Ps4 Patch V1.43 Information / Update:

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TheKillEffect, Aug 20, 2021.

1. TheKillEffect

TheKillEffect Member

This patch is now live (1.43). If you were experiencing any issues with crashing, we recommend you download this patch at your earliest convenience.
    If you are still experiencing issues with being unable to see your Add-ons within the PlayStation Store, or once downloaded them not appearing in game, we've seen some players have success with the following steps, recommended by Sony.
    1) Uninstalling your game and any Add-ons,
    2) Restart your console,
    3) Reinstall TSW2, which should contain patch 1.43,
    4) Download any Add-ons you have available within the Store,

(This method didn’t work for me, if it didn’t work for you, your not the only one.)

They will continue to work with Sony to try to find a solution over the coming days for those unable to see Add-ons in their Store, or downloaded Add-ons not appearing in-game.

If any of your DLC that you own has a price tag on it. Do not re-buy! You’ll have to wait for a fix or patch update (like me)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Do you have any info when the patch for the dlc glitch will come out?

3. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

They have said it's on going

4. moofeen#2182

Ik that so what like 2-3 days would be reasonable for release if longer than that I will be disappointed

• Like Like x 1
  5. severino#7139

severino#7139 Member

...and that's the reason why they keep mantaining silence except for "we are currently working on the issue".

6. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Like Hell am I uninstalling it, I do not want to lose what I have so far achieved all because of an issue that DTG have made of their own untested (so it would seem) making! Sony is Sony and DTG should know what is going on if they fully communicated both ways and tested. Did anyone at DTG test at their own homes with their own PS4 or PS5. Did everything work for them first time? Unanswered questions. The only way I am uninstalling TSW is if I am going to delete it and never pay DTG for anything ever again. As I have said else where, if is see the DTG stand at show I will certainly be voicing to stay away to any punters. The problem will always be though, the people at the shows are not top management that I know of. Just people paid to get your money.

Its a nice program "When" it works. When the DLC are not bugged and we the paying customer end up as unpaid testers it would seem.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I have uninstalled/deleted mine half a dozen times trying different ideas and I have not lost any of my progress. Back your save data up to be on the safe side but all fine with me so far.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. moofeen#2182

There’s no point uninstalling it because it’s not gonna work until dtg find I legit fix and not telling everyone to delete and install it again

9. Lenwigg

Not all of it I know. I have six out of thirty odd that I can play. But at least it is giving me a chance to see what it is like. So to me that is better than nothing for now.

• Like Like x 2
  10. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

You won’t permanently lose anything you delete. It can all be reinstalled.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TrickyRicky_SD-40

TrickyRicky_SD-40 New Member

But like how? I’ve never used PlayStation before this game, I have no idea what I’m doing. How do you back it up, how do you re-install and where do you go to reinstall? None of this information is being shared… huff frustrated

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lenwigg

If you have playstation plus then with a bit of luck it is backed up. I have it but I backed it up anyway. You can do this by going into your settings on the playstation and scroll down down to Application saved Data Management, click in it, then click on Saved in System Storage. Then you get the option to copy to online storage or USB device. I copied to USB. I copied to a USB stick.

Now as I said if you have PS plus, and maybe even if you don't, as I am not sure how these things work, when you load your game all or most of progress will be on the playstation for you. But if it is not you can do the reverse by copying it back from the USB stick into your system storage.

To delete the game, sorry if you already know, hover over the game icon, press options on controller and delete should be in the list.

13. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

Day 3 still none of this so called fix works.

• Like Like x 4
  14. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

What I mean is my progress and goals, everything i have already done.

15. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

The 1.43 patch was to stop users who were experiencing crashes on their machines.

The issue with add-ons missing or not working is still being investigated.

Please follow these instructions to uninstall/reinstall your game on Playstation.

First, you will need to delete your game before it can be reinstalled. Select the game on the PS4 menu and press the options button and then select Delete
    From the home screen, go to [Library] and select the "Purchased" folder.
    Select the game you want to download. Select "Download" on the content screen.
    You can check the progress of your downloads in [Notifications] & Downloads

How to Re-download Add ons
    :

Sign in to your account on PlayStation™Network under which you purchased the content.
    From the Home screen on PS4™, go to [Library], [Purchased] and click on the game title you purchased the add-on for.
    Select [PlayStation™Store], then [Your Add-Ons] in the Add-Ons section on the right.
    You should see the add-on you’re looking for on the list of your add-ons. If you don't see "Installed" next to the title of the add-on, click on the add-on to download it.

Please see here for out most recent advice regarding which add-ons you might have success with while this issue persists.

Please also stay up to date with our most recent information here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/player-reports.43678/

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

"None of this so called fix works" -well it was for me last night, I managed to download at least 12 of my 16 dlc's

(Edit - I didn't play test all 12 can't say they all work!)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Do they work?

18. marcsharp2

"Still being investigated", In other words we won't be getting an update by the time Q&A starts tomorrow. Is there anyway us PS4 users can get a refund or a discount?

• Like Like x 3
  19. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Hold on a second: "Still being investigated" doesn't mean it we don't get an update by the time Q&A starts. "Still being investigated" doesn't mean it take three years to fix, it means they are investigating it, and how faster the investigation happen, how faster the update gets released. And second; no.

• Like Like x 1
  20. marcsharp2

Since last Tuesday we were told that the update was delayed to Thursday to ensure a smoother transition, If it had gone out on Tuesday as planned we may very well have been able to play our game we have paid for by now, Since Thursday we've been told that an update to restore the DLC's would be released within 24 hours, That it's all Sony's fault, we have then been told many times to uninstall and reinstall the game despite it not working, We've then been told it'll be fixed long before the livestream on Monday, Now we are being told its still under investigation. So yeah I've no confidence at all in any fix being in place by tomorrow evening, and considering myself and many others affected have spent hundreds of pounds on this game that we can no longer play to it's full capacity I don't think it's inappropriate to ask for a refund or discount.

• Like Like x 3
  21. DTG Natster

Being investigated, looking into it, working on it, trying to find a fix - However we word it, it all means the same thing, we are trying to get you back playing as quickly as we can.

Our team and Sony have been working together throughout the weekend to resolve this, but I can't offer you an exact timeframe right now. When we have a fix we are certain will work, and a timeframe we are confident we will meet, we will update you.

As for requesting refunds, if this is something you believe you really want - It will need to be requested through Playstation Support. (I am unable to guarantee they will give you one)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  22. marcsharp2

I've got a game that's broken through no fault of my own, so yes I believe a refund is warranted. Thank you I'll get that sorted.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  23. underwaterdick

Good question, in answer, I didn't actually test them all so I can't say they all worked!
    Just that they downloaded and installed I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Lenwigg

I can download and install all my add on's, but only six show up in the game to play.

25. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I don’t think I have seen a post on here from anyone that has managed to get any of the additional paid DLC to work. Just the core routes for whichever version of the game you have so yes I also have 6 routes working and no matter what I do no others show up even though they show as installed in the library on the PS4.

• Like Like x 1
  26. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Only the DLCs including the collector's edition works.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  27. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

Just want to say that you popping in on your weekend to offer what updates and input you can is appreciated, thank you.

• Like Like x 6
  28. stephen220378

stephen220378 Active Member

Same, all that happens is that you get the message when you load up the game to restart and update the DLC.

DTG should stop telling people to uninstall and reinstall, it's not a fix and does not work. It's just wasting peoples time.

• Like Like x 3
  29. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Thanks Nat

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  30. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

i totally agree, after 4 reinstalls i stopped at the delete bit and for me will remain deleted, i don't think it will be fixed anytime soon.

31. underwaterdick

That explains why the DLC I initially tested worked, because it might have been collectors edition content.
    I had a different version previously so assumed the DLC had worked.

• Like Like x 1
  32. DANtheWALLY

DANtheWALLY Active Member

Exactly they know we need a physical update out to fix it but where will the sorry be. Parts of the game are literally unplayable and that's what you've paid for. I respect dtg but this is a major problem.

• Like Like x 2
  33. stephen220378

The only one that works for me out of the DLC I have is East Coastway and I believe through reading other posts that Peninsula Corridor and Rhein Ruhr also work as those 3 are part of the collectors edition.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. stephen220378

They're making things worse by telling people to do something that doesn't work. What they need to do is just tell people there's no point and tell them the 3 DLC routes that do work. This uninstall/reinstall nonsense is just irritating people even more.

• Like Like x 2
  35. Sheldon1000

Sheldon1000 Well-Known Member

Well it has been a monumental screw up. Really poor show by DTG. The PS4 issues are bad enough but the poor communication is worse.

• Like Like x 4
  36. Mctrain face

Mctrain face Active Member

To uninstall your entire game is not at all a fix, nor even a reasonable request to get a game to work. Plus according to most reports it doesn't fix your game anyway.

So far Sam from DTG is the only one who has come out and said what we all think, that it's well below what we expect from DTG. So he has gained alot of respect from me for what he said.

We are allowed to be very frustrated with what's happened and angry, with DTG for this mess.

The communication from DTG natster seems rather poor. Its like we shouldn't be angry with the lake of news.

"Being investigated, looking into it, working on it, trying to find a fix - However we word it, it all means the same thing, we are trying to get you back playing as quickly as we can."

Not even an acknowledgement of your difficulties or frustration. Just a condescending attitude.

It's goes from bad to worse.

• Like Like x 4
  37. DTG Natster

I do understand why you are frustrated, this is an incredibly frustrating situation for you all to be in. I am trying to help you where I can.

For many users the base game and Boston Sprinter seem to be working on PS4. And the instructions posted above were for the members of the community who were unsure how to install/uninstall.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Mctrain face

Mctrain face Active Member

DTG Natster

Would it not be a good idea to do a special live stream tomorrow night?

We could find out what's being done?
    Where it has gone wrong?
    How long we have to wait for it to be fixed?
    And answer the other questions the community might have?

Then maybe the forums will calm down
    Not so many people would feel so frustrated.

• Like Like x 6
  39. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I appreciate your trying to do your best and this is a difficult situation for us all to be in but you seriously need to stop advising PS4 players to try to find a cure / temporary cure by telling them to uninstall TSW2 and it’s add ons and reinstalling them again. Whilst some have had moderate success others are reporting it’s a waste of time and bandwidth. There is also still the strong possibility players might accidentally get charged again even though the dlc’s that players have purchased might say free ( They should surely say purchased? ) also there is a strong possibility players might actually lose hours of progress. In short this advice is a token shot on the dark from DTG at best.

This problem is only going to be properly solved when whoever ( Sony, DTG ) manage to release a properly working automatic paid for dlc update that updates purchased dlc’s automatically when we switch our PS4’s on in the same way the core update did which caused this mess.

Nothing less will do especially as the game is still basically broken so to advise players to uninstall and everything else is pretty poor advice imo. Just be honest and keep telling players they are just going to have to wait until an automatically dlc fix update is made available if possible.

If one isn’t forthcoming then full refunds from whoever is responsible must be considered. It’s the honourable thing to do as well as possibly the legal thing to do.

Good luck in your continuing quest to find what went wrong though because it’s in all our interests that you do.

• Like Like x 7
  40. PHJ-MGF

Exactly the same here.

41. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Now I reinstall everything. No result. Only a few DLCs work. In the PS store, I have a price for all DLCs released with TSW2, as if I had never bought them. I will not buy rush hour traffic at this time. This is my summary for today.

• Like Like x 2
  42. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

Oh Dear, whilst limited to the 6 core routes of my Collectors edition on the PS4 thought I would have a look at Sand Patch Grade and whilst clicking through the available cameras, as the game switched to the loading screen as it does between views on that route it crashed to a blue screen, not had that before.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Cripes! that’s not good.

Sounds like the patch they released to stop the base game crashing the other night hasn’t been entirely successful. I’ve never played Sand Patch grade.

This doesn’t fill me with confidence that the update for paid for dlc’s whenever it appears will be 100% successful either.

Oh dear indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  44. Conrad

Conrad Member

I'm developer and I know the great problem of the fu*kin code world. You have all my comprehension.
    But Dovetail has a weekley comunication with the community. Because the community is its life. You use the YT channel also for promote his products. And this is great!
    So you MUST GO to YT channel and talk about the problem. This not solve problem, but help the community!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  45. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

i suspect they have all disapeared because they are ashamed, and rightly so in my opinion, to remove already paid for content has no excuse and to release a update that breaks the game is pure incompetence.

46. PHJ-MGF

Well it seems it's all Sony's problem according to DTG, when they responded about the question of discounts or compensation for those affected they basically said not our problem ask Sony for your refund, I think that says it all about DTG, such a pity that a really good idea is being run by a bunch of pretentious arseholes it seems.

47. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

to be honest sir/madam phj-mgf, i couldn't care less and am of the opinion it's irrelevant 'who's fault it is' , it should not have even been possible to remove paid for content without consent, and this is the root of the contempt for the player base,

• Like Like x 1
  48. PHJ-MGF

I agree totally. I'd like to see them actually be honest and open about it though and stop treating us all like a bunch of morons.

• Like Like x 1
  49. andyt741

andyt741 Guest

i think they are trying and don't think us as morons(more like cash cows), but i think they could be so much better if it wasn't all about $$$$ and rushing stuff without a proper test, fundamentally the game is good but there is no escaping they removed payed for content.

• Like Like x 1
  50. computer.wizdj3

computer.wizdj3 Member

if i reinstall the game it will take days to download cause i have slow internet
    i have Hughes net satellite internet and trust me it takes a while for information to get back to me for me to even download something

• Like Like x 1