American Safety System Help

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by LCYCowboy, Aug 23, 2021.

1. LCYCowboy

LCYCowboy Member

Having never driven an American route before I am trying to learn the ATC/ACSES systems. I found some helpful posts but have a couple of questions (as there doesn't seem to be a tutorial from DTG anywhere).

One post said that if your ACSES speed decreasess and the buzzer sounds, you have to put the brakes into supress, acknowledge the buzzer and wait before you have reduced below the new speed (all in order to avoid and emergency braking). My speed just changed from 20mph to 10mph, I followed the procedure, but because of the slow speed, by the time I released the brakes (at 10mph) it slowed me to a stop while the brakes fully released. Is this what is supposed to happen?

Also, when the speed limit at the top of the panel in the F40PH increases, I have noticed that there is a delay on the HUD before the marker moves to the new speed. Is this because you have to wait for the rear of the train to pass the increase point?

Thanks for any help,

Neil

2. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

You should be able to reduce speed from 20mph to 10mph in less than 8 seconds, so you probably do not need to set the brakes to suppression in this case.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  3. Rich_84

Rich_84 Active Member

I've noticed sometimes with the F40 the independent brake comes on as well, I put the independent brakes to bail off & the brakes released.