Tsw2 Has Completely Broken For Me

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cash, Aug 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Hello, I am a TSW2 player who plays on a PS5 and has collectors edition on a disc. I am still on the PS4 version of the game as I saw on the forums that I will have to wait 1-2 weeks until I can upgrade to the PS5 version. I will explain my issue and what I did that partially solved it, but I will also explain the issues that I am still experiencing. Yesterday morning I updated my game, it updated and when I logged in the game it had the new UI etc. but I wasn't able to open any routes at all. The game would crash and give me an error message. I then heard that a preserved collection fix would come out later in the day so I waited for that to come. I then decided to delete and re-install my game as I heard people say that helped them. After a while of downloading both the game itself + the core update, I was able to play the TSW2 base game routes + the collector edition routes. I also bought the season ticket and was successfully able to play Boston Sprinter. Then I had a look at the playstation store to see if I was able to re-download all of my previous routes, (I own a lot of them but not all). No actual TSW2 routes were showing up in the PS store, it was only TSW2020 routes that were showing up, most of them said 'free' so I then proceeded to queue them all to download while I was asleep over night. Then I went in the game and went on the store section, there were a decent amount of TSW2 routes that gave me the option to download them. (Southeastern High Speed, Cathcart Circle Line, HMA etc.) But there were a few that told me I have to pay £25 for them, I obviously didn't. I then got all the routes that gave me the option to download them and let them download overnight.

I then woke up this morning thinking all the routes that I downloaded yesterday would be playable on my PS4 version of the game and the ones that told me I had to pay yesterday would be now ready to be freely downloaded. I was wrong. I opened up my game and was greeted with an error message telling me I wasn't able to play a bunch of the routes I left to download overnight. I looked on the playstation store and the ones that were telling me to pay yesterday were now free, which is good. But all the ones I downloaded yesterday said 'installed' and didn't allow me to download them. I have basically lost these routes as they aren't showing up in the game at all, not even on the main menu. When I try open ANY route I actually have in the game the game once again crashes, this wasn't an issue until I downloaded my first piece of preserved collection, (southeastern high speed). I don't know what to do now, could I please have some assistance on what I need to do? Thank you.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

If you download the PS5 version you will find everything works apart from being unable to currently download GWE if you own that. I have downloaded all my routes and everything is working fine.

However I also own a PS4 which I use in another room and that download is a disaster. The game just crashes even without add ons.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Sadly I am unable to download the PS5 version for about 1-2 weeks as I have the collectors edition on disc and I saw here I can't upgrade yet.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member