Real Timetables

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Aug 23, 2021.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I, and honestly, most of the community would like to see real-life timetables come to TSW 2. In the current game, the starting time is true to the real-life service, however, any other station times, and the service end time is all decided by the AI. Now, you may say, well, the AI probably keeps it as true-to-life as possible, but this is incorrect.

The in-game AI doesn't have to follow the same rules as us. While yes, they still have to stop at signals and stations, they don't use Safety Systems like ATC, ACSES, and PZB, they also don't use the same physics as us and don't experience things like wheelslip. This gives them an advantage over us (THE AI WILL TAKE OVER THE TSW WORLD :D) meaning that the times the AI arrives at the station, will be earlier than the player. This means that if the player is using ATC/ACSES on a route like Boston Sprinter, or PZB on Hamburg-Lubeck, they can arrive at stations between to 5-20 minutes late while following the speed restrictions. This causes MASSIVE delays along the line, and will eventually cause a gridlock of trains, making it impossible to go anywhere. It also kinda takes the enjoyment out of the game, since you know you will never be on time.

I ask that for previous routes, and future routes, the full IRL timetable appears. This will make the experience much better, and allow us to use safety systems (LIKE A REAL OPERATOR), and not be penalized by the game, for using IRL tools.

Also, the safety systems need to be True-to-life to make this fully work. We can't have a half-functional system like the PZB on HBL, and the ACSES on Boston Sprinter.

Hopefully, the devs take the IRL timetable into consideration for future timetables and can redo parts of the timetable for Boston Sprinter. Thank you for reading.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  2. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

Quite right. You would think they would have been more alert to the need for timetables to be realistic after the Arosa fiasco. Sadly, meeting the release deadline seems to have been more important.

• Like Like x 1
  3. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I wonder why dtg doesn't make it so that the ai use the safety systems and actually have physics.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I assume it has something to do with performance,but it definitely needs to be sorted out, if the game is gonna be called a 'simulator'

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pixelade

Pixelade Well-Known Member

I remember one of them saying in a stream recently that it's not possible because of the CPU load.
    Assuming it would change the requirements of the whole game most likely as real physics on all trains is very taxing on hardware :(

6. ethanafro#1375

ethanafro#1375 Active Member

Many routes such as Southeastern High Speed appear to have a full irl timetable, however routes like GWE there is a 35 min wait between trains at places such as Ealing Broadway which is unrealistic and should be between 10 & 15 mins between services

• Like Like x 1