Ps New 1.43 Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cash, Aug 20, 2021.

1. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

Saturday 11:15 am (UK): Just updated my PS4 TSW2 with update file V1.43. Not run a route yet (yesterday, the routes that I could use seemed to work fine). However some of my add-on routes are still missing. TBH I can’t see much difference from the position on Thursday and Friday. I assume DTG are continuing to work on this issue. I guess we need to be patient. Having waited all summer for this update and Rush Hour, I can manage for another day or so. Regular updates from DTG would be appreciated though. The Dovetail Live portal in the game seems to be a sensible solution.

• Like Like x 7
  2. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

61035F0C-D209-4E41-8B9B-52FA230F4AF9.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

So I guess the issue with not being able to play your preserved routes remains.. at least the game doesn’t crash when you do install them anymore. I guess that’s a positive?

• Like Like x 4
  4. davemc#8546

davemc#8546 New Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The most recent patch was to resolve instances where players machines simply crashed.

We are still working alongside Sony to find a resolution for the add-ons which are either missing or unplayable for many. We are aware that the most recent steps are not successful for all players.

The team are working throughout the weekend to try and get this resolved. When we have an update to share with you. We will.

Keep an eye on this thread for the most up to date information.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/player-reports.43678/

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  6. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

Yeah the method didn’t work for me. Seriously hope that this gets resolved early next week.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mctrain face

Mctrain face Active Member

Do we think dtg knew there would be an issue? Since the core update was first said to go live on Tuesday then it got pushed back till the Thursday.

Did they already know this update had major issue but released it anyway?

• Like Like x 4
  8. Mctrain face

Mctrain face Active Member

The new update stops the game crashing.
    Great!!

So now I can play the dlc I paid for but don't have access to. But at least the game won't crash when I play the dlc I carnt play

Helpful

• Like Like x 5
  9. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Same with me, I can now play (and I recorded a video for next Sunday's upload) the Boston route but still don't have access to, I'd say what? 75-80% of my paid for DLCs. I suppose though to get to play the Boston route we should take as a small and minor W

• Like Like x 2
  10. davemc#8546

davemc#8546 New Member

can i ask you then, PS4, I have purchased a season ticket yesterday via PS Store. Shows I paid on transaction history but there isn't a game to download anywhere. Have you heard of any issues with the season ticket like this?.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

There issues with that yes

• Like Like x 2
  12. davemc#8546

davemc#8546 New Member

Thanks DTG. Yes I have tried all that 3 times. So will have t wait. Ha
    I have paid for a rush hour season ticket yesterday on PS store but no download is showing available. I am missing something or do I have to go to the Boston Sprinter itself to load the game. Sorry bit hopeless with all this. Ha

• Like Like x 1
  13. DANtheWALLY

DANtheWALLY Active Member

Yeah I have that. Has done nothing to fix dlc on ps4 and Boston Sprinter runs at like 10 fps.

• Like Like x 2
  14. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

I’m on the other side of the ocean /Canada

• Like Like x 1
  15. moofeen#2182

Das prolly true it’s kinda sad

• Like Like x 1
  16. moofeen#2182

My Boston thing runs fine on ps4

17. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

If I were you I would go for the Boston Sprinter and see if it says you can download it for free as you have the season ticket.

• Like Like x 2
  18. dlangdale

dlangdale Member

I have literally done everything they told me to, I uninstalled the game then reinstalled it without the addons and the game now works and doesn't crash but, I then went to the store and installed some of the dlc's which were saying £0.00 (free) and low and behold they don't work either! I'm still getting this error message saying that these routes are not compatible with this version of the game and too start a second download. The problem is there is no second download the only other option is to pay again!! :mad:
    Its so ridiculous, I have bought EVERY DLC apart from Cane Creek, which totals around £370! and cannot play them even after the 1.43 patch!
    This is just not on at all, its been like 3 days now and i still cannot get access to my DLC's how long is this gonna take?

• Like Like x 2
  19. moofeen#2182

My ps4 season ticket is fine it works

20. rightontrack#2720

rightontrack#2720 Active Member

Deleted and re-installed the base game twice now, downloaded SOME of the DLC I'd purchased (some are still showing like I never paid for them) and the ones I re-downloaded aren't showing in the game at all.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. sakulepro

sakulepro New Member

Yes I received the update but it’s never fixed

• Like Like x 1
  22. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

Probably not? Why would DTG make trouble for themselves with an entire group of their playerbase?

I think the key is that DTG didn't know because they missed the issue. How did they miss it? No clue. You'd think it would have been spotted the moment they tested it with a PS4 and found hardly anything worked.

We do need answers as to what went wrong and why, but I doubt DTG knew this would happen.

• Like Like x 4
  23. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

The software may crash after the update. That's what I expected. DTG said they have a lot of experience with such a big update. I didn't believe them. What I didn't expect was the damage and loss of DLC in the PSN store. Perhaps no one has succeeded yet. It turned out that now we have a price for our purchased DLC again. This is not the most angry in this situation.

• Like Like x 2
  24. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

If you go to the PlayStation desktop and not the store, you’ll find all your add-ons. And I’m finding that the desktop is more accurate than the store right now.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  25. moofeen#2182

ya u just gotta be patient I’ve heard the people are expecting a fix early next week

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. johnny69wells

johnny69wells Active Member

I have paused my update, not got route yet.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Gav

Gav Active Member

Still not been resolved and fixed, this is beyond a joke now.

Really poor.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Early next week,thats optomistic lol. The update will most likely bring more bugs. You know what dtg are like

• Like Like x 3
  29. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

DTG may have said they’d be working over the weekend to investigate, but I’d be really surprised if anything will change before next week. Especially if Sony is supposed to provide a helping hand in making things work, because they are likely not spending a weekend break on supporting TSW. But yeah, how we got to this point is indeed poor.

• Like Like x 1
  30. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

Not only this, but we're in a bit of a limbo as far as answers go.

I said before that this is likely a primary DTG issue which causes a secondary Sony issue. But that is pure guesswork. Judging how this hasn't affected PS5 (at least, not to my knowledge), it's less likely to be something on Sony's end that caused it.

My theory is that the update didn't update the DLCs properly and that the game is working as intended. By working as intended, I mean it is looking for DLCs that have the new UE. But since the DLCs weren't updated properly, they might still be using the old engine. Thus, the game isn't recognising them. All that would be the fault of the update put out by DTG.

Going on from that, the reason we can purchase things again (when usually, that wouldn't be possible) is probably due to what's on the store being classed as different from what we previously bought. Those DLCs would be using the new engine, I expect.

Again, that's just a theory. Only DTG and/or Sony can tell us for sure.

As for when this will be fixed, I can't guess. Perhaps within a week's time.

• Like Like x 2
  31. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

agree with you on most points. Sony only distribute, they do not create. I could be wrong of course :)

• Like Like x 3
  32. railroad#6509

railroad#6509 New Member

Lol I've received 4 50% off emais today from DTG for the add ons I've already purchased and can't use funny but way frustrating at the same time I hope this gets sorted out soon

• Like Like x 4
  33. jurgen.hendrikse

jurgen.hendrikse New Member

Anybody able to play Hamburg-Lübeck route and/or Münich-Augsburg route?
    Because I can’t, the in game PSstore still wants me to buy these add-on routes again.

• Like Like x 2
  34. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

It’s because you have to redownload it from the library that’s what I did for all my DLCs and they all run fine

• Like Like x 1