"contact Dispatch", Help Me I'm Dyin' Over Here!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by zzisez, Aug 20, 2021.

1. zzisez

zzisez New Member

Sand Patch, Chapter 2, Helping Hand, there is a point at which you need to get approval from dispatch to move back onto main railway. I'm told to hit the Tab key to contact dispatch. Nothing happens though. What am I not doing? Anyone? Thanks for your input in advance.

2. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

It think you asked about this on another thread zzisez its best to only ask once. I know you described it on the other thread, but could you make a video of what is happening - even if you just use your phone to record the screen. This will help us to figure out what's happening.

3. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

Sometimes it helps to change the direction by using reverser and then contact dispatcher. Maybe even move for some yards and try again.

4. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Do you mean at the start of the scenario, when you're leaving the Cumberland sidings and entering the main line? You have to wait for an oncoming train to pass, but there is no need to contact the dispatcher. At the end of the scenario you reverse off the main line on to a siding and attach to a couple of wagons, but that is the end - you shut the loco down and climb out, there's no need to get permission to re-enter the main line

• Like Like x 1
  5. zzisez

zzisez New Member

Yes it is at the later point, where you get out and have lunch. Apparently I didn't go far enough past th switch to engage the trigger to end the run.

But for the record if you want to "contact dispatch" you hit the Tab key and a graphic comes up That says Contact Signaler over a circle. Left click on the words "Contact Signaler" once. The response should be quick.

Thanks for all your help, and sorry for the double post.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021