PC Boston Sprinter Crash

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Tahar_bej, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

I have been trying to play the MBTA #915 service to Stoughton there is always a crash between 2.6 and 2.4 mi from Route 128. I tried it 4 times now. I have always started it from the journey mode

• Like Like x 2
  2. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Same here - on PC Steam version. Same location, repeated 3 times. Sent a support ticket, will try a run the other way.

3. Glazier

Glazier Member

I crashed 300 yards from last station, same service. And it is the first after tutorial in Journey :lol:

4. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

I tried now many ways passing thru that point: I tried to start the service from the timetable and not the journey, I tried playing as the passanger it never worked now I made around 15 tries and I always had a crash around that same point (between 2.4 and 2.6 mi before Route 128 going from Boston towards Route 128)

5. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I deleted the whole thing in the end including the core files by chucking the whole Train sim world 2 folder from steamapps into the recycle bin, and let Steam reinstall it. It worked ok after doing this. Don't understand why the original Steam 'overwriting' process caused a problem but it did for me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pulse#6242

Pulse#6242 New Member

got the Epic version but have the same problem. So will try your way see it it works for me

7. Pulse#6242

Pulse#6242 New Member

worked for me at lest i got the 1st one done finally

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

I tried it too but for me it doesn't work. If i approach Route 168 from any directions it crashes for me. I have redownloaded the whole game twice now

• Like Like x 1
  9. thisurlnotfound

thisurlnotfound New Member

Same issues for me in similar location. Always around Rt 128.

I have verified files multiple times in Steam, even deleted everything and re-downloaded. Still crashing more often than not and usually around (within a couple miles) Route 128 station.

Attached Files:

10. jayzhead

jayzhead Active Member

Happened to me today as well, about 10 miles out from 128 from the south on #174 Providence - Boston service. Crashed me out to windows.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hobbykraftfahrer

Hobbykraftfahrer New Member

Happend to me twice today, on the #915 MBTA Service in different locations of the route.

• Like Like x 1
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

My nemesis is called Back Bay (station). I crash regularly when approaching it from the South. BR o7

13. captincrampy

captincrampy New Member

I have also had problems at back bay twice at the same place on the same service. Will get the service number and get it reported

14. vincentnicholas202

vincentnicholas202 Member

should DTG fixed some crashed

15. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

For those of us who has these crashes do you have AMD cpu and/or AMD graphics card?

16. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Someone suggested in the PC forum to remove all reskins.

17. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

At these locations I don't get crashes but freezes instead lasting no longer than a minute. I use a NVIDIA GTX 970. Could it be a memory issue and loading of scenary?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  18. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

I don't think so, I have 8GB of VRAM and 16 GB RAM, that shoulde be enough on ultra setting. For me it seems that my game only crashes if the Route 128 station is being loaded or unloaded. The only way currently I can reach that station if I spawn on foot from the menu

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

Thanks it solved the problem

20. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

Just had my first mid-play crash. Before I had experienced crashes only if exiting the game from the pause menu (other than that, there's been no issues). This time, I was driving the "Cold as Ice" scenario, approaching Canton Junction about 1 mile away from Boston direction, when the game threw me back to the desktop with UE4 crash report screen. No mods, no custom liveries or scenarios, No engine.ini or other tweaks. Steam file verification done few days ago after the update and purchasing the season ticket, no problems were found.

I'm running the game on i7-7700, 16GB of RAM and GTX1070.

UECrashTSW2.jpg

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I have a AMD GPU card a RX570 with 8gb of ram

22. Tahar_bej

Tahar_bej Member

I have the same type card, but after i removed all my liverys it is working

23. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

Same here in the same location and on the same service.

24. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

If you have no mod pak files installed and no engine ini tweaks, please PM me if you're willing to send me crash dump files via email.

Thanks!
    Matt.

25. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

Tried the "Cold as Ice" scenario again. This time the crash happened shortly after departing Canton Junction, heading towards Stoughton on the outbound leg from Boston. I had just gotten the train up to the max allowed speed when it happened. Slightly different message on the crash log this time, though, and seems to point to Nvidia? I'm running driver version 471.68 (08/10/2021), updated via Geforce Experience.

I have about 500 hrs of playing time on TSW2, and it has been very stable and trouble free until now.

P.S. I could not locate the crash dump files, I would be happy to send them over in case I keep experiencing these crashes in the future.

2021-08-24_UECrashTSW2.jpg

26. Geth_2234

Geth_2234 Well-Known Member

I seem to get that same crash except while breaking arriving in to canton junction.

27. kevin.charb81

kevin.charb81 Well-Known Member

PS5 user and experiencing the same issue. I then started the "Ice Night" scenario on HHL and it crashed in similar fashion shortly before Bad Oldesloe. Never had an issue like this before.

28. Officer2506

Officer2506 Well-Known Member

Everyone with an AMD graphics card (and no installed mods or engine.ini tweaks) who experiences ongoing mid-game Unreal Engine crashes while driving can try the following workaround:

1. Install or downgrade to the latest (recommended) Adrenalin driver Version 21.6.1
    2. Go to the in-game Settings > Screen > and change the Window Mode from “Fullscreen” to “Window”.

At least this seems to work perfectly for my system and I’ve experienced no more game-crashes since applying these changes.

Edit after a few more hours:

The following error messages seems to be gone for now:
    1. LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')
    2. LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 1241] FMallocBinned2 Attempt to realloc an unrecognized block 0000000002150000 canary == 0x96 != 0xe3

The following error messages still occur occasionally:
    1. Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0xffffffffffffffff

All in all, it is much better but not fixed.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  29. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

In reference to my earlier post #25, I was able to successfully complete the scenario on the third attempt. Only change I made was to reduce texture quality from "Ultra" to "High" from my graphic settings. I had no issues running with "Ultra" before, but maybe GTX1070 (8GB) does not have enough memory for this particular scenario?

I had another issue on this third run, though. Only one of the doors on the train would open when pressing "u" or selecting "Unlock Right" form the TAB-menu. I ran into similar issue with an Amtrak service later, so I'll make another post with more details for that.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. Officer2506

Thanks! I will give it a try with lower settings later this day.

Wasn't able to complete "Cold as Ice" until now (4th try). Either I got game-crashes or I was blocked by other locomotives or signals don't turned green. Slightly bit annoying.

31. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You can find crash dump files here:

..\Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2\Saved\Crashes

Each crash dump is in a folder, you should zip this folder and then send it. Please make sure to have all Mods removed before play, not use DX12 and not use any engine.ini tweaks if you really want to help.

• Like Like x 1
  32. EchoKilo

EchoKilo Member

Thanks, Rudolf! I'll make a note of that for the future.

33. Officer2506

That was the solution! Just tried it once again on "high" graphics settings and without saving, reloading, contacting the signaller and passing signals at danger and it worked perfect now. Thanks for your help!