Any Nintendo Fans?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Krazy, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

It's been a bit of a rough week for Train Sim World, and the update was not nice to me, so I think it's a good time to dust of my Switch and play some other games for now. Perhaps I should finally try and play Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. People on the internet obsess over this game. Maybe people just really like apes.

Or I could go back and play Super Mario Odyssey some more. It's probably one of my favorite games of all time, having big open worlds where you can just run and jump around as Mario, who controls very nicely. Super Mario Maker 2 is another great Mario game, you can just make your own Mario levels, and you have a lot of levels created by other users, which basically lets you play new levels until the end of time! And of course there's Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which is just a really well made kart racing game. I enjoy playing online quite a bit.

I haven't played Pokemon Sword in a while, perhaps I could go and hunt some more of those critters down, or maybe even start a new playthrough. I picked Scorbunny on my first playthrough, perhaps I could have Sobble in my second. Or maybe I could play one of the older Nintendo games! Super Metroid seems like a good choice, since Metroid Dread is releasing in a few months. Perhaps I can continue with Yoshi's Island, or whatever else I find.

Well then, why should I continue getting annoyed over some train game for the next week or so, when I can instead play all of these other games and more! I realized that I've barely been playing any Nintendo games ever since I got my PS5, and perhaps I could come back to my Switch and play all of the games that I used to play for hours, or perhaps the ones I haven't played for hours.

Anyways, with all of this rambling about Nintendo games, I'd like to know if any of you folks are Nintendo fans as well! What Nintendo games do you enjoy playing? It doesn't have to be limited to the Switch, perhaps some of you regularly play on other systems. There are just so many games they've made which can indeed be enjoyed by many!

• Like Like x 1
  2. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Sadly, I no longer have my Wii, which I won in a competition. I used to love Wii sports. For many years, Wii Sports Bowling was a New Years Eve tradition in my family, along with a side order of Wakeboarding and the one that was like the Gladiators event with the Pugil Stick. Happier times!

3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Love my Wii and my Switch. Mostly play the Lego games and retro style shoot em ups.

4. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

Used to play Nintendo loads, even got a switch to play Pokémon Sword. To say the game was easy is like saying A toaster toasts bread.
    Even Pokemon X/Y was harder

• Like Like x 1
  5. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

I used to play Nintendo Consoles, all the way from the Wii to the Switch, however, after Nintendo introduced the "pay to play online" thing I lost interest, as I mostly had single-player games, because at the time, more friends were on Xbox/PS anyway, I also had an Xbox so I used that.

Slowly my interest in the switch after that.

However, I have very fond memories of the Wii, in my opinion the best console ever.

It was the perfect experience, Motion-based play, perfect for sports (hence Wii Sports), a small enough controller, with clear buttons, special controllers for other situations - I remember always using the wheel on Mario Kart, couldn't play it without :D.

Wii Sports for me was always and will always be one of, if not the, best game ever.

The five sports were all excellent, Tennis and Golf were fabulous fun, Baseball wasn't of too much interest to me, but was always fun, boxing I just couldn't ever get the controls sorted :D

And bowling?

Strike!

• Like Like x 1
  6. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

I just booted up wii sports resort after a day of trainspotting, certainly a fun experience

7. eire007

eire007 Active Member

I play the Japanese train sim on my switch :)

8. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I grew up with the DS and Wii, and the Wii U, despite being regarded as a failure, saw me through my adolescent years quite well. I can't imagine having grown up with anything other than Nintendo.

However in the past couple of years I've lost a lot of interest in what they're putting out. I still keep an eye on them and they still release quality games (Mario Party Superstars looks great, and I'm very excited for Metroid Dread and BOTW 2), however I barely play my Switch nowadays. My PS4 collection is now as big as my Wii and Switch collection combined.

I'm not really sure why I don't care as much about Nintendo anymore. Part of it must be due to getting older, and I'm fairly certain it's also to do with it becoming apparent that they're a pretty scummy business that milk old content dry and charge full price for it (charging £50 for a port of a ten year old game is ridiculous).

I still have the memories though. Super Mario Galaxy is probably my favourite game of all time, and Zelda Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros would all probably make my top 10.

• Like Like x 1