Next Transit Routes In America Or Canada

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by porawit, Aug 22, 2021.

1. porawit

porawit Member

Next transit routes in America or Canada What will be your next route, which is the route?

2. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

With the current production time and intensity, DTG is more inclined to produce passenger dedicated lines. The freight lines in the United States and Canada far exceed the production mileage. Most players still prefer passenger transportation. At present, the difficulty and time of TSW2 production can only produce branch freight routes, such as SKYGAME's "Kane River". Of course, I hope they can incorporate the production of the Soldier Summit route into the plan in the next plan.

3. porawit

porawit Member

canada passenger train

Attached Files:

4. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

Canadian routes have been sold, but there are no passenger trains. I hope DTG will expand Oakville to Toronto.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dcnine#5410

dcnine#5410 Well-Known Member

I personally think that something like Lakeshore Lines: Oshawa-Oakville would be interesting for a Toronto-area passenger route. It’s a doable length for DTG, and it really fits in to the “rush hour” theme if they do a pre-covid timetable. (15 minute all day service, extra trains, including expresses, at rush hour, very busy station, especially at rush hour, at Toronto Union, the busiest station in the Americas outside of New York) Plus of course the opportunity for Adam’s team to put GO layers on OSD, as well as a merger opportunity if that route is pursued in the future. I might make a suggestion for this route actually, because I think it could be really fun.

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Without turning this into a wishlist… something from the New York Subway would be good, or failing that maybe go out west and do one or more of the Muni lines in San Francisco, San Diego Trolley or maybe Metrolink in LA.

7. w2sjw

w2sjw Active Member

As a life-long NJ resident, I want to see them do an NJT line. Preferably the Morristown line, where the western end is un-electrified & the ALP-45DP's switch power at Dover to overhead. It wouldn't take much work to re-engineer the DB engines into the ones used here, as they are all made by Bombardier/Alstom.