PlayStation Reverse Engineering Terrible Experience

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Mattty May, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The Reverse Engineering scenario on Boston Sprinter with safety systems turned on is quite frankly an appalling experience and a scenario I don’t think was tested at any point with safety systems turned on.

The scenario took 1h 10m to complete from start to finish. The screenshot below says it all really.

The scenario expects you to go from Boston South Station, around the reversing loop and back into Boston South Station in just 6-minutes, which is an impossibility.

As you can see, it took me 29 minutes to achieve this. Part of the reason is the 5mph speed limit, but a major problem is that ATC/ACSES kept going down to 0mph causing an immediate brake application.

ACSES also remained at 0mph for large parts of the reversing process. So, instead of getting into Boston South at the expected 10:41am time, I arrived at 11:09am.

Oddly, I still earned a gold medal, despite arriving back at Route 128 some 27 minutes late.

I did NOT enjoy this scenario at all.

78AFF95C-ABE5-42CB-9D33-E1FFCC93CB1D.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  2. SiaL8er

SiaL8er Member

6 minutes around the loop? Yeah, that won't happen even with safety systems off..
    At least you still get a gold.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

Noticed this. It's actually visible in my newest YouTube video. The ATC/ACSES was messing with the speed so much, that I ended up turning off the Safety Systems... which ultimately resulted in the failure at the end.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Thank you for this thread, matjamca. I posted a thread about the seemingly random ATC/ACSES restrictions to 0 in the Playstation section and could not find anyone experiencing the same issues. I sincerely hope this‘ll get looked into soon.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Peter jackson

Peter jackson New Member

Just completed the scenario and there’s a que of trains at the final stop which won’t allow me to reach the end of the stop marker but enough to finish the scenario . I don’t assume this is correct. 1F2CE815-30A1-4A46-8AED-2F3A22ECE7B3.png

• Like Like x 3
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Completed this scenario with almost the exact same times. Glad to get a gold on it though....never want to play that again (or do another balloon loop service after I complete the journey)

upload_2021-8-22_13-24-1.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. mandonov

mandonov Active Member

This exact thing happened to me, on Xbox One S. I could see on the map that there were trains stuck waiting at the next 3 signals, with about three or four trains stopped buffer to buffer just south of Route 128.

Still got a gold medal.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SiaL8er

SiaL8er Member

I would say the collection of scenarios on this route in general is pretty underwhelming.
    4 out of 5 require some level of 5mph running, which is fine I guess, but having the times constantly make you think you're gonna fail is frustrating.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

It's rush hour. Not everything arrives on schedule here in the northeast.
    As for ACSES, the second it goes off for a red aspect. Suppression and acknowledge. Quickly. Almost simultaneously

10. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'm just playing through this without the safety systems and, even taking the second half of the loop at six times the speed limit, I'm still pulling into Boston South a good 10 minutes late! :)

Is this really what they do to turn trains round at Boston or just a nonsensical faff brought about by a lack of cab cars in the game?

11. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

+1...

actually, all of the scenarios took me about half an hour longer than what the game says...

12. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

This is the real-life procedure, and IRL, Amtrak trains that run this far north don't run Cab Cars. It's just the timetable that is inaccurate, causing the player to almost always be late.

• Like Like x 2