New To Tsw2 And This Forum.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by niko558, Aug 20, 2021.

1. niko558

niko558 Member

I’ve had TSW2 for two weeks and walked right into a storm !!!. I turned the PS4 on yesterday and it updated automatically. I own the Collectors Edition, WSR and TVL.
    but the DLC is not there. The original content works but Sand Patch Grade is very laggy on external camera mode.I don’t know if this to do with the update as I’ve not played SPG before. Let’s hope we get the update issues sorted.

2. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, not great timing but it'll all be resolved, just need to be patient.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club. The new update seems to have brought large performance issues to the PS4 (despite the less powerful Xbox One not having them) and has brought the ability for the game to delete your DLC library.

4. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Hopefully they have our money tho so they prolly won’t give a sh-t

• Like Like x 1
  5. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

welcome, this game is good but in my opinion has been plagued by problems for years since concept(tsw is a clue) due to basic errors like "does it work", "ermm, no, but, sort of, but we got the money", "ok that's good enough", seems to be the company policy, we are mere expendable consumers who only complain. if your happy with things you've paid for being removed and a game developer that constantly makes fundamental inexcusable errors and loads of bugs you'll be very happy. enjoy your stress my friend.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  6. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

But the thing is how patient cuz if it takes more than a few days that means they are not doing their job

7. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

I think it's also Sony as well, not just DTG so cut them some slack. They will no doubt learn from this to ensure it doesn't happen again.

8. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

You're not wrong. The complexity of what DGT have done is immense and clearly Sony's infrastructure is not designed to cope with it. Although there have still been a few issues, Microsoft's infrastructure seems much better designed for this sort of upgrade.

I'm sure DTG consulted with Sony and were given assurances it would be okay but clearly this hasn't been the case.

Yes it's not great, but we need to remember that most games don't upgrade their entire engine and their back catalogue of DLC, they stick with the version it was released on. If we want TSW to continue to evolve and still have access to upgraded versions of old DLC with better features then we need them to continue to push the boundaries, it just might be a bit of a rocky ride for the community during periods of transition but will be well worth it in the end. If not we'll just get TSW 3 next year and all our old content will be mothballed in TSW 2.

I just hopefully they'll come up with a more streamlined process for next time round!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, not a great time to jump in, but a fair representation of the kind of bugs and glitches you can expect!

For the smoothest TSW playing experience, I'd recommend never buying routes at release - leave it a few months for everyone else to do the beta testing and for them to have time to fix all the problems. That way, you can build your library with a decent discount and save yourself a whole world of frustration.

The latest PS4 update has solves the crashing issue so just play the base routes (Bakerloo, Koln, SP) for now and sit tight for the DLC fix.

• Like Like x 1
  10. niko558

niko558 Member

I’m in this for the old UK diesels so I hope DTG continue to support the preserved collection when the update is sorted. I have the Collectors Edition on disk plus WSR,TVR and the class 31. NTP next if the update gets sorted????. At least I have plenty to do for now. ;):mad:

• Like Like x 1
  11. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

Nothing to do with Sony, they just recieve the update with assurances it works and apply it to the game through the PS Network. They don't alter the update or touch it in any way. To say it was submitted to Sony then they messed it up it absolute fanciful nonsense from DTG. Sony have been doing this for 15 years and never have I heard of a company blame Sony because their update was a mess, until now.

The real issue that needs addressed is why did this update get released in the first place because either:

1. DTG did not test it at all before submitting it to Sony for release.
    or
    2. Did test it but submitted it to Sony anyway knowing fine well there were huge issues it would cause.