Should Dtg Offer All Ps4 Customers A Free Dlc To Say Sorry For The Update Mess?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Skyz2020, Aug 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

A 60% off on the Brighton route would be really good

• Like Like x 3
  2. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

Well, 60% off anything you choose would be better. Then they can account for any tastes.
    But I'd jump on a discount for Brighton, yes.

• Like Like x 2
  3. moofeen#2182

How is it an update if it didn’t fix anything

4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last time I bought a DLC that wasn't at least 40-50% off, and that was when they worked! :D

I think we're well past that! :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bullets_On_Parade

Bullets_On_Parade Member

Yes I think DTG should absolutely compensate PS4 players for sure. I'd think a free route voucher or 2 locos to use within 12 months would be adequate. This is because 4 days ago I spent almost $100 on content and I've only been able to play it once.
    The game is many things to many people. For me, this game is an escape. See, I'm a veteran and with all this crap going on in the world with Afghanistan and Covid, I'm really questioning if my service and 15 year long career was worth it. Sometimes I'm wound up like a spring and I like to use this as a way to give my brain a rest from the stressors of life. This isn't the only thing I have to unwind, and it certainly isn't a competition to see who is going through the most pain, but it was a massive disappointment when I found out things didn't work. What's been more disappointing is being called a spoilt brat amongst other things by members of this community. I didn't actually realise but I've invested in 15 DLCs for this and they aren't available to me at the moment. Just as a note, I'm not after any sympathy at all, that's not what the point of this post is. And I will loose it if someone says ThAnKyOu FoR YoUr SeRvIcE! In my country, it's almost a meme and a bit disrespectful to say that to someone. I know the Americans love their service personnel and that's fine but it's not really like that in other parts of the world. We are just regular people trying to get by and if we didn't do that job there wasn't much else for us to do in our home towns. So hopefully this gives people a bit of perspective as to why there might be people on here that seem a bit passionate about getting this fixed, if just that they have payed good money for a product that doesn't work at the moment is not enough of an excuse for you.

• Like Like x 9
  6. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the above, the ending I felt sums up where we all are. However the poll 50/50ish would seem to indicate some flicker of support out there for DTG, owing to the poll allowing xbox, pc and ps5 users to vote I wonder if this might also be impacting the yes vote. Let's keep going, maybe if we get to 90% yes a freebie is on the way.. fingers crossed

• Like Like x 3
  7. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat. Not a vet like yourself, but I had a mental health episode. I couldn't cope at the time and felt lost.
    Playing tsw2 was my escape, it's my 'nirvana' and it relaxes me and takes the bad stuff away.
    I'm not a risk or a danger to myself nor is this a cry for help, so don't worry. I just thought I would be brave like bullets on parade and share

• Like Like x 5
  8. Skyz2020

Thank you for sharing, poll is currently 48% yes, someway short of 90% I think for DTG to take any notice of our concerns, however let's see how today goes

9. Skyz2020

50/50 in the end. Might ask mods to close this up on Tuesday post roadmap stream. However will be interested to see if we get 60/40 if all not fixed by then

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

I think a free loco rather than a route would be more realistic however, I would really like DTG to actually say that they are 'sorry' for what has happened, both in the forum and in one of their streams, rather than the usual 'thank you for your patience' which doesn't cut it for me.

• Like Like x 5
  11. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

Isn't odd that those that were basically unaffected with their P.C.s and PS5s have the attitude you shouldn't get any reparation if you've had most of your game denied to you, I bet they don't have the same attitude when their phone or tv package doesn't work for a few days. I bet they wouldn't be happy if everyone else said "well ours worked", so why should you get something to compensate you. :D

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  12. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

No way they will offer a dlc for free. Maybe a discount. More probably, they will do nothing. For sure I will not buy any new DTG product. Period.

• Like Like x 5
  13. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

It's odd how every time there is an error in a Dovetail release, we get so many people coming out of woodwork doing nothing but whine, or ask for free stuff or threaten to boycott DTG. It's played out and it's a broken record. Yes Dovetail know about your issues but unfortunately no amount of you holding your breath, or threatening them is going to fix it. It will be fixed when it can be fixed. Find something else to do if you can't enjoy this game this one weekend but I would suggest finding a new hobby if you're going to get this worked up about a game.

By the way it's playing just fine on my PS5 Xbox and PC thanks for asking :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  14. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

First, you are somewhat correct, but most of us seem to be just waiting, which is what we've been told to do.
    Second, I don't think telling us to get a new hobby is the response anybody should have. If someone told you to get a new hobby all cos it was faulty, would you listen?
    Third, I think we're all aware it's working fine on those platforms and in the interest of being a respectful guy, I'll say I'm happy for you that you're not affected by this issue.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Agree but coming from the man who started a protest when
    Matjamca is a bloke who started a “protest” against DTG for less, laughable really.

• Like Like x 1
  16. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

Yes but not only was I not affected by it I was never affected by any of it. Meaning someone at Dovetail did it right in my region but unfortunately in your region something was missed by either Dovetail or Sony, no point in laying blame really. I think the problem is getting resolved as fast as possible and I want as much for everyone to enjoy it as possible. It's just the vocal minority who I feel need to learn how to understand some of the glitches that come up during updates and new releases and find a better use of their passion for trains and Train Sim World than coming here and making things harder for the support team who is already doing everything in their power to satisfy their customers. It frustrates me, is all. I apologize if you thought I was saying all people with problems should find new hobbies, no just those who constantly complain. Best of luck on a speedy resolution to all TSW2 related problems on PS4.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mike.duncan

mike.duncan Member

Of course they should, but they're not gonna. Not when they can make $40 a pop off of marks like me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. joemcspliff#6716

joemcspliff#6716 New Member

No they should concentrate on making sure you can access all the dlc you have already paid for !!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Yes, especially since this f up this is ridiculous. I've never known a company to be so bad. Having said that, how would implement this?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

This isn't just a glitch though.You were not affected so lucky you. I've spent alot of money on this game and do not expect this to happen! This was untested and dtgs response has been poor to say the least.

• Like Like x 4
  21. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

So Far this thread goes for show that numbers of players on Ps4 are Far greater than Ps5 and some Xbox/PC players that are going to... of course vote no...

• Like Like x 2
  22. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

I voted no because that doesn’t include Xbox, and we’ve been experiencing the problems too

• Like Like x 1
  23. Skyz2020

I would guess based on your license entry for the base game. One email to their support to confirm you own the base game on ps4 then they provide a code for a route of your choice. However with the poll being 50/50 I think they will view they have enough wiggle room at present to not proceed with this idea. Still will keep the poll open until Tuesday, then likely close after Sam has said his bit

24. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Do you really think they will give you a free DLC just to say sorry?!

• Like Like x 2
  25. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

No but they should consider giving PS4 players the option of a full refund but that won’t happen either.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It would be nice, as a gesture of goodwill, to throw out a bit of free DLC for everyone. Not just for this shambles, but as a nice-to-do thank you for our loyalty. Quite often games with loads of paid add-ons will give away a free vehicle or bonus item that you can grab from the PSN store.

I'm not suggesting a whole route, but maybe something that plenty of people could actually make use of. Maybe something like a Class 67 loco in EWS or DB livery that could sub in for the 66 which makes an appearance on quite a few routes already, to add a bit of variety. There's probably something more appropriate, but that was just a first idea and they already have both licences so shouldn't be too difficult from that perspective.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

It prob wouldn’t work if they did !

28. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

I asked about this…. My ticket came back with “as with other purchases you need to contact your vendor” and gave me a link to Sony’s request a refund page so once again hands washed of it

29. ZR Leigh

ZR Leigh Member

DTG have had an almost impossible task of updating Unreal Engine, releasing rush hour, bringing in new console generations with previously purchased DLC carrying over and navigating each platform holders way of doing things. There is a lot that can (and I’m sure) will be learned from this. I know it’s frustrating but it will sort itself out.

• Like Like x 4
  30. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

There is almost no chance your poll with get up to 90%, and even if it somehow did, it would never go anywhere.

DTG have made mistakes with both the update and rush hour.

First they were too ambitious, which in turn causes cuts to be made. Then the update has come with issues with DLC - on Xbox there is a workaround, I don't know about PS.

If the people here, yourself, and most who have replied here took a step back and realised Dovetail were working on it, things would be much, much better off.

The best thing you all can do? Go to the update issues thread, let them know. Don't demand ridiculous things.

I completely understand your frustration, as an Xbox user, I had similar issues, thankfully I found a workaround and I am able to enjoy the game again.

Until DTG find a fix, these things, are not going to help at all.

And some of the replies to this thread are laughable.

Again, I completely understand everyone's frustration, but you all need to take a step back. It makes the forums more unpleasant for everyone :)

• Like Like x 6
  31. moofeen#2182

Also ranting about it is not gonna help ur only gonna take their focus away from fixing this and onto responding to you and when they see all the things that you guys are saying it’ll take their confidence down and that’ll only slow thing down

• Like Like x 1
  32. Skyz2020

Thank you Factor41 I found your post informative and interesting :)

33. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

Free DLC is a bit steep. Maybe put Rush Hour on the next PS Store sale for the original £25 it was supposed to cost would be a fair thing.

• Like Like x 3
  34. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

why would anyone want free DLC when the DLC that's been paid for doesn't work, in my opinion asking for something for free from a company that is this inept is futile at best.

35. Skyz2020

An interesting an idea. Thank you for the input

36. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

hmm bit useless to anyone who paid for rush hour.

to update my Xmas bonus suggestion.

how about the polar express for when we get the steam update? :D

• Like Like x 1
  37. Skyz2020

Lol I have a suspicion that steam will be ps5 only / xbox next gen only, which is a whole different can of worms. ..

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  38. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

oh no, bad posture making you think steam won’t be an add on for one/4 consoles? Cue uproar.. if it’s possible for any more at the minute.

Am sure DTG will continue all TSW2 planned add on’s to work on all existing platforms.

Im actually looking forward to steam and all the things to factor in when driving one :)

• Like Like x 1
  39. railroad#6509

railroad#6509 New Member

40. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

what?

41. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

How about releasing the 08 ews for gwe

42. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

It should not be a free dlc , it should be a platinum “I upgraded” trophy !

• Like Like x 1
  43. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  44. Skyz2020

Lol

45. Skyz2020

• Like Like x 3
  46. damien_khaos

damien_khaos Member

Should ps4 players get a free dlc? Absolutely we pay good hard earned money to purchase and play there game. They break it and then can't or won't admit they messed up hence we can't play when we have free time to relax and enjoy a game we like. Some of us work for a living I put in 56 hours a week or more for csx rail way I don't always have time to play when I do have a spare minute I can't enjoy something I spent good money on. So yes they should give us compensation or for our trouble.

• Like Like x 3
  47. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

"They break it" you think they did this on purpose?

You do realise they are working to try and fix this, and they have admitted things have went wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  48. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

i suspect this was by design, just my opinion, fact remains they did break it, the alternative is incompetence.

• Like Like x 2
  49. damien_khaos

damien_khaos Member

From what I saw they put blame off on Sony. If they they are serious they would have there full staff working over time whole weekend Instead of enjoying the weekend off after a game bricking update for ps4 users

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

i think the work experience guy/gal and the tea lady & cleaners will all be given a serious talking to over this latest fiasco.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.