Ps New 1.43 Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cash, Aug 20, 2021.

1. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Exactly

• Like Like x 1
  2. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

well is there really any point? DTG treat us like garbage, we are the poor boys of the neighbourhood, the PlayStation posse. not our demographic of high end i9 processor PC nerds, why should we care what the PS4 people are going through, that's why we basically laughed it off in our webcast. DTG couldn't give a flying F&#K if this takes a week or so to fix, we aren't their priority and they've made that blatantly clear. Have you ever tried telling them about errors in their game, last time I sent an error report about a scenario setting you up in the wrong train and bouncing back off an invisible end of scenario area that they had put the waypoint past, I was sent a message saying sorry you couldn't finish it, watch this video to see how to do it properly, I was doing it properly and had finished it, but it still had errors, they didn't give a toss, so you think DTG are actually going to care what we say? Well good luck with that one.

• Like Like x 3
  3. moofeen#2182

Not wrong there ngl

• Like Like x 1
  4. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

your not wrong. So many bugs and DTG never fix them. Doesn't even phase me these days. It just seems like they do not care.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

You aren't wrong.
    But that's not my point. I was defusing an escalating situation.

This issue has to be fixed because it affects an entire platform. Will it be fixed as soon as it could be? No.
    Will DTG fix everything else? Who knows?
    Do DTG care about PS4 owners? Up to your interpretation.
    Should they handle things better? Yes, 100%, absolutely they should.
    Is this update acceptable? No, not by a long shot.

We are all in the same boat, as I said before.

• Like Like x 3
  6. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

to be honest your spot on thatleedsguy, but if someone said there gonna update your tele and they walked out with all your possessions and said " you can have em back sometime", you would i assume as many seem to, want to hit said fool where it hurts or to have a genuine complaint

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  7. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

I followed this but I can confirm that my add-ons (SEHS and CCL) have not been installed. I’ve been using the East Coastway route for the time being as these 2 routes are not available for me yet but please get this issue fixed, whether it is DTG or Sony.

• Like Like x 2
  8. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

exactly it feels like I've had a load of my stuff stolen and I'm waiting on plod to return it, some of which I'm seriously peeved about as I've only just bought it and now they've had it more than I have.

• Like Like x 3
  9. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

Hi Natalie,

Tried this however still got an error message for MSB, NTP, GWE, LIRR, and RT. The only working add-on I have is HRR
    Does this mean the add-ons in the store are not yet updated? I can see the add-ons that I purchased in the store alright and it detected that I have already paid for them therefore I can redownload for free. But there is no indication which version of add-on it was.
    Is there a way to know that?

• Like Like x 2
  10. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

funny thing is iv'e been into and spent a small fortune on gaming since the 70's, the whole business is built on how much money can be extracted from the punters and dtg are no exception, when the proverbial hits the fan they really don't give a dam because they have your money and there is nothing you can do about it, they say we value the forums for feedback but truth be known its a get out of jail and continue with the snake oil clause, they only take notice when it suits there agenda of profit. sad but true and there not alone.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Railfan1985

Yup, and they always blame someone else when it goes south.

• Like Like x 1
  12. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

hahaha, narcissistic tendancy seems to fit, no one says "ok guv i f****ed up", which in my opinion i respect more than the current blame game. to make a mistake means you tried, and if you dont try you don't achieve anything.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Railfan1985

Yup, this is how i feel about these companies. They never admit they screwed up. Thats putting it lightly in this case lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Well I’ve just updated the game with the patch and yes every route that originally came on my TSW2 disc works but then again they did before this patch. WSR which was waiting to installed from last night as an experiment installed but you’ve guessed it it’s still not in the game. Visited the PS store via the game and some of my dlc’s say free whilst others still say the price so would re charge me so I’m not even risking it. Neither am I risking uninstalling and reinstalling everything either.

I’ve got to the stage where I’ve really had enough of TSW2 now and all this hassle. I’m starting to think this is some kind of underhand way that DTG and Sony are doing to force me to buy a PS5 because apparently everything works on that and everyone’s paid for dlc’s are there and working except GWR? I suppose there is a record somewhere of all my dlc purchases so the way things are going ( I really have no confidence the PS4 version is going to be fixed anytime soon tbh ) I’ll probably never be able to play all my TSW2 content that I’ve paid for until I get a PS5 which won’t be for a good while yet so I guess I could see you all in about 4 years or whatever unless a PS4 fix were to happen assuming as I say a PS5 would recognise my dlc purchases on a PS5 and let me download them in 4 years time or whatever.

Thanks DTG and Sony you’ve got my money but I’m quite possibly locked out of playing this game until I upgrade my PlayStation If I ever do.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Railfan1985

Its not Sony mate. This is DTG. They've screwed up before, but this? Oh, this is whole new level. How the hell do you mess up so badly? I grew up with consoles and have never seen bs like this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. gingerpubes2300

gingerpubes2300 Member

The time is currently 4:48 GMT there is an update installing on my PS4 I wonder if it’s the patch to fix the add ons not working I shall update here once it is done to let you know if it works… this is DTG so probably not

• Like Like x 1
  17. moofeen#2182

Ya mean either

18. moofeen#2182

No it’s not sorry to bring ur hopes down

19. shhweeet#4292

Yep I agree with you

The only way back for PS4 players is to write off what we’ve spent and hope it gets returned via a PS5 if we get one sometime in the future I’m quite sceptical that DTG can sort out this unholy mess with an update that will automatically restore all our dlc’s with an update like last nights patch when we switch our PS4’s on?

• Like Like x 1
  20. moofeen#2182

I swear I was thinking the exact same thing but if they do that they’ll probably lose their deal with Microsoft

• Like Like x 2
  21. gingerpubes2300

gingerpubes2300 Member

Oh ffs who knows maybe they’ll pull their fingers out by October it’s an absolute joke they must find it so hysterical to know that their customers aren’t getting what they’ve paid for. On a serious note a competitor needs to come along now and wipe the floor with DTG.

• Like Like x 4
  22. moofeen#2182

They have to fix it or else tsw 2 will have literally 0 players and they’d get sued and they’d be broke just like that

• Like Like x 1
  23. gingerpubes2300

gingerpubes2300 Member

It has been just constant LOVE ups from the day I brought the simulator they’re constantly false advertising and getting their customers hopes up only to be let down majorly. I mean they still haven’t fixed one of the most basic issues that has been in tsw 2 since the day it came out they’d rather focus their time and energy into half assed efforts of updates and routes

• Like Like x 2
  24. moofeen#2182

Ya how many times now has it been?

25. gingerpubes2300

gingerpubes2300 Member

I swear since this update my PS4 had turn into a Boeing 747 I’ve never heard the fans struggling so much

• Like Like x 4
  26. shhweeet#4292

They will have players because everyone will get PS5’s when they become more available which surely won’t be that long until supply of them improves. I’d like to think they would get sued but the reality is they probably won’t. I mean who could afford to take them on in court unless everyone banded together and shared the costs maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  27. moofeen#2182

Same all other games is calm normal fans but on tsw it decides to earape me lmao

• Like Like x 1
  28. gingerpubes2300

gingerpubes2300 Member

There honestly was no point in that patch whatsoever I mean the PlayStation store is still acting as if I have to pay for routes I own. This matter is extremely laughable… if I don’t laugh then I’d probably take a trip to Kent and visit at their office demanding my money back!

Edited by DTG Natster - Removed inappropriate language

• Like Like x 5
  29. moofeen#2182

Ya true

30. moofeen#2182

I can’t but I would if I was in England

31. moofeen#2182

Nice idea

32. gingerpubes2300

gingerpubes2300 Member

Ah unlucky I’m pretty much the opposite side of the river Thames to their office. If the matter hasn’t been resolved by Wednesday next week I will definitely be considering making a visit

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  33. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

I feel like they need to stop making routes for a while to fix everything that is wrong with the game. I feel they never fix bugs because they are constantly always making a route every month to release instead of fixing the existing issues in the game. The more they ignore these bugs the more of a pile it will be and they will have a hard time trying to tackle down everything. They obviously rushed this update because they usually say when something is testing and they didn't mention that the core update was in beta only the Boston route. But that's my opinion.

• Like Like x 5
  34. Railfan1985

Agreed. There are routes with alot of problems (sandpatch comes to mind) theres a lot of bugs but none have been addressed. Its beyond ridiculous now.

• Like Like x 1
  35. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

my ps4 done exactly the same, revved up like a helicopter and almost took of after i deleted/re-loaded/deleted/reloaded/deleted/reloaded as advised by the 'official' numpty. its never done that on any game ever ,

• Like Like x 1
  36. ilbambino96

ilbambino96 New Member

Got the same thing on my ps4 slim, still showing me the dlc from the in game menu and tried downloading, lirr not working, Oakville same but it shows there free not showing up after restarting the game though. Southern High Speed still shows the price, LGV also shows the price. I don't know whats going on with this.

• Like Like x 2
  37. SubwayRailfanner

Same problem for me. LIRR is the main route I play so imagine. Boston will probably be my second favorite but am not purchasing anything till they get it together. Let's see what tomorrow brings and hope for the best .

• Like Like x 1
  38. ilbambino96

ilbambino96 New Member

Same with LIRR for me, I bought Boston yesterday and now it's showing up on the ps store through the game still showing the price.

• Like Like x 2
  39. SubwayRailfanner

Yeah that's why am trying to avoid buying it for now even if I lose that discount price.

40. ilbambino96

ilbambino96 New Member

I didn't even get no discount price.

41. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Hi. I did the update with I only have a few DLC. In the PS store, I have a price for all routes that are released with TSW2. It is already possible to download the preserved collection. They will not delete the game yet. I'll wait for the repairs to proceed. I photographed the screens with the DLC he bought. If that doesn't work out I'll ask Sony for the money back I've invested. I wish everyone strong nerves.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

For me mostly everything works.
    Actually reinstalling DLCs again, before the lSt patch there were some Loco-Addons and LGV not working.
    LGV status actual: ingame store wants me tonoay again, PSN only shows the PS5 version if I search for it, for PS4 it doesn‘t show up in the store/addons

43. dana satya

dana satya New Member

the option is to uninstall and reinstall it.. please explain to me how to reinstall the DLC and add on again since the purchased add on are gone from ps store.. im not going to buy it again

actually there was message about outstanding update needed for the add on.. how was that

44. Railfan1985

Don't bother reinstalling, it will not work. Nothing will. DTG needs to fix this

• Like Like x 1
  45. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Why don't you play the PS5 version?[/QUOTE]
    I have TSW2 collectors edition on disc so I can’t upgrade for 1-2 weeks as was said here on the forums

• Like Like x 1
  46. foheming#3276

foheming#3276 New Member

I can confirm that on the PS5, everything is working fine. But the PS4 version is a mess currently and I pity other Playstation players. I am not angry, just disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  47. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

I‘m still playing PS4 version for two reasons: I want that damn platinum trophy and I still have a little hope, that DTG finds a way for profile/savegame transfer

• Like Like x 1
  48. niko558

niko558 Member

Hope they sort this!! I got the the game for the older UK content two weeks ago, a childhoods thing.
    I have WSR, TVR and want NTP, Will my dream be realised???

49. HeuF

HeuF Active Member

I have TSW2 collectors edition on disc so I can’t upgrade for 1-2 weeks as was said here on the forums[/QUOTE]
    Ha, ok... Clear.

50. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

So Saturday and we are STILL no closer to having access to the stuff weve paid for. Well done DTG I bet if this was an issue with BUYING your dlc you would have sorted it within 3 minutes.

• Like Like x 9