101 Not Starting

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VolvoB10M, Aug 23, 2021.

1. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I have started a scenario with a hauled 101 and the MC 101 is shut down but when I turn on the controls then use the panel above the engine to start them individually as the correct way, however they turn over but will not start. I now have a problem as there is no high vac and the brakes are dragging because none will start. How am I supposed to get them to start?

2. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Are we talking about the DB BR101 or the BR Class 101?

• Like Like x 2
  3. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

The BR/Metro-Cammell one. As a last resort I was trying to find the vac release cords but although I have found the chambers, I can't seem to locate any release cords underneath or valves inside to match to the high pipe or any of the chambers on each bogie.

4. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I don't really know the problem with the engine. I believe starting the engines is as simple as pressing the Engine Start button. Might want to hold it for 5 secs. Obviously you need to have the master key enabled first, otherwise the buttons won't work.

As for the brakes, make sure any brake levers in all cabs are set to the neutral 'lap' position.

5. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I have been able to use the panels on the outside of the loco (if that's what you're talking about) and you just need to press and hold the start button. Failing that as said above start them from inside the cab.
    Is this where you are pulling a 101 behind a class 31 ?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021