Metropolitan Transportation Authority (mta Lirr, Metro North)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Lawjester, Mar 2, 2018.

?
  1. The Long Island Railroad!

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. The Metro North Railroad!

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Both are awesome, and I want both!

23 vote(s)
    85.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

The MTA runs the two most busiest Railroads in North America, the LIRR and the Metro North. The 2 railroads are quite similar in terms of trains and operation. This is the official thread to talk about both the Long Island Railroad and the Metro North Railroad.

D7C26A66-9AA1-4F0D-B5F9-98E37CDAEB52.jpeg

Although both Railroads are run by the same corporation, they do not run on the same tracks and you cannot find an LIRR train on a Metro North line and vice versa. 8ADFE7AF-449F-436B-8CDB-9D1D5D0AC485.jpeg FBE33808-5C24-404E-9046-6D87EC773FE7.jpeg

As seen above an LIRR M7 and a Metro North M7A, both quite similar to each other and made by Bombardier.
    D99A4AF4-3828-4724-B5AF-9E476C16743A.jpeg 022691E0-E448-4F43-8607-502CE993A507.jpeg

Above is an LIRR M3 and Metro North M3a made by the Budd Company.

Unfortunately I’m unable to attach anymore photos but the LIRR runs the EMD DM/DE30AC and Kawasaki C3 BiLevel cars as diesel equipment while the MNRR runs the GE P32 with shoreliner cars for their diesel equipment. The LIRR has 2 different terminals, Penn Station and Atlantic Terminal Brooklyn. One of my favorite LIRR stations is Jamaica which is also a terminal and a station to transfer to other branches. Metro North uses Grand Central Terminal and all of their trains base out of there.
    For TS or TSW I would like to see the Montauk Branch or Port Jefferson Branch because they provide the most variety, longest routes, and use both diesel and electric trains on the same branch. For Metro North I’d like to see the Hudson line to Poughkeepsie (as a start) then extended to Albany and it has Amtrak and Metro North, something the Harlem line doesn’t have unfortunately.
    Again this thread was made for everyone to discuss both LIRR and Metro North as a general topic under the MTA, hoping to see some of this precious content implemented into the game soon!

• Like Like x 4
  2. TriStateRail

TriStateRail Member

I feel like both LIRR and MNRR should be made. There is a wide variety of scenery and rolling stock to account for both. I'm hoping to see any content that's for sure!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lawjester

I can’t wait to see it happen! After what Jay said about DTG being fond of the Hudson line and recently he said that they’re talking about something exciting in terms of the MTA, so who knows. It could be in the matter of a few months so let’s hope! The MTA content is the biggest gold mine for DTG and I think they realize it and want to give it to us because after all they’re a company and company’s want to make lots of profit.

• Like Like x 2
  4. HogwartsExpress5972

HogwartsExpress5972 New Member

I'm a new comer to the chat but I believe that this would be a wonderful addition to train sim!:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Meeper5

Meeper5 Well-Known Member

Sadly they only have the M8 and P32 I hope they add more routes and engines

6. Lawjester

I hope so too! I got very tired of the M8, especially since DTG didn’t do the best of job with it, same with the P32.

7. Meeper5

Meeper5 Well-Known Member

now we got (a small section of it) the hudson line