Question About Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour Season Ticket

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by frustrated parent, Aug 21, 2021.

1. frustrated parent

frustrated parent New Member

Hi all, firstly I must point out that I do not play Train Sim World 2 and have no real personal interest in it. So could one of you kind people please help me?

My daughter absolutely loves TSW and spends a lot of time playing it. She was therefore very much looking forward to the release of Rush Hour Season Ticket. Particularly, she was looking forward to playing the London Victoria/Brighton route as described in the product description on the MS Store. So as a reward for her working so hard at school, last night I bought her the package as a gift. She installed it today. But only the Boston route is there, with no mention of the other two routes. So she is really quite disappointed and upset, and quite honestly so am I. I spent quite some time in chat with a friendly MS customer agent, but they couldn't give me an answer. So can anyone clarify for me what is up? Should all three routes be in the package, or have MS screwed up the description and only the Boston route is included?

Thanks in Advance.

2. cjm#5741

cjm#5741 Member

The 3 routes were supposed to be released all together however DTG announced around 3 weeks ago that they will be released in a staggered format.

We don't know the release date of the other 2 routes yet but DTG assured that it won't be long - take from that what you want.

Since you bought the season ticket, you will be able to download the other routes when they are released at no extra cost

Hopefully that explains it

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

This is another example of the misleading advertising strategies which they use, I'm afraid. It was originally announced as "Rush Hour Coming This Summer!" (or something like that), and the promotional material still suggests that, but in the end it turned into one of the Rush Hour routes coming this summer, and the other two later on, whenever that is. They won't release the other two until they're happy with them, which may not be as long as it appears as they are happy to release routes without testing them very much.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

This is the thing with the "season pass" business model so common in the industry now, unfortunately you're buying a promise of something eventually being delivered, rather than buying the thing straight up. The other routes will be released as part of it over time, you have them preordered, but as of now they are not finished and in the game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. frustrated parent

Thank you so much. I suspected that might be the case but I couldn't find it stated anywhere. It's so disappointing that that is not made clear on the MS store, or in fact in the Xbox download page. A "coming soon" placeholder of some sort would have made things this morning so much easier, and saved a great deal of time! Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Princess Entrapta

I think Dovetail, and a lot of studios these days, sometimes overlook the fact that a lot of customers do not follow their streams and social media, but only ever see the information in press releases, advertising, and storefronts.

• Like Like x 2
  7. frustrated parent

Yes indeed. In my situation I don't even see the adverts or press releases because TSW is not my sort of thing, and I'm not even really into any gaming at all these days. But I do have to buy games for my kids, and so I am very careful to be sure that what I am buying is what they want and the correct edition. At no point in my checking last night, or during the purchase itself, did I see anything about a delay for some of the content. To have my very excited child's bubble popped like this is absolutely infuriating and it's left a bit of a sour taste. Dovetail should take note that misleading, and frustrating, customers is never a very sensible business strategy. Anyway, ho hum, at least we now know that the route we have paid for will become available eventually, and she can look forward to that.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Princess Entrapta

I hope she does enjoy it once it releases!

• Like Like x 1
  9. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I feel your frustration. As a member of the forums, obviously I knew about the delays but I appreciate that not everyone has that information.

Hopefully, the delay will mean that the London Brighton route, which I am also looking forward to, will be better than if they had released it before it was ready, which has been a problem in the past with this game.

You say you are not really into gaming these days which suggests you were once. You really should give it a go. I have been playing computer games since the days of the Spectrum in the 80s. I got back into it when my kids were younger and haven’t looked back. Maybe find a genre that interests you. Personally, as well as train simulators, I love point and click adventures and I find it really relaxing.

• Like Like x 1