So What’s Gone Wrong (4.26 Update Thread, Get It Off Your Chest)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

so the unbelievable annoying soundcracks and stops in low speed are gone? Thank god haha

2. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

Not bad, just accurate to real life.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Morricom

Morricom New Member

Just downloaded after buying the season ticket, for some reason charged full price and not the discounted price, game started up fine clicked on the Boston route, it started the tutorial, got the 'Action Points' told to look up down left and right which I did then nothing just stood there watching trains arrive etc, But I am unable to move or do anything. Anyone else experiencing this ?

4. Morricom

Morricom New Member

Just validated the files and everything it says they are okay

5. mattwild55

mattwild55 Well-Known Member

They've misspelled Polegate in the PIS on East Coastway.

upload_2021-8-19_19-1-2.png

UNPLAYABLE *throws PC out window*

• Like Like x 12
  6. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

71.8Gb's for me, 1:30 Hrs to wait, I can uninstall the Epic version now.

7. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

When my game updated this morning I went straight into after the update had finished, there was a lot of lag in the controls and temporary freezes (when I tried it on NTP), frame rate was all over the place. I saved the timetable service I was playing then closed it down and restarted my PC, after the restart I loaded that save up and everything ran fine, so it may be best after your update has loaded to then restart steam/your pc to avoid a ‘wtf’ moment when you first run the new version

• Like Like x 2
  8. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

TSW2_Cameron_1629404161_00.png
    Is it just me or is this platform busier than usual?

9. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

No you are not wrong, this is the new passenger pattern.

10. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

OK, I have been running the 'Journey' on CRR for the past 3 weeks and now have a good feel for how it preformed on my desktop prior to the update. Ran the next scenario this afternoon, an end to end, and I really did not see a whole lot of difference. Maybe a slight frame rate bump, trees and such are loading as before, right before your eyes as you come upon them. Several small issues seemed corrected, the horn on the SD40 did not quit before I finished the run and Rail Driver is working better with the SD40 but the throttle is still iffy at times so using the keyboard for that. I should add that CRR is the most stable route I have run on TSW2 with very few staggers in the operation and that did not change.

11. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

That's a really nice detail.

12. Clumsy Pacer

but bar the animations and pathfinding, they only apply to the RH routes and (soon) Bakerloo and Koln, but I had assumed there was no change to passenger numbers on the other routes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I noticed this too on ECW, but just figured it was the amount of passengers that PC always had (I'm on Series X). Tbh i'm confuses on when and on which routes the passenger upgrade is being rolled out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I finished the download a couple of hours ago and briefly started the game up and went into the Diesels Legend Pack. I opened the doors and couldn't believe the amount of passengers getting out, never seen that many before, lol.

I also was expecting a few crashes as I have mods but the game booted OK and the Diesels Legend pack loaded OK. I have a few mods for that one and started a timetable to see if it would work and yes. I went in with the 101 as I have a livery mod for it and it was there in all Blue but interestingly in the Timetable I chose you have to uncouple the rear coaches which was no problem but all the coaches were in Blue/Grey whereas the front ones were all in BR. Blue.

Must say I don't care for the menu much, would prefer sorting by country. I did try and purchase Cathcart in game but it would not let me, has it been disabled or Am I missing something?

PS Am thinking of doing a fresh install getting rid of the .ini and mods with the folders what do you need to keep to keep your game progress?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  15. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

Didn't DTG say to make the cursor disappear after a while?
    Or is that again only available for consoles?
    I would like to have that on the PC too. Or i missed the Menuitem?

And Second: Translation
    Is it me or is the Translation total gone?
    Played for example GWE and all Tooltips for the Train are in English Language (most Menu-items also).
    Before the Update it was definitive not!

16. Clumsy Pacer

In options, auto-hide crosshair is under the 'control' tab.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
  17. Der Uni

Der Uni Well-Known Member

Thank You. Oh damn, i missed it in the Settingsmenu. Thank You ;)

18. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

Just from my little tour of the menu my least favorite thing about it is got to be how the scenario and loco menus scroll. Whatever you pick it always goes to the far left, there's no good reason for this, it's more annoying to pick things. It also leaves some rather ugly dead space, which is a weird choice when it seems the whole point of the main menu upgrades was to make it look nicer.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

where are you playing it on, cause i heard some people are complaining about the optimization, the graphic issue. If you go into steam you can see the review

20. PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix

PegasusLeosRailwayFanatix Well-Known Member

Where did you found this image? Is it inside the brighton line?

21. WaveyDavey

WaveyDavey Well-Known Member

Update installed and all seems fine from what I've seen so far after a quick check on a few routes....

Was a 55gb download for myself (I have most DLCs but not all) But the awesome news is the amount of disk space that has been freed up after the update has installed.

With the previous version installed before I updated I had 206gb of free space on my drive.... Whilst it was downloading this dropped to 151gb of free space and after installing the update I now have 289gb of free space!!!!! So a wapping 83gb of space reclaimed by the new smaller install size...... I can live with the not so nice menu's with disk savings like that. :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  22. Clumsy Pacer

It's a custom repaint from the 4.23 era.

23. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

The disk space savings has kept me from having to buy a new hard drive for a while. Thank you, DTG!

I must admit that this all went very smoothly for me and I am enjoying many of the new features, particularly the track IR and the disappearing cursor.

• Like Like x 3
  24. 1003523721

1003523721 Member

I am still not satisfied with the sound of br146.2. They just lower the volume. It still sounds harsh

• Like Like x 1
  25. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I've had a couple of Unreal Engine crashes already whereas I never had any before on 4.23. Also there seems to be a lack of autosave which makes it more annoying when it does :(

26. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

Great update, runs well and looks fantastic

27. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Mine downloaded without hitch and I jumped straight in and game loaded and played perfectly, quite like the new UI too, yet to play properly, but I'm not expecting any issues, and even if there is its no big deal.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I wish DTG makes a choice on which intro video to show. Now there are two of them, or even better, create a setting to skip them.

I do not like the new route menu, to much effort in make it look fancy, After the first time all this animation is annoying. It is OK to honour the operating companies, but please, like in the timetable filter, it should be possible to type a few characters to find a route.

• Like Like x 4
  29. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

In the end I deleted everything - even the core, and let Steam reinstall it. Very strange, but it works without crashing now.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Clumsy Pacer

Not really necessary because you can just press any key (or if you're me, click) as soon as they start,. However, I do agree about the search filter.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  31. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Yep that has worked for me as well, although I also moved the game from my HDD drive to my SDD drive.

32. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

After an eighty gig plus download I find I'm spending much of my time semi-submerged in the scenery.
    Just tried RSN and loco and vehicles only half visible under the terrain.
    SEHS ground textures flickering over the rails.
    Steam check useless.

Tomorrow I'll move all the DLC's and redownload the base, but lost interest atm.
    With this and MS2020 I long for the days when just one floppy and two mb of ram was all you needed...

• Like Like x 2
  33. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Many issues here are purely related to mods not deleted before starting the update ...

• Like Like x 1
  34. Clumsy Pacer

Delete your engine.ini file, that should fix it.

35. TRAXX-Driver

TRAXX-Driver Member

Did make any changes to the engine.ini?

36. welshgazzz

welshgazzz New Member

So I didn't want to jump to any conclusions before testing the routes I'd normally use before posting any information,

ECW: I've run 8 journeys 5 to Seaford/Brighton - 3 to Ore (Eastbourne), FPS Seems very stable, night sky look very good since they've updated the textures, Not sure if it's just me, seem to allot busier with added in extra AI services to Portsmouth Harbour and Southampton Central, I have noticed they've reduced the capacity of the Ore/Hastings Servies from 2 4 Coaches EMU to single 4 Coach EMU, PIS Boards all working without any issues other than a small spelling mistake on Polegate spelt as Polgate

GWE: Run 4 Services from London Paddington - Reading 2 with the HST 2 with Class 166 - As far as I can tell I've had no major issues once AI must of run a red light on the 166 From reading to Paddington resulting in a complete blockage how ever Restarted the run Didn't happen the 2nd time, FPS seems the same as normally very really drops below 60 (Capped at 62)

Cathcart Circle: FPS remained very stable as per the pervious 2 without any major drops, This one was very odd felt like it had an increased number of passengers such as Boston Sprinter, however, this may be an effect of them being spread out much more over the platforms(s), overall very enjoyable and nothing major stands out (Additional note SESH Felt exactly the same as this so didn't right up its own segment for it)

Boston Sprinter: Very nice FPS at all time kept within 58-62 without any issues, Not had any issues with crashes/AI getting suck, Only issues I had with this route up to now is: Using the MBTA F40PH-3C going from Boston - Providence Midway down the route I opened the left side door(at a station) only half of them opened while getting spam for the Trap door opening then the door had glitched and wouldn't close, Tried manually closing the trap doors but I couldn't even interact with the door to close them myself had no option but to restart from the beginning (I will be going back to try this to see if this problem persists) Overall though very happy other than that one issue I've not had anything that rings the alarm bells for me anyway (from the UK so I'm unable to pick up on wrong assets and such)

I know this is a bit of a long read but wanted to give you all an insight from my point of view,

• Like Like x 3
  37. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

Guys, dirty update IS always the problem! That's general rule in IT (for big updates).

What i did was:

- Saved my profile + engine.ini
    - Uninstalled the game completely + removed (very important!) all the leftover at documents TrainSimWorld2 folder (saved games, configs, etc.. everything was still there!)
    - Installed the game
    - Manually added engine.ini settings into new engine.ini + added 4.26 supported mods

Not one crash, perfomance is OK, no glitches.. everything works. The profile and saved info stayed out. Game runs much faster than before.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

That's pretty much my plan for this evening, thank you for letting us know it works!
    Everything in your profile remains as is or did anything change? Game settings, keybindings, etc.?

• Like Like x 1
  39. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

My lvl stayed, my stats stayed, completed tutorial/journey/timelines stayed. Everything else i set out again (RD calibration + audio + video changes) - but that was like 2 minutes of work.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

46Gb core update - crikey that's more than an Asobo MSFS update!
    Well I haven't taken the plunge and bought the new content primarily because the Brighton Line is the only one I'm really interested in but following the discussion to see what I can expect when I (eventually) get the sim updated.

41. Clumsy Pacer

20210820190023_1.jpg
    TSW is clearly set just before the apocolypse. Not because of the clone wars, but because the sun is still in front of the clouds.

wut?

42. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

In an age of really good PCs sad to hear most of the thread complain about CPU fan speed. That’s what it’s there for. If it wasn’t kicking in there would be a problem. Just means more detail the CPU has to contend with.

I like it, it uses the GPU, the CPU is relieved unlike these older games. If you spend too long in the menu then that’s another thing, play the sim, the menu is cool. Anyway a lot more people are playing TS2021 as I am

43. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

So why should the fan be doing overtime in the menu? People maybe called away while playing the game and leave the game in the menu only to come back to find things getting hotter than they should be. I find it strange that DTG took all this time to optimise all the routes and no-one thought about the menu? Seems like an oversight and hope they put it right.

44. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Yes, that is the current workaround, but why force me to press a button every time I start the game to get rid of something I really do not want to see? It is disrespectful into my opinion and a waste of my time, even if it is less than an additional second.

• Like Like x 4
  45. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I agree. It serves no purpose and the new collage one is terrible. A simple "Waste my time with intro videos" checkbox in the settings that I can untick would be marvellous.

• Like Like x 2
  46. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I've been skipping the intro with my left mouse button for so long it's become almost unconscious, so NBD for me.
    I must say the update and RH download went swimmingly for me and everything seems to be hunky-dori with the game.

• Like Like x 1
  47. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I can’t help by think the intro Is for all the new Xbox game pass and epic users primarily. Let’s be honest taking a sim to the mass market it needs to be signed off internally as more jazzy (whether or not we think so).
    It’s worked, the user base has grown through all the newbie questions you see.

as existing steam, Xbox and PS4 players we’re the old school. We’ll whinge about the menu but we know the sim.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

If it was made for a trailer then sure, I'd say you have a point, but the only way you're only gonna see them when you've already bought the darn game, hardly useful for marketing. I don't even think they ever showed it on the bloody stream. the only reason I knew about before getting it is because some forum user posted it.

• Like Like x 1
  49. podinc

podinc Member

In the "foundations" scenario, there seems to be a bug. the signal red when leaving providence station, waited for it to change but didnt.

50. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Press TAB / Contact Signaller...it will allow you to proceed past it at reduced speed. I found a bunch of these in the Boston-providence scenarios