The New Br 146 Is... Awesome!!!!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Nei4024, Aug 20, 2021.

Tags:
?
  1. me!!

25 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. me too!!

19 vote(s)
    43.2%
  1. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

I find the sounds still not incredible why not start again at Zero the sounds for all traxx ?

2. Ferrovipathe67

I hope that the 187 will have good sounds

3. Ferrovipathe67

the 185.2 has exactly the same sounds this a video with a traxx F140 AC2 or BR 185,2 with eurofima Sncb Nmbs

4. Ferrovipathe67

or this video

5. Ferrovipathe67

Maik Goltz what is your idea,after all what i shared

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  6. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

At least we are talking only about the 185 yet and a start from zero was not in discussion at all. I had basically 2 days to make something. For a whole new sound experience i would need 2-3 weeks for a loco. So, way out of the possibilities, sorry.
    No idea at all, see above :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ferrovipathe67

in addition 27 min of pleasure listening to a traxx F160 AC2 with doppelstockwagen

8. Ferrovipathe67

but why not change the sound at 60 kilometers and meters rather a sound similar to the 101 with details personally I never play with the traxx and because of the sounds it lacks a sound between 5 and 8 kilometers per hour

9. Ferrovipathe67

10. Maik Goltz

I have made a change. Can you please put an ear onto the two files in the zip please and tell me if this would be better. "Idle_2" is the old one, "Idle_3" the changed one. Also put an image from the audio editor to it to vis the way how (simple filtering with a param EQ).

Attached Files:

• 185.zip
      File size:
      3 MB
      Views:
  11. Ferrovipathe67

12. Ferrovipathe67

Maik Goltz because I suggest you record the sounds for the Bombardier traxx F 160 AC2

13. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I think that changed one is nicer. I should add to my comment above, I had no problem with it being there if it's there in real life, however I found it 'distracting and annoying' simply by how loud and overpowering it was.

14. Ferrovipathe67

Maik Goltz because there are always problems and try to take more time to make a realization or if not you modify the sounds because it is not your fault but the sounds of the traxx are broken and precisely that is why I propose to you meters the same sounds of the 101 above 60 kilometers per hour for the traxx,there are lots of videos on youtube,try to modify the sounds for and watch all the videos I sent to you thank you for taking the time to answer me

15. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Alright I have compared both files and I must say the newer idle_3 file is way more pleasant to listen to, at least for me!
    I have also put both files in the visualizer that I used yesterday and you can definitely see the change there as well:
    IMG_20210822_114544.jpg
    On the left is the old one, on the right the new one. Not like I actually know how any of this works, but all the "orange" bits are gone in the revised recording and that seems to have done the trick for me.

Regardless of if that/any change will actually make it into the game, thank you alot Maik for looking into this and even taking the time to do so late at night!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. rpeterbroughlowe

rpeterbroughlowe Active Member

Here's one for you all to test and spoil your immersion.

Go to a gradient. Stop. lower the pantograph, take breaks off. All of a sudden the you can still hear the IGBT's even though there is no power being delivered to them. Magic.

Sorry!

17. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Idle 3 sounds much more, like i think it should sound :)

18. matinakbary

Cool thanks

• Like Like x 1
  19. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

So I'd like to throw in a bit of feedback as well.

146 - well... it definitely improved a bit, but after a year of waiting for one of the most anticipated fixed to PresCol it's basically just "well the wheezing is quieter", makes me a bit worried that this will be the sound of the BRD one. If not and BRD gets new (good) sounds completely, immediately take them and put them on this one, please.
    (side note - the AFB used to be "step-like", hasn't it? Now it has a smooth movement, no sound, but still sets 5 km/h increments)

As for the 185.5 - well that definitely is the best sounding TRAXX now. There's a lot more to the running sounds from outside and inside. But I have to say the buzzing sound inside gets annoying pretty quickly (the idle_3 file sounds a whole lot better, but maybe a little bit more suppression on the buzzing would help). Also, a PZB Zwangsbremsung killed the buzzing, so that might be something to look into.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

To be fair in regards to the 146, it was said early on that there won't be new sounds, but they would look into the mixing. I did not expect much more than what we got now and at least it is absolutely playable now from what I can tell. In the next step, over time they might be able to improve upon it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Maik Goltz

Again, as already said somewhere, my fingers were only on the RRO MRCE 185.5, RSN 143, the upcoming Dresden 185.2, 146.2 (accidentally made the 146, it was not on my plan) and the 143. Nothing else got it. The MSB or whatever 146 only gotz some minor fixes in mixing from the preserved crew. I believe they have tried to port my changes to the other locos, but to be honest, if they not made it, the can't port the changes because there is to much to know. That is how things are going. I can't do anything against it. I offered to make the changes, but you know, it is about costs, thats the brutal truth today in the business.

• Like Like x 14
  22. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Thanks for clearing that up, Maik. I must admit I was confused as to changes on the 146 or even 185 because to me they pretty much sounded the same.

I have then tried the 185.5 and I could notice a very nice sound improvement. I'd say indeed the "humming" is quite loud, could do with some volume reducing. I managed to somehow break the traction sounds and I'm not sure if I did that while playing around with the pantographs ( I selected 1+2 and then lift the pantographs, then changed back to 1 and "lifted" the pantographs again so it would reset to only one pantograph ) or look out of the window in "shunt mode".

As for the 143 I have to thank you for the improvement. Finally I can actually enjoy driving it. :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Can we take from that that the Dresden-Riesa 146 will sound different to the MSB 146? Because the MSB one just got some tweaks from the preservation crew, whereas you worked actively on the one for Dresden-Riesa? And same goes for the 143 between RSN and Dresden-Riesa?

24. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

For some reason I can't get the afb active anymore? When i enter lzb mode, i have 0 indications on screen and afb doesn't respond

Edit :forgot to mention i tested 146 on cologne - Aachen. LZB does nothing besides removing pzb indications. No brake curve, no sounds, nothing, am i missing something besides turning on the lzb breaker? Afb is dead in both lzb and pzb sections

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Maik Goltz

The DRA 146 got basically the same attention as the MRCE 185.5 and the DRA DB185.2. With some minor differences in the cab (no hurting humming sound in there). Otherwise it sounds the same. The DRA 143 is the same as the 143 on RSN, both got the changes (actually the DRA 143 was first, back-ported to RSN 143).

• Like Like x 6
  26. Task

Task Well-Known Member

Isn't it the DRA 185.5? Also doesn't the 143 get a destination display?

27. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

So the Dresden 146 loco will be 146.0 or 146.2? From this, it sounds a bit like 146.2 with 146.0 sounds. AFAIK they should sound a lot different to each other.

28. Maik Goltz

Who said this. No! It is a 146.2 with the 146.2 sound.

Please guys, don't ask me holes in the belly. I will not answer any further questions. I told already too much.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  29. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Apologies, I just assumed from how you said you "accidentally made the 146".

30. matinakbary

Thanks for all of your work. The community values your work! You make a big difference in TSW 2!

• Like Like x 7
  31. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Well the 143 and 185 sound excellent now. Only if the same level of quality audio could be put in 146 and MSB 185 it would be fantastic.

32. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

Good news to read all this stuff... i ll drive the 143 on RSN and the 146 on MSB tonight so...

33. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

Idle_3 is much much better! Idle_2 is painful to my ears, Idle_3 is not. Big difference. There really must be something about frequencies / different people :)

34. Hazawa

Hazawa Member

That is kinda normal in a couple of trains, in some cases it is based which cabin you're in. /signed RL Driver.

• Like Like x 1
  35. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

And it was too loud for me compared to other locomotives like BR 101. As there are quite some people having the same issue I don't think it's right now.

36. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Maybe it is more pleasant to listen to (I kind of disagree) but I don't think it is more realistic. It's too "clean". Compare with this recording:

Of course it's quite subjective.

EDIT: Actually when I listen to the two options again I'm not so sure anymore. It's hard to say what's best (for me). Also, it's important to note that most youtube videos don't capture the full sound so they may even underestimate certain noise modes.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  37. MatsH

MatsH Active Member

The BR 146 sounds a lot better than before, but I'm hoping for it to be a bit better still. I miss the sounds in the cab when going over points/switches. I think the sounds are there, but they are very, very faint.

Another sound that's missing for me in the BR 146 is the Traction Motor Fan, which I believe is a very important sound for the overall experience. However, I have found that switching the Main Circuit Breaker off and then on again brings the fans back to life. Might be worth a try.

The BR 185.5 always was the best sounding TRAXX-loco, and now it sounds even better!

The BR 143 sounds amazing after the update, and that is what I will be driving from now on. Unfortunately there is a small bug with the Sifa-sound now, where it will start to play, cut out, and then start over again. Hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Anyway, a big THANK YOU to everyone who is working on making these sounds even better!
    For me personally, sounds are the most important part of the game.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. nailomar44

nailomar44 Member

Is the DB BR 146.2 is only in tsw 1?

39. AhhCaffeine

AhhCaffeine Member

It's in TSW2 on the Main Spessart Bahn DLC as well will it be included in the upcoming Riesa Dresden route.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. nailomar44

nailomar44 Member

Oh well, I have bought the rush hour season ticket so I am gonna get it?

41. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

Yes.

42. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

You'll get Dresden when it releases (my guess is 9th September) and London-Brighton when it releases. You won't get MSB though.

43. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

Thankyou for making the 185.5 and 143 sound great again! I have been waiting long for the 146 to also get proper sound fix. Sad to know you are able to do it, but they wont pay you:(

• Like Like x 1
  44. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

I am finally back home today, I was looking forward to play with he 146 and let me tell you, I'm pissed! They broke the AFB, it cannot be activated anymore while driving. You have to stop in order to activate it. It is still working ok on the 185.
    Ah FFS!

• Like Like x 2
  45. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Jup.. They broke the afb for lzb that doesn't even work properly either, oh dtg...

• Like Like x 2
  46. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Hello fabristunt are those moving trains from the screen saver MM or somewhere else? The appear in your message. Not sure how I can private message you on here.

47. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

48. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

So I noticed that in game, I have two different versions of the MRCE BR 185.5. The first selection appears in the service mode loco selection with quite dim headlights and a quiet sound, the second instance has brighter headlights and is much louder.
    Option 1: has the 'loco brake hold <10kN' function as introduced on Riesa - Dresden; has wheel slip
    Option 2: no loco brake hold < 10kN; no wheel slip

Questions:
    1) is it normal to have two instances of this locomotive? If yes, where does the second one come from?
    2) do both have the improved audio? I think the 'quieter' one is nice on my ears, but not sure
    3) when driving a petroleum train from Hagen to Wuppertal on RRO, is it normal that I cannot get to even 60kmh on the 1% climb out of Hagen?

49. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

1) At present it is; DTG introduces new versions of locos which are not the same as the original one, so they exist side by side. The original 185.5 comes from RRO.
    2) The RRO (Option 2) 185.5 MRCE dates from the TSW2020 days. The audio on all the older TRAXX locos has been remixed and improved some, but they are not done up from scratch like the new DRA 185 (the 'quieter' one)
    3) Yes. Heavy trains + grades = slow speed- try some Sand Patch!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  50. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation. I understand that heavy trains go slow on grades, but not even being able to surpass 60kmh seems strange to me. I've watched quite a few cab rides on YouTube, many of those were freight runs, and I've never encountered one where the driver had actual trouble reaching line speed. Then again, the grades in RRO appear busted anyway, changing suddenly from flat to a 2,2% downhill seems unrealistic to me.