Engine Rooms / Machine Rooms In Electric Locomotives

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Blije Computer, Aug 23, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, i support this

2. No, i do not think this is necessary

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Blije Computer

Blije Computer Member

Most electric locomotives in TSW2 only have cab interior and no machine rooms, there are a few exceptions like the ES64U2/Taurus and ACS-64 but unfortunately the machine room in the ES64U2 is only cabinets and nothing else, which is not even close to accurate compared to the real-life version:
    ES64U2.png

I can't really say anything about the ACS-64 engine room because i do not know what it looks like but i don't think that it is very accurate either

But every other electric locomotive has no machine room, and i think that it should be kind of made a "standard thing" to add because it not only allows you to switch cabs easier, but in locomotives like the BR185.2/5 and 146.2 some important controls such as the battery switch are located in the machine room (yellow handle on the left, the current battery button is actually the machine room light switch)
    Db-185093-03.jpg

It's relatively easy to find photos, videos and diagrams of machine rooms online, so i don't think it should be too hard to add them to new locomotives

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. First capital connect

First capital connect Well-Known Member

I think if they was too let you go into machine rooms you would be very limited to what you can do in there
    In terms of pressing buttons and using stuff

3. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Would be nice, but probably means a LOT of more development time. Some locos have a machine room because it's inevitable: For example you can only change the PZB mode in the BR 155 if you can access the machine room. The more modern TRAXX locos don't necessarily need a machine room, imo. Because this will take weeks, probably months to model the machine room of a BR 232 for expample, so that means the time must be saved anywhere else. Means: Shorter routes, less new locos.

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Really excellent idea and this will show us the proper cold start procedure of DB BR185.2 Rallion paint DB BR146.2 that means going inside the engine room to Prime the battery