Tsw2 Core Update & Boston Sprinter First Thoughts (ps4)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by oliver.biggs2, Aug 22, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. oliver.biggs2

oliver.biggs2 New Member

Hi all,
    As we all know core update not gone so well on PS4. My situation is:

I can play SPG, Cologne - Aachen & Bakerloo. DLC wise, most of it does not show up in the menu in game even though I have followed the steps that DTG have provided. This is irritating because I was looking forward to the updates/changes they had made to the preserved collection. However, this does not warrant free DLC etc. that some people are on about, and people apparently 'quitting' TSW 2 now. Its a pretty big issue however, DTG have just released the Boston Sprinter which does work on my PS4.

So far I think its a great route, I'm running on the bog standard PS4 that I bought in 2015/16 and while there is a bit of lag in Boston at rush hour the rest of the route is awesome. The amount of AI traffic is great in Boston, it really brings the place alive as well as the increased passengers!

Only problem I seem to have ran into is when driving the Amtrak and using the safety systems, I was on red signals for a long time from Providence to Boston which lead to my ATS/ACSES slowing me to 30 & 20 MPH for a long time. Furthermore, when there was a drastic speed change I had no time to slow down before it slammed the brakes on to a stop. Not sure if this is my doing or a bug in the game however, it resulted in my journey time from Providence to Boston being 55 minutes long when really it should have been 40 minutes long.

Any how, very impressed with the Boston sprinter and can't wait for this update to arrive which will fix the preserved collection. If all DLC is like the Boston Sprinter in the future, DTG is going in the right direction.

What does everyone else think about the Boston Sprinter route?

2. DANtheWALLY

DANtheWALLY Active Member

I love the route and all the new features but it's slightly set back by performance issues and well alot of in game issues. Like passengers glitching and so on. Unfortunately the list is too long. I'd say its worth buying if you're desperate to play it as its not unplayable but otherwise hold off for now.

3. oliver.biggs2

oliver.biggs2 New Member

Performance is the biggest issue on a PS4, baring in mind I'm not running this on PS4 Pro or anything like that, I don't think its as bad as some people make out. However, watching this on a PS5 really makes me want to get one, looks so smooth, all the routes do lol.