Maybe A Temporary Solution?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JustAVaporeon, Aug 20, 2021.

1. JustAVaporeon

JustAVaporeon Active Member

We all know that when you try to play TSW2 on the PS4, it crashes whenever selecting a route. I’ve found out though that it’s the preserved content that causes the crash.

How did I find that out? I downloaded the Collector’s Edition of Train Sim World 2, which comes with the following routes:
    • Schnellfahrstrecke Köln - Aachen
    • Sand Patch Grade
    • Bakerloo Line
    • East Coastway
    • Peninsula Corridor
    • Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr
    And when I only had those installed, the game didn’t crash and worked perfect fine. However when I installed Rhein Ruhr Osten (which is not part of the Collector’s Edition), the game went back to crashing again when picking a route.

A solution I found is to only install the addons that are part of the Collector’s Edition, and hold off installing any content that’s not ECW, HRR and SFJ. I know this is disappointing but rather have a playable game than a crashing mess.

As for non Preserved Collection routes and loco addons, I did find a way to get them for free. You need the PS app on the phone though. If you go onto TSW2’s addon page there, they should show as free. Add them to your library. Go to TSW2 and scroll down to Playstation Store then navigate to ‘Your Add-Ons’. All your owned addons should be able to be downloaded. I’m not sure if TSW2 additional content not from the Pres Col crashes the game and I’m not gonna find out because I’m afraid I have to go through crap download speeds that last an entire day.

I’m not sure about PS5 fixes because I don’t own one and I don’t plan to own one anytime soon. And I can’t be sure this is 100% guaranteed to work, as I’m not everyone. And images are at the bottom if you need any help, also don’t feel afraid to ask for help anytime

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

This is exactly the issue I am experiencing, the game worked fine when I had no preserved routes installed. Then when I installed southeastern high speed the game went back to crashing. I have already installed a bunch of preserved routes though, (even though I can't play them). How do I un-install them? Although I am on a PS5 BUT I am on the PS4 version of the game as I am unable to upgrade at this time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. JustAVaporeon

You may need to do a complete reinstall of the entire game like I have, delete the game and install it again

I do sometimes wish we could individually delete addons on the PS

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Ok thank you. Slightly annoyed as I did that yesterday and it took a hefty amount of time. Once it has reinstalled I will make sure I don't install any preserved routes to prevent my game from crashing. Surely this has to be fixed soon though right? Also do I think I will be able to install Boston Sprinter? I bought that yesterday and it did not make my game crash.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JustAVaporeon

Boston - Providence should be able to be playable yes, and there is an update due, but Sony hasn’t pushed it out everywhere yet

• Like Like x 1
  6. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I wish I had seen your note before this morning, I to had the problem where all my content stopped working so uninstalled and spent all of yesterday evening re-downloading the whole Collectors Edition. This morning my core routes were working so I decided to try and download the Preserved Routes that were available that I think we were advised to do as it would trigger and update to the re-baked version. I have now downloaded some of the routes and now installed 'hey presto' completely broken again. Not impressed!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. JustAVaporeon

Yeah it sucks a lot that it breaks like that, but hopefully this helps with the issues that are happening, I’m not impressed with how broken things are either

• Like Like x 1