to know why DTG didn't delay the launch date like in previous years due to all these issues with PS4 version?? Still waiting on the fixes for PS4 that you said yesterday on social media. Also please stop replying on social media with the generic link for PS4 problems as it hasn't fixed anything at all. In the past I've been accepting of launch bugs, but the fact that I can't play the game at all anymore very disappointing and not acceptable for a game being released!

• Like Like x 2
  28. breezico

breezico New Member

Hi, can someone confirm; are there specific PS5 versions of the add-ons?

29. holt.alistair

holt.alistair Member

Hi, I have just had an update on PS4 and when I try to use add ons that I have had for some time for Train Sim world 2 the system crashes. Can you help. Thanks Fred

30. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I did the procedures contained in the most recent article and was not successful. The problem persists, even having reinstalled the entire game, only the base routes and the Boston Line work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiz os procedimentos constantes no mais recente artigo e não obtive sucesso. O problema persiste, mesmo tendo reinstalado o jogo inteiro, apenas funciona as rotas base e a Linha de Boston.

31. johnmcglade30

Past STEP does not work we just need emergency patch and we need it quick

32. tcmikaelsouza

Error Mensage

Attached Files:

33. tcmikaelsouza

O mesmo aqui!

34. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm on PS5 and have managed to download both the PS5 version and all my DLC are a PS5 version. I've able to claim them all for free and download them successfully.

The only issue I had was I've just purchased some new locos from the preserved collection for TSW 2020 as they just came on offer. At first it was trying to charge me again on PS5 for just these DLC's. I had to claim them for PS4 (which I've still got installed) then they showed up as free and I could install them for PS5. It aas all a bit confusing to be honest.

Sony really don't make this easy!

• Like Like x 1
  35. johnmcglade30

About the PS4

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. johnmcglade30

Can we just get this game fix whoever thought it is just get it fixed check the pasta Sony and get them to release it please it is a simple as that ASAP

• Like Like x 1
  37. breezico

breezico New Member

Thanks mattchester- just deleted it all and tried downloading the PS5 version again, this time PlayStation store gave me a handy tick box to download each of the DLCs as PS5 versions, all good now.

• Like Like x 2
  38. johnmcglade30

This update should have come out the way it was

• Like Like x 1
  39. johnmcglade30

I'm talking about the PS4 only

40. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

do we need to get all 300+ trophys on ps5 to get a platinum trophy or just a select list?

41. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Usually the platinum trophy can be obtained with just the base routes (SPG, BKL and HRR). I would assume it will be the same on PS5 but haven't checked the trophy list yet.

42. Lenwigg

Train sim world version 1.43 added to downloads. Just had this come up after switching on so maybe on its way. (UK)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. tcmikaelsouza

Update 1.43 installed. Result: Add-os lines still do not appear. (São Paulo Brazil)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Atualização 1.43 instalada. Resultado: as linhas add-os ainda não aparecem. (São Paulo, Brasil)

44. Observadorpt

Observadorpt Active Member

Hi

Routes that appear to me and playable:

Peninsula corridor
    Boston Sprinter
    Sand Patch Grade
    Schnellfahrstrecke Koln
    London Underground Bakerloo Line
    Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
    East Coastway

Some locos doesn´t appear either, baby bullet is 1 of them.

The rest doesn´t appear but says in the psn store INSTALLED. Update 1.43.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. Lenwigg

I am beginning to wonder if the last forty eight hours have been a long April the 1st

• Like Like x 1
  46. tcmikaelsouza

Reinstall game: Update 1.43 installed. Result: Add-os lines still do not appear. (São Paulo Brazil)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Jogo Reinstalado com a Atualização 1.43 instalada. Resultado: as linhas add-os ainda não aparecem. (São Paulo, Brasil)

47. dana satya

dana satya New Member

I played Tsw 2 in PS4 and still loss all of DLC add on in PS4

if i buy PS5 now and sign with my PS4 account will all my purchased core game, add on appear downloadable, and playable?

48. johnmcglade30

The PS4 new update is a lot better but now we need route and trains back as soon as possible

• Like Like x 3
  49. Kinimod

Kinimod New Member

Have I overlooked something or is there nothing new on the subject and I now have to continue to play the PS4 version because the player account cannot be transferred? :(

50. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

As yet, profiles, trophies, game saves, scenario designer saves and livery designer saves cannot carry across from the PS4 version to the PS5 version.
    All that has been said is they understand the frustration and are talking to Sony and other developers to try and find a solution for this.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.