Immersion Controls ?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by niko558, Aug 22, 2021.

1. niko558

niko558 Member

On the forum I’ve been reading about immersion or immersion controls, I was just wondering what this is all about and how to access it ??;);)..

2. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

You and me both ;)

I think the idea is you press a button ( Square I think ) and it opens up like a sub menu on your PS controller so certain buttons can have another functions like being able to operate a two tone horn direct from it l rather than looking about the cab in game for it. As an example

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It's just a different control scheme introduced with TSW2 where more things are accessible with single clicks. You can switch between them in the Settings, but some content - tutorials and scenarios - tries to default to one or the other depending on whether it's new or preserved content.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

It was introduced when TSW2 was released and you could choose to use it or classic control, the control scheme that was with TSW2020. Don't think you can choose now but I think what most of the talk about it now is the new features that have been added, referred to as the shift option. This give an extra option to some of the keys. For instance, old immersion press in L3 for the horn. Now press shift L3, the square button in this case of shift and you get a different tone horn. So you can now do the two tone horn from your controller, press L3 then square L3.

Camera views is another this time the shift key is the R3. Before R3 would just put you in or out the train. Now press in R3 and right and left on D pad cycles you through different camera views. I think it is press and hold shift/ R3 and left D pad to cycle through inside cab views and press and hold R3 and right on the D pad cycles outside views. But could be the other way around as I am still trying to get use to it.

There are others that can be found by looking at the controller in one of the tabs that comes up on the top of the screen when you press options.

I hope I have given the correct info, if not sorry.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  5. severino#7139

severino#7139 Member

i can tell you, i started using "immersion" controls, but after trying the classic ones i just prefer using the latter. To me they're more complete and realistic, also a little bit complicated and slow to use that the immersion one. But you get used to them in no time.

6. Peter jackson

Peter jackson New Member

Immersion does not let you move the camera left or right to look around only up and down at least that’s how it is on console maybe I’m missing something but I don’t like the static camera's

7. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

You should be able to look around in all directions. Where are you trying to use it?

8. Peter jackson

Peter jackson New Member

so the problem was that I use classic controls and when I started a scenario it put me into immersion automatically although it kept some of my classic controls on. Basically I could do some classic functions and some immersion functions at the same time which also wouldn’t let me move the cameras outside. To fix it I have to start with immersion controls before I launch a scenario that way all the cameras and functions work correctly . Typical tsw lol

9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

If you're in classic controls, press Triangle to switch to camera mode.

10. niko558

niko558 Member

So when I press the left stick it brings up a menu that’s classic and I toggle V from driver to camera mode, and if it brings up the roaming camera that’s immersion ;);)