Acses Slowing Approach Into Providence

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Rich_84, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

So I've seen others mention that the ATC in the F40 slows them down on the approach into Providence & other say they have no trouble at all, I'm not sure if it's a bug but I managed to record it happening.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Well, you seem to be lucky, I get slowed down to 30 way earlier, about 4 miles outside of Providence with the ACS-64 :D
    To me it seems like this comes from the signalling cascade into the red one behind Providence, and since the distance between signals is quite large, the slow down happens very early. Not sure if that is prototypical. If it is, it would be nice if the signal at Providence wasn't red, so that we get a "normal" approach into the station.

3. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

That's bizarre. First of all, you're getting a Restricting signal at Pawtucket interlocking at 1:55. Passing it is incorrectly setting the ADU to Approach Medium 45...but you shouldn't be getting Restricting there anyway.

And then at the block point before Orms, you're getting dropped to Approach Medium 30...which is just plain wrong since the next signal is Approach.

Thanks for recording this. Will certainly help with fixing it. The signal progression is all messed up.

By the way, this is a bug with the signals and ATC. ACSES isn't involved here.

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

I wasn't sure which system is which & what each one does, a guide would be handy.

5. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Yeah I plan to start making one once I finish the catenary upgrades to the route. Currently at Lawn interlocking (which is where your video starts coincidentally).

• Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

There's a similar problem going into Stoughton as well.

7. So, are you going to make a manual based on the current, broken signalling system, or will the manual be about how the signalling is supposed to work?

8. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Careful!
    Brandon doesn't have to do anything. It would be a favor to the community.

• Like Like x 4
  9. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Supposed to work

• Like Like x 2
  10. LWDAdnane

LWDAdnane Well-Known Member

I have a feeling this was a genuine question, I don't think he meant harm. Didn't seem sarcastic to me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. It wasn't sarcastic at all, in fact I think most of us, including cActUsjUiCe knows that the signalling system isn't working as intended.

Hopefully DTG will fix the system so that the manual can actually be used on the route.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I don't think there are any massive issues with ATC/ACSES. I think just some minor tweaks are needed in certain areas.

• Like Like x 2
  13. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

You'd be right. Mostly just a bunch of minor tweaks and fixes.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

From what I can tell it mostly works as it should, also going slightly off topic do you know anything about how the trains are dispatched ie. are the doors closed by the driver or conductor, if it's done by a conductor then is there a bell or buzzer in the cab letting the driver know it's safe to depart?
    Tia

15. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

At Canton Central the barriers are down as you enter the station then raise up whilst loading passengers but stay up as you go over the railroad crossing. (This is on the way to Stoughton)

16. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Then I owe you an apology. I thought I detected a tone that you didn't intend.
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

In real life? Doors are closed by the conductor. Driver has no control of that. From what I've seen, they'll usually say over the radio that the train is good to go.

18. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

So would the issues with AI trains all getting stuck behind each other for multiple hours at a time not be signal-related then? I filmed a video last night and got it all on camera so I will share in here sometime today. 7 consists all stuck together and didn't move at all. Thankfully they weren't in my way so I wasn't blocked, but by the end of my service, I checked, and they were all still stuck. But I am also having signal issues into Providence as well.

19. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

Sorry I should have it made clear, yes I was referring to real life operations.

20. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

They're likely signal-related but it could be the dispatcher getting hung up during timetable simulation.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

ahh okay. I just really hope DTG is aware of this issue as It keeps happening to me and I've only seen like 3 or 4 other people talking about it. :/

22. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

They're aware and far more than 3-4 people have talked about it. Maybe not to the extent of there being 7 consists backed up like that...

• Helpful Helpful x 2