Where Have I Been? Avoiding The Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stujoy, Aug 21, 2021.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Someone asked where I was on another thread and as I was typing out a long reply the thread was closed for further replies, so before I go to bed I thought I may as well post that reply here.

I’m here, and I’m reading. I don’t think any of my usual jokes and stuff would be helpful to anyone to be honest. And I don’t really have anything to add to any of the numerous threads of unhappy people even though my PS4 game is also stuffed. I just happen to be lucky enough to have only just got a PS5 on which everything has gone very smoothly. Today I’ve been downloading all my DLC on the new console and playing a bit here and there. I’m blown away by what I’m seeing, but posting about that while everyone is having such a hard time hasn’t felt right, and I can’t say I’m having the same hard time because I’ve got the game in a better state than I’ve ever had it. The whole update thing before it has dampened my enthusiasm a bit and that’s the main reason I’m being quiet.

Sometimes I get more stressed about the things I type here than I do about the game but that’s a mental health thing and I don’t want to be worrying about anything I write at the moment. TSW is what I use to keep me relaxed and my health good and I don’t like it when it causes too much stress. I’m better off only posting when I’m in higher spirits than I am right now.

I’m a bit lost for words because it’s been such a mess and had I not had the option of (and been busy with) the PS5 version I might have had more to say. I just decided to forget I’ve even got a PS4 until it’s all worked out and I can just upgrade the once and have it fixed. If I was without the game altogether I would be having a big old gripe and would have been affected more by this mentally than I have been. Had the PS4 update gone smoothly I probably wouldn’t have even downloaded it on the PS5 yet. I have got the PS5 version up and running and if the problems with the PS4 weren’t ongoing I’d be posting a lot about how good the PS5 is. As it is, I’ve just been keeping quiet on all fronts, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Up until getting the new console going, this hasn’t been a pleasant experience, as the plan was to get the PS4 updated first before having to even think about the PS5, just so I wouldn’t have too much stress. It turned out the PS4 was where the stress was, so I had to leave it be and move on. I’m lucky I could do that, but I’m still a bit stressed by it all. Posting less has been part of that.

I’ve also read that other people have been finding this difficult in the same way and also, on top of all the justified frustration, there’s a lot of unfair DTG bashing going on in the forum, all of which I’m seeing as I follow this situation. It’s just been a bad experience all round for a lot of people and in different ways. I have typed out a few posts but just deleted them before posting, as they never sounded right, and I don’t want to add anything to the forum about this episode at the moment to be honest. It’s not been good.

Anyway, that was my reply from earlier, and I hope this all gets sorted soon. It is quite a big deal for some people.

• Like Like x 16
  2. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

i gave up on this game years ago, came back for tsw2 and thought it couldn't possibly be as bad as tsw, but i guess i was wrong, to remove paid for content is inexcusable, the update was clearly not tested properly, the example being someone saying"does it actually work", and the answer being "yeah, it removes all your content", and the one with two brain cells saying"that's an improvement, and we already have the money so who gives a f***".

• Like Like x 4
  3. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

if you’ve watched Star Wars you’ll get this
    tsw community: YOU WILL NOT TAKE TSW FROM ME!

Dtg’s reaction to what people are saying in every thread: your anger and your lust for patches have already done that I will do what I must…releases a patch but it’s not the one most people wanted.

After tsw is dead-tsw community: YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE IT WAS SAID THAT YOU WOULD FIX THE GAME NOT DESTROY IT,BTING BALANCE TO TRAIN GAMES NOT LEAVE IT IN DARKNESS!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

hahaha, i was about during the first battlefront riot, lol, i was at every tsw question time regarding editors,steam,and pay per play bf2, i gave up on modern console cash cow exploitation, after being a gamer since the 70's ive come to the conclusion it's all about money and the customer is expendable because another mug/whinning kiddy is just around the corner, there was a day when you brought a game and it worked, believe it or not.

• Like Like x 4
  5. moofeen#2182

Wow

6. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Born 1985 and completely agree. Long gone are the super mario days on snes. Was reliable, no updates, no bs. Don't get me wrong, i love modern gaming. It just how devs such as DTG approach it. Rlease it asap and ignore the bugs. I thought DTG were turning a new leaf. Oh, i was so wrong. Even Bethesda haven't screwed up this bad lol

• Like Like x 3
  7. kobo

kobo Active Member

Fallout 76 wasn't as bad as this?

8. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

to be honest railfan the only thing that's improved since the early days is graphics, which in my opinion makes the money nowadays, game play comes second because there will always be another one next year for more money that allows you a bit more of what should of been in from the start, its a cash cow, and they are only accountable to shareholders not gamers.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Andyt741 i couldn't agree more. I've grown up with gaming and all devs focus on are graphics. More needs to focuse on gameplay, ui etc. As you rightly said, It's all about shareholders and profit margins. Game devs need to go back to the basics.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

That's pretty much like loads of other game makers out there and most other businesses.
    Shareholders matter more, as does lining the ceo's pockets.

Talking of other game developers, just look at R* as an example. No new GTA game but an upcoming re-release of an 8 year old game on the new systems. People have already paid for the game twice already and now they'll have to pay again if they want to continue playing with a couple of new features/graphics/missions. They're milking GTA as much as they can, charging an arm and a leg for virtual currency and prices in game very high for items like clothing.

Anyway, back to the point of this post, jokes aren't needed or indeed funny in this situation. I've replied to various threads on here about the state of the PS4 update but hardly commented on the PS5 stuff because, like Stujoy, I don't think it's right to comment when it's so bad on the earlier consoles. I am lucky that I can play the newer version but I really do share the frustration that others are feeling because it does still affect me when a game I do want to complete cannot be played at all.

Oh, I also grew up in the heyday of console gaming. The good old days where the games were released complete with no need for patches. If you wanted to play with your mates, they had to be sat next to you rather than miles away.

I do also agree that these days, more focus is on graphics. I've had games where the graphics have been amazing but the gameplay has only been a few hours and that's it then. I've also played games where the graphics aren't as good but the gameplay is amazing and even offers value because you can play again.
    One of my favourite games in the last few years has been Detroit: Become Human because it forced you to play through several times to reveal different things. I've also really enjoyed playing the Life is Strange series because you can have more than one outcome.

Playing TSW and TS21 are my escape. I've spent a lot on both titles in the last 8 months and have enjoyed both. Atm I've only loaded up TSW once since the update (both PS versions) and have only played for a few minutes on the 5.

• Like Like x 4
  11. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

totally agree with what you say there nick y ,in my opinion the ps5 has been sold at the hands of scalpers and deterred me from buying at silly money for something that is already on fix it youtube channels, the whole industry is starting to stink of greed and cheap overpriced crap to me nowadays. funny thing is i updated my model railway and all my track and rolling stock disapeared, hahaha,

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I'll put my hand up and say I got 3 on launch day last year. However, 1 was for me, 1 was for a Christmas present for someone and the other was an accidental bonus which I did sell on to another family member for the price I paid for it, not for a stupid profit to earn a so called quick buck.

Tbh, we live in a throw away society. Something breaks, naff it off and get another instead of fixing it or recycling it so it can be used for something else. I believe this is another reason why there are shortages of certain things now because so much of the stuff that could have been recycled into new products is lying in landfill somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  13. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

yep, spot on nick y, ive been on the tools for 30yrs since i left school as a plumber, and boy has that changed from repair to replace, i still work with my oldman whos been about 80yrs, now we look forward to the third world moving in and the politically correct and dopey joe, hahaha, im off now, i was only here to find out why my trains are missing, hahaha, all the best to you sir and thankyou for a bit of sanity.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Thank you stujoy, great to hear from you. Glad to hear the ps5 is going well. Good to read your view point that is always well measured, hopefully see some of the dry humour more often post update resolution for ps4. All the best

• Like Like x 2
  15. adam.fisher6912

adam.fisher6912 Member

Glad to know you are ok. I do enjoy reading your posts. I can't get too excited about all this. Yes my game is broken and yes my DLC have disappeared. But it will eventually be fixed.
    I could be in Afghanistan fleeing for my life. So desperate that I'm willing to hang on to the outside of a flying aeroplane and risk my life for a bit of freedom.
    So a broken video game that will get sorted eventually isn't really worth getting too upset about, as annoying as it is

• Like Like x 6
  16. davemc#8546

davemc#8546 New Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I watched Star Wars and I don’t get it. Mind you, it was over 40 years ago. And I fell asleep.

• Like Like x 2
  18. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

The same thing happens to me. I don't want to talk about the goodness of the ps5 version because everything that is happening with ps4 hurts me. I was lucky to get a ps5 last week, otherwise I would be in the same situation.
    It's unfortunate to say I got lucky for something like that, but it was a matter of a minute before they were sold out. I don't know what the hell is going on with the console market, it's in hysterical mode.

So we will quietly enjoy our ps5 version until the dust settles and all gamers can do it. Yesterday I read someone commenting in a thread about how well the ps5 version had come out and they pounced on him like bengal tigers.
    And the frustrations with the new UI I can reflect on the PC forum, which is hot on the subject. :D
    I wanted to ask you stujoy , how is it going with the new 4K tv? Have you noticed much difference from the previous one in TSW? I just can't decide to change my fullHD tv, because it's a considerable expense. That's why I'd like to know your opinion on whether it's really worth the change, now that you've just experienced it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  19. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I really like the 4K TV. It’s a 43 inch one and cost the same as the PS5 so not inexpensive. The PS4 is staying in one room with the old normal sized TV and this was a new setup in another room just for gaming and movies for me and my mrs, so I thought I may as well buy 4K as that is what the PS5 outputs. TSW2 does look awesome on it but I can’t say what it would look like on an HD TV with the PS5 as I can only compare it to the less than 1080p that the PS4 output on a 1080p TV. Between those two it is a world of difference. It’s like the image is made from magic instead of pixels.

Speaking of luck with getting the PS5, I had previously had one in my basket at Argos and then by the time it got to checkout it was sold out in all stores. The same thing had happened again for the next ‘drop’ and I was just refreshing when one store had it in stock and I got it. Not my local store but one less than an hour away there and back. A whole month of checking stock drop alerts, getting up at 8am and refreshing several shop sites on the web and finally hitting on that nanosecond that one was available. Quite a ridiculous thing to still have to go through so long after the launch of the thing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for your response, after reading this:
    :love::love::love:
    I definitely have to get a new 4K TV, the feeling you convey certainly justifies the expense.
    Enjoy the great picture quality you and Mrs. Stujoy!

• Like Like x 1
  21. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

I've got the same mindset going. PS5 comes middle of next week and PS4 hasn't even been turned on since I clicked the checkout button.

• Like Like x 2
  22. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

No offense to you guys at all but... Having to get a ps5 to play content you've spent $$$$ on is INSANE. Either Sony or DTG need to get their fingers out their ah-ses and fix this.

• Like Like x 3
  23. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

As a fan of star wars, I strongly request you delete these altered quotes, they are completely wrong in contexts;

"You will not take TSW from me"
    Original: "You will not take her from me"
    Context: Anakin (Now Vader) shouting to Obi-Wan, as Anakin believes he has turned Padmé (his wife) against him.

Application to TSW: Saying DTG are taking TSW from you.

Reality: They are not, it's clearly unintentional, and they'll keep working on it.

"You were the chosen one!.."
    Original: "You were the chosen one! It was said you would destroy the sith, not join them! Bring balance to the force, not leave it in darkness"

Context: Obi-Wan attempts to show Anakin how he has betrayed everything he stood for - the Prophecy of the Chosen One, the Jedi Order, and the Republic.

Application to TSW: Claiming that DTG have went out their way to break the game.

Reality: They haven't, they are trying to fix this. (calm doon)

Do yourself a favour, don't just jump on the bandwagon.

• Like Like x 1
  24. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Actually legally we do not own digital content, rather get a license to play the game for as long as the publisher wants you to. So technically not entitled to anything. I understand the PS4 players are upset and angry, DTG are trying to fix the problem as a matter of urgency. Everyone just needs to have some patience until the issues are resolved, go outside and do something else for awhile!

• Like Like x 2
  25. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I agree that you shouldn’t have to spend the money on a new console to be able to play a game you have also spent a lot of money on but I haven’t done it because the PS4 update was going to go wrong. The timing was just right for me to upgrade for the release of the standalone PS5 version of TSW2 because I’ve wanted the best experience in the game for two years now but never wanted to buy a PC to get it.

It would have happened sooner or later. My partner is the gamer out of the two of us, she plays lots of games so wanted to get a PS5 soon as well. The only game I play is TSW2 because I only want a train sim as I’m not into anything else. If it was only for TSW2 our upgrade decision may not have made it past the suggestion phase right now and I’d have to cope with the PS4 version for longer. It’s served me well but I wanted a better experience and the PS5 gives me that.

26. moofeen#2182

Ik it was just a joke