[suggestion Removed]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Commiee, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

[suggestion removed]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 13
  2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Great suggestion, my man. The route looks really nice. And just as I've said at your other route suggestion, the rolling stock is really pretty as well. Not the usual boxy commuter EMUs, they look more rounded at the edges and a bit more "elegant", I suppose?

And from the cab ride video I've found the stop markers at station platforms really interesting. The correct one flashes and indicates where the train should stop, instead of just being the usualy small white squares they usually have at stations.

Would be a route with a nice feel, that's for sure!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Commiee

Thank you, I really appreciate the attention you give to Japanese route threads across this forum section. I also like the rolling stock for this one, especially as it also has freight locos.

4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Japanese commuter route? Yes please!

• Like Like x 3
  5. fabdiva

fabdiva Well-Known Member

Given the number who demand a 313 in the streams this should be popular!

From the cab ride this looks pretty interesting, and JR Central seems to have a pretty standardised fleet without line liveries so that gives a lot more AI potential

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dinosbacsi

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Japanese railways, so I'm happy to see any suggestion regarding Japan. And it's nice to see they seem to be gaining popularity around here, as I think I see more and more japanese suggestion threads. Hopefully not too long until we see one happen.

And that's also true. Especially after the recent suggestion for a japanese freight route, I bet this would be a good candidate for a mixed passenger/freight route.

• Like Like x 3
  7. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

313 is considered by many as one of the best modern EMU in Japan. Its performance is nice and the interior (like the seats) is much better than the old JNR trains. Also 313 is used on all electrified JR Central lines - all the way from Kameyama in Mie to Kozu in Kanagawa and Shiojiri in Nagano. That's a large area.

On the other hand the unelectrified lines are served by a lot of Kiha 25 DMU - which is pretty similar to the 313 EMU and sharing a so-called "Standard JR Central design". Personally I don't like their exterior that much, but the interior is quite new and comfortable.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dinosbacsi

It certainly is nice. The only thing I dislike about it is that it's just a bunch of 2-car units coupled together, no proper middle cars like on usual EMUs.

That's good, because if they were to ever make it, then it could potentially be used on many other JR Central routes as well, if we assume they would make several of them. One can dream I suppose, lol

9. fabdiva

They do have middle cars - it depends on the batch - There are 2, 3 ,4 and 6 car versions

10. Dinosbacsi

Oh then alright. From the videos it looked like they're all just 2-car sets coupled together to make longer sets.

11. fabdiva

They do that too - it'll depend on what the local depot has. A depot that runs a mix of routes will prob have a fleet of 2 cars and combine them as required for the routes they work. Other depots may be dedicated to a specific route that runs 6 car sets all day, so will get a fixed formation 6 car fleet.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dinosbacsi

I suppose that makes sense, yeah.

13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea and if JR Chubu West Line does have a Track connection with Meitetsu Tonkoname Line to Chubu Airport one can use scenario planner to send a JR Chuo West Train towards Chubu Airport.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KCRCRailway

KCRCRailway Active Member

This is really a nice suggestion consider you could control freight service on it to provide variety on line. :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Commiee

Actually, I need input from those with knowledge of freight operations on the route. I included the two freight locos on this route but I only know they operate on Chūō Main. Does anyone know if they operate on the Nakatsugawa-Nagoya section? I might have been wrong to include them in the suggestion.

16. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

It appears to do so judging by this map of operations by JR freight.

[​IMG]

This doesn't mean freight locomotives can not appear elsewhere, and in fact they often do. This map just depicts where freight operations occur and does not count trains for the purpose of rail maintenance. Typically pulling Hoki 800 ballast cars.

It seems though that JR Central ended its rail maintenance services pulled by JR Freight locomotives in 2020 as they now have dedicated and specifically designed maintenance locomotives owned by JR Central.
    Before 2020 the EF64 and DE10 typically ran these services I believe.
    https://train-fan.com/jr-east-hoki800/

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  17. HaibaraHariko

HaibaraHariko Active Member

Yes. There are regular freight services on almost the whole Chuo Line. The exceptions are the extremely busy commuter-only part near Tokyo (or precisely, freight trains will change to Musashino Line from the junction near Kunitachi Station) and the branch line (Okaya - Tatsuno - Shiojiri) in Nagano Prefecture. Therefore there are freight services near Nagoya.

I don't know much about how freight trains work in this specific area, but I believe the freight trains from central Japan will travel down all the way to Nagoya as there is no freight yard that is really famous (as far as I know I have to say) in this section. There are large freight yards in the west part of Nagoya or Inazawa on Tokaido Line, so I guess most freight trains will go there.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. Dinosbacsi

It does look really nice! Those orange lines on the side give it a kind of retro vibe.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Commiee

Here's JR Central's official PDF plan of its routes, including the Chūō:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

Hello . How do you do to put more than 5 images? A message tells me that the maximum limit of images is 5 and I can not put more. so ... how do you do it?

21. Commiee

That is weird - when I was making my suggestion threads, the limit was 20 for images and five for videos. Maybe they have reduced it since?

22. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

[QUOTE = "Commiee, post: 361643, member: 24776"] Eso es extraño - cuando estaba haciendo mis hilos de sugerencias, el límite era 20 para imágenes y cinco para videos. ¿Quizás lo hayan reducido desde entonces? [/ QUOTE]

I make the suggestions from the mobile. Does that have something to do with the limitation? Do you make suggestions from the pc?

23. Commiee

Yes I make threads from desktop PC. It definitely is possible that the mobile version of the forum has lower limits on images.

24. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Uploaded photos directly to the forum limits you to 5 photos.

Using an external site like Imgur and linking the photos can have up to 20 photos.

• Helpful Helpful x 1