Boston Sprinter Low Fps (ps4)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DANtheWALLY, Aug 21, 2021.

1. DANtheWALLY

DANtheWALLY Active Member

I've just installed the Boston Sprinter route and unfortunately it's not what I was expecting. The fps on ps4 is terrible. The game looks very good but whenever you look around or move you can see it struggling.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Thats why i didnt buy Rush Hour...If situation improve i Will if not...going to stick with what i have....

• Like Like x 1
  3. DANtheWALLY

Well that's a good idea. Unfortunately I can't access my other dlc due to it not showing up but haven't posted about that as dovetail stated it was a priority to be fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

I Wonder How its like on Xbox one?

5. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Thanks for starting this thread, I was just thinking about doing the same myself. In another thread, Sam said they would be addressing the PS4 issues in the roadmap stream on Tuesday. Obviously fixing the core update breaking the game on PS4 should be DTG's main priority (I was even charged twice for a DLC I already owned), but I think they should address this issue in the stream too.

It's kind of gone under the radar with all the main game issues but the FPS on the new route is atrocious. It's around 15-20 fps along the whole route on a standard PS4 (worst in Boston area) which for me and I think most players would be completely unacceptable. I'm actually considering requesting a refund from Sony for it as it's blatantly not optimised or tested properly. How a tester could play this and sign it off as ready for release blows my mind. Makes me wonder whether DTG were so preoccupied with the PS5 and Series X versions that they completely forgot to test or optimise the route on PS4.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Totally agreed!

• Like Like x 2
  7. DANtheWALLY

Massively agree. It seems to vary around Boston depending on how many trains and passengers are there. The lag and low fps seem to spike for me at high speeds which is a shame. I'm glad dtg have addressed the missing dlc issue but they've definitely ignored last gen generally. The consoles are struggling with all the new features.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LIRRtrak

LIRRtrak Member

Thanks for the heads up. I was really looking forward to the Boston route due to the inclusion of Amtrak, but between the issues with the core update and now seeing reports of how badly Boston runs on PS4, I’m gonna hold off on buying Boston Sprinter until the issues are fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  9. DANtheWALLY

Yeah probably a good idea for now. Its definitely not unplayable but it's not smooth throughout. Busy areas and trains at high speed are the problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Totally agree, how the hell they give the approve to start selling it…what they updating all this time? They are fooling us, cant see something else…

• Like Like x 2
  11. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Hope more people shares their experiances here...this way dtg can see cleary...and people that want to buy but wont this way...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Dont worry and they see everything, they checking all day and all night what we writing, the problem is that they work to low. They planning to make new and new routes but they didnt fixing that thing with the wheels and the drawing distance. About the new passengers…. what can i say?? They are worst hahahah…and moving like robot..i just lost hope my friend…

13. trainsimfan94

trainsimfan94 Member

i agree here. fps is real bad in boston

• Like Like x 4
  14. Conrad

Conrad Member

Simply unplayable.
    Cyberpunk have a better framerate.

• Like Like x 3
  15. manticor225

manticor225 Well-Known Member

Just guessing here, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes more commonplace as new routes are released. As more and more people move to next gen consoles, I doubt they are going to put as much effort into making sure the routes play seamlessly on the older gen. My frame rate for TSW2 is not great on my standard PS4, but it’s playable. I know they said they will still continue to support the older gen, but that doesn’t necessarily mean every route is going to be butter smooth. Thankfully I was able to get a PS5 the other day (though still playing the PS4 version).

• Like Like x 2
  16. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

On 4K mode is about 10fps! Aka unplayable. I switched to HD and its better but my gods... Once again zero testing done?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Well they wasn't preoccupied enough then as the framerate that goes from 30 to 15 on PS4 in the circumstances laid out in the original post, also goes from 60 to 30 on PS5

It tempts me to download the PS4 version again to see what settings its showing in regards to reflections on trains, as starting to wonder if reflecting a hundred odd passengers is causing framerate to take a big hit on all platforms

• Like Like x 2