***update*** Ticket Response - Playstation 4 Dlc's Failure

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Aug 23, 2021.

1. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Colleagues, Good morning.

Below is the feedback on the ticket I opened requesting further clarification regarding the glitches we are facing on PlayStation 4:

Note: Only the Base Game and Collection Edition lines are working.
    SAND PATCH GRADE
    SCHNELLFAHRSTRECKE KÖLN - AACHEN
    BAKERLOO LINE
    HAUPTSTRECKE RHEIN-RUHR
    EAST COASTWAY
    PENNINSULA CORRIDOR

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mikael,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the ongoing issues on the PlayStation 4 platform.

We understand that this must be a highly frustrating time for PlayStation 4 users, and we are very sorry for the trouble they have experienced as a result of the recent update. We are aware that some users have been unable to access certain DLC in-game, and this issue is still under investigation. Furthermore, we are working closely with Sony to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, but due to the complex nature of the problem, we are unable to specify a timeframe to resolve. We will keep the community informed of any updates through our normal community channels.

FAQ

Do I have to buy the missing content again?

• No, your purchases will remain unaffected as they are associated with your PlayStation Network Account.
    Will I lose my liveries, scenarios and in-game progress?

• No, your saved data is stored separate from the main game on your console.
    Missing DLC Issues

All users will be able to start the game and play the following content without issue. However, users may experience a temporary lack of access to all other DLC.

• London Underground: Bakerloo Line
    • Sand Patch Grade
    • Schnellfahrstrecke Koln-Aachen
    • Boston Sprinter
    Crashing Issues

If you are experiencing crashes while in-game, then please follow the steps written below to resolve this issue. Please follow the steps in order, and if the first step resolves the issue you may not need to complete the following steps.

Update to version 1.43

1. From the PlayStation 4 home screen, locate the icon for Train Sim World 2.
    2. Press the options button on your controller.
    3. Now select Check for Update.
    4. Allow update 1.43 to download and install.
    5. Now restart your console.
    How to Rebuild the PS4 Database

1. Turn off the PS4 system by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
    2. Once the PS4 system is off, press and hold the power button again. Release it after you hear the second beep: one beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
    3. Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
    4. Select the Rebuild Database option
    5. This will scan the drive and create a new database of all content on the system. This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
    How to Re-download your purchased game:

First, you will need to delete your game before it can be reinstalled. Select the game on the PS4 menu and press the options button and then select Delete.

1. From the home screen, go to [Library] and select the "Purchased" folder.
    2. Select the game you want to download. Select "Download" on the content screen.
    3. Some games will allow you to download a part of a game first, or play while you download.
    4. You can check the progress of your downloads in [Notifications] > [Downloads]
    How to Re-download Add ons:

1. Sign in to your account on PlayStation™Network under which you purchased the content.
    2. From the Home screen on PS4™, go to [Library] > [Purchased] > click on the game title you purchased the add-on for.
    3. Select [PlayStation™Store], then [Your Add-Ons] in the Add-Ons section on the right.
    4. You should see the add-on you’re looking for on the list of your add-ons. If you don't see "Installed" next to the title of the add-on, click on the add-on to download it.
    Refunds

Please note that, as with any purchase you make in a store, whether they are an online business or on the high street, the responsibility for your purchase rests with the store where you made your purchase. We have no involvement with the financial aspect of the purchases you make and are not able to help in such situations. You should therefore refer back to the store where you made your purchase.

PlayStation Support: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/store/ps-store-refund-request/

Kind Regards,

Chris
    Customer Support Advisor
    Dovetail Games Customer Support

Ticket Details

Ticket ID: QEY-285-73785
    Department: Train Sim World
    Type: Issue
    Priority: Normal

• Like Like x 3
  2. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

Has anyone asked for a refund and got a reply from Sony?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Rebuilding the DB is often suggested but no idea how that deals with missing content

4. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

It doesn't, but at least it stops players complaining during the hours they're spending uninstalling and reinstalling everything. That was probably the intention.

• Like Like x 3
  5. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this, though I am very wary of anything DTG or Dovetail says. Especially this:-
    • No, your saved data is stored separate from the main game on your console.
    I am not a huge techy person as such anymore and am finding all these issues very stressful.

The very reason I went to a console to play games is because I am way beyond the days of upgrading my PC all the time, Latest graphics card / more memory / countless downloading of new drivers / upgrading mother boards and CPU's.

I just want to play my game and enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

Sadly, that's not how modern business works, at least at the more unscrupulous end of the market. The logic of capitalism is that even though a company might have sold you a product which doesn't work in the past, they will always prefer trying to sell you another one which doesn't work in the future to actually fixing it.

7. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

This is technically correct. You can uninstall the game then reinstall months later and your progress will still be there. Even better if you have PS Plus it saves a copy on your Playstation and on Playstations Cloud server.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. tcmikaelsouza

Colleagues, Good morning.

I hope I have helped you, I'm trying to keep you informed, even with the language difficulties, I'm Brazilian and I don't speak English, so I appeal to Google Translator. Let's help each other.

Regarding the restoration of the database, it can help with several improvements, but not in this case, only DTG's answer can solve our problem.

I've also always preferred consoles over PCs, as I don't have the financial means to build a PC Gamer, let alone update it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Colegas, Bom Dia.

Espero ter ajudado vocês, estou procurando mante-los informados, mesmo com as dificuldades do idioma, sou Brasileiro e não falo inglês, então apelo ao Google Tradutor. Vamos nos ajudando.

Com relação ao restauro do banco de dados, ele pode ajudar em diversas melhorias, porém não neste caso, só a resposta da DTG pode solucionar o nosso problema.

Eu tamém sempre preferi os consoles do que PC, pois não tenho condições financeiras para montar um PC Gamer, ainda mais atualiza-lo.

9. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

with sony's refunds policy i doubt it

10. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Hello, I do not have PS Plus. :( But if after this Thursday (I am giving them a week to fix EVERYTHING) it is not all fixed, I might have to bite the bullet and remove and add it back again. BUT I will wait to Thursday and hope that in a full week DTG DOVETAIL SONY can fix this mess once and for all. So ALL I have to do is run one update and it will "Work". Well I can hope can't I, what hope is there after that!

11. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

Well I remember, dunno which one it was but one of the DTG staff here said they would endeavour to have it done before the stream tomorrow

Safe to say that the clock is slowly running out

• Like Like x 1
  12. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Kolhn achen dont work for me

13. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

I think DTG are in for a world of hurt come Tuesday stream. I honestly dont see this being fixed for at least another week.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

15. tcmikaelsouza

16. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

People successfully received refunds for other games that were broken so I don’t see why this should be any different.

I have 20 DLC for TSW2, that’s over £200 I spent on DLC I can’t use because this update broke the game. Presumably I’m not the only one. We are entitled to refunds.

If your PS4 stopped working because of a system update wouldn’t you expect a refund of some sort??

17. tcmikaelsouza

18. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

No, I‘d want them to fix it. Exactly the same as when Apple bricked my iPhone for 10 days with an update. Why would I want to refund something I enjoy?

• Like Like x 1
  19. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

You enjoy owning all that content and not being able to use it??

20. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

The question you asked was if I‘d want to refund my PlayStation if Sony bricked it. My answer was, No.

To answer your 2nd question. The same, I enjoy my DLC, why on earth would I want a refund. It‘ll be fixed soon. If I refund it I then have to buy it again (probably without sale prices)

• Like Like x 3
  21. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

He has a point. what's the point of refunding stuff for it to be fixed (hopefully in the next few days) it's kind of pointless and if you were wanting to get it back it may not be on sale

22. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Please do not try any self-remedies for the time being. The advice given by the support team is good, but may not work for everyone. We'll have the full step by step process to restore all your add-ons as soon as we're certain everything on store is correct.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  23. tcmikaelsouza

Perfect, Thanks for the reply.

We are waiting for the solution, I tried to reinstall it several times and it didn't work.

I don't think it's fair to have a refund for a product that we already use and we intend to continue using it, we want the problem to be solved. MAYBE in the best of all worlds it would be compensation from DTG, for example, a route of our choice free of charge would be a dream, but I don't believe it's possible.

Thanks for the DTG effort.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perfeito, Obrigado pela resposta.

Estamos aguardando a solução, eu tentei reistalar varias vezes e não resolveu.

Eu não acho justo termos um reembolso de um produto que já utilizamos e pretendemos continuar usufruindo, queremos a solução do problema. TALVEZ no melhor dos mundos seria uma compensação por parte da DTG, por exemplo, uma rota a nossa escolha gratuita, seria um sonho, mas não acredito que seja possível.

Obrigado pelo exforço DTG.

24. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

Not pointless, I have the PS4 version that doesn’t work. If I get a refund I’ll buy the PC version which always seems to work without any problems. They have testers for PC but not console.