PlayStation Boston Dlc - Cab Signal Acknowledge Not Responding To The Alerter Button On The Pad

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Jezame, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Jezame

Jezame Member

On the PS5 on the Boston DLC when an ACSES alert comes up the Alterter button on the Pad (Circle Button) does not activate the Cab Signal Acknowledger. The only way to use it seems to be to use the cross-hairs and manually press it, which isn't ideal especially in the CTC-3 Cab due to its position.

I note on the PC the Q button works fine for pressing it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That might explain the emergency stop I keep getting in the F40PH tutorial with safety systems turned on. Shortly after leaving Boston South, an alarm goes off and I can’t cancel it causing the emergency brakes to come on.

It seemed to work ok in the cab car and ACS-64 though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jezame

Jezame Member

I’ve done a bit more testing on this, it only seems to affect the F40PH-3C and the CTC-3. On the ACS-64 it is fine, this may be because on the ACS-64 it has one button which does both the alerter and the ACS acknowledge on the actual train itself, whereas the F40PH-3C and CTC-3 have separate buttons for the alerter and ACS acknowledge.

So it would be good to have the O button on the controller do both as per the ACS-64, or if not possible then utilise the new switch mode in the immersive controls to allow another button to do the ACS acknowledge like has been done for the PZB safety systems.

If you attach a USB keyboard to the PS5 then in all cases the Q button on the keyboard works fine and one press of the Q button does both the alerter and ACS acknowledge, so that is what I have been using for now.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

+1, PS4 for me

I have to manually select the button and press it, O only acknowledges the alerter.

5. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

I have this experience too, however only in CTC-3 because I haven't tested F40PH-3C.
    What I can take from it is that the "Circle" button only works for Alerter Reset and ATC acknowledge which is the button on the ATC display in top-right of the cab. It doesn't work for ACSES acknowledge button which is located on the sidewall next to the alerter reset button

6. emdzej

emdzej Member

Still not working, after today update on xbox. I assume that on PS too? After two month... Will it stay that way?