Should Dtg Offer All Ps4 Customers A Free Dlc To Say Sorry For The Update Mess?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Skyz2020, Aug 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Indeed, I posed the question to see what the real view is. I've played it tactically, seperated the two arguements and pitted them against each other, because really it is one or the other. It's up to the community to decide what they really want.

If it were me, I'd want my DLC back, and £10 PSN would be a nice addition, however I would be content with the DLCs back.

It will be interesting to see further responses.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Thank you trainsimplayer very good exchange. Let's see what others think of your question. I think I have you down as a "no" voter (please correct if I have miss read on voting tab) so good to have some constructive feedback from the other view point

• Like Like x 1
  3. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

This has got to be one of the most insensitive things I've read that someone has posted on these forums in a long time and that is saying something. Try saying that to someone on minimum wage and struggling to pay their rent each month. You need a serious reality check.

• Like Like x 10
  4. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

I would not be that interested in receiving a free DLC as I have no interest in owning any further content produced by the company. But a voucher which I could spend elsewhere in the PlayStation store would be nice. Not that either of these things will happen of course. That would require a sense of ethical business practice.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Gilly

Gilly Well-Known Member

Agree +1

• Like Like x 2
  6. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

[removed by Protagonist - argumentative]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2021
  7. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

8. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

10. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

This thread has now fallen entirely into argument, and as such is at risk of being locked.

We will not limit conversation on this topic providing you remain civil toward each other. Progress towards a solution is happening and we're hoping for more information soon - until that time, and as much as the wait is no fun for anyone, please avoid arguing with those who do not share the exact same point of view as you do.

• Like Like x 2
  12. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

13. polygons#3287

polygons#3287 Member

Lock away boss, clearly not much else going on.

14. Skyz2020

Thank you protag. The purpose was to stimulate healthy debate about if a gesture of good will would be a good move from DTG. Hopefully future debate will remain civil. I would like this thread left open so healthy discussion and voting can continue.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Skyz2020

Let us resume with the comment from trainsimplayer a "no" voter asking a good question

• Like Like x 3
  16. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

PS4 player here not interested in compensation.

The cynic in me would say the hyperbole and theatrics on display here have more than made up for my missing collection over the past few days, but honestly it has mostly been sad watching so many people unable to vent frustration without resorting to insults, conspiracy theories or unbelievable rudeness, none of which has helped in any way.

Throughout this DTG have acted in good faith. They released an update intended to give updates to the game, as they have done before, at no cost to players. They included last gen consoles too in order to ensure everybody benefitted. They worked for and intended for that update to go smoothly for users, changing the release date last minute with the expectation it would help rather than hinder the process, again, all in good faith that users on all platforms would get a better experience as a result. Something went wrong, and as yet there is nothing to suggest it was deliberate on DTG´s part, nor do I expect there to be anything that ever suggests this. Since it happened, DTG have provided an emergency patch to restore access to some content on PS4 late on Friday. They have not fed false information, they have been upfront that they are investigating and looking for a solution, not telling us they have one and stringing us along, they have been transparent and this has meant we can set our expectations accordingly, I am not expecting a fix today, perhaps not tomorrow or the day after either, I would rather feel like this than be bombarded with updates containing ultimately useless info that only leads me to have false hopes a fix is imminent.

So I am not clear on what I need to be compensated for yet? Not being able to play some aspects of a game for several days? Honestly if I could put a monetary value on that it would be about 2p. I fully expect that DTG will restore content as soon as they can, there is literally no reason to suspect they will not, so I am content to play what I currently can of the game until a solution is found without the need for compensation.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Skyz2020

Thank you Luke. A view there from the "no" camp. However I did enjoy 2p comment that is very precise :)

20. Skyz2020

Okay scores on doors 110 Yes to 129 No. DTG Protag / Nat can you close this one up. I would say the No vote has edged it , but with yes having some strong feeling behind it. Protag also can you allow 2mins on stream tonight to discuss this topic and if it gained traction at DTG? The people who did vote yes I think deserve a answer as to if this is an option that will be considered post fix release? All the best everyone, expect the mods will want this one closed out asap (however it would be good to have a small comment from protag before it does :) )

21. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I'll close this one up, thanks for running it in a calm and collected way.

I can't really comment on the poll itself because doing so will be misleading, so instead I'll talk in a general sense.

Whenever there is a poll that discusses a potential action from the company - for example, should the new logo be red or blue? - we will keep an eye on it, but that's as far as it will go. If the result of the poll is discussed inside the company then collectively we've just made a massive rod for our own backs . Why? Well, if we:
    A - do what the community suggested, we've just declared that the community call the shots. Cue 500 other polls. Immediately.
    B - don't do what the community suggested, we've just opted to say that we don't care what the community thinks.

This sounds extremist and while you have a rational head on you might say "I think we're all grown up enough to know that one result doesn't make it rule from there on in", but there are times when rationality takes a back seat to emotion. We're all human and we all have the ability to be swept up in a moment. This week is a prime example of that. Are players justifiably disappointed? Yes. Are some justifiably angry? Yes. Once this moment has passed will people forget? No, it will go into our permanent record and we'll be reminded of it any time something else doesn't go off without a hitch, but rationality will return for most. What we don't want is to set a precedent that can be problematic when a more emotive topic is the subject of the poll.

This is before you get to anything regarding how long polls should run, or how to determine victory. Only an idiot offers an A/B choice that doesn't include some kind of rule that demonstrates a clear margin of victory, otherwise you end up with 51% of poll-takers happy and 49% unhappy, and that's a really poor situation to land yourself in.

Essentially polls of this kind are useful to us because we get a sense of your collective opinion, but they're never going any further than that. They're a no-win situation.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.