Your (and My) Questions About Brighton Mainline.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Aug 23, 2021.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I was playing through ECW tonight and I recall some dialect about Gatwick services on this DLC. As I was playing I stopped and looked at one of the maps.

It led me to two questions.

1- Will DTG consider incorporating some better detailed maps like this mod (or is it licensing again)?
    2. How much of this map will be include. I know it doesnt go so far as London Bridge but it looks like theres a decent amount of lines coming off this. What do we know?
    3- How detailed do you think the route/skyline into London will be? Generic or with landmarks?

(Thank you to the creator of this mod).

Screenshot (96).png

• Like Like x 2
  2. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

I don’t think licensing
    I wish it was but maybe they only want to show what’s included with the route?!?
    I’m not sure tho.

3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit of both. There's little point having a map of a route showing places that are not on that route. Although I do think they could be better and themed to each map, perhaps distinctly showing what services run where, ie for Southeastern High Speed they show High Speed services in one colour (or even in one shade of blue), Victoria - Dover services in another and Rainham - Charing Cross services in a third.

They have confirmed they're including the Reigate branch. I think if there's any other branches, it'll most likely be to Hove.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

I will be happy to eat my words, but doubt they would have it but not yet announced it.

5. chieflongshin

I wonder how
    Much they will announce now to be fair after the German route branch line incident. I do hope it’s not just an a to b line.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not sure why it would need separate colours. IRL there's only two colours on the route map, dark blue for SouthEastern and light blue for SEHS

Agreed the maps in game are absolutely basic, but then they are intended to show only what's in the DLC rather than "a wider network" (possibly to avoid people wondering why they can't drive to Broadstairs)

• Like Like x 1
  7. chieflongshin

We don't need that type of pain here. There's enough angry new people popping up :D:D:D:D

8. ARuscoe

Old ones too... There are enough legitimate reasons for people to be annoyed though

• Like Like x 4
  9. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Lol There will always be angry people.
    They expect too much from the game engine and the developers.
    Until we get real real-life graphics and physics someone will be annoyed over something.

10. ARuscoe

Not sure on this... I think DTG have bitten off more than they can chew and that people will always try to push the envelope with almost any game (especially on PC where they'll tweak settings and files and wonder why stuff breaks...)
    But there are some glaring errors in this game, but many people realise it IS a game and get on with it. Some have higher standards (and louder mouths)

• Like Like x 2
  11. mancunian#7861

mancunian#7861 Active Member

I'll be honest, I do get annoyed although rather more from frustration when you can't even play the basic game with no mods or alterations at all such as I've recently encountered on SEHS playing the game with no adjustments on the play settings at all - it's been reported and hopefully DTG will get back to me/us when there's a fix - or at least I hope they will. So yes, my mouth can be loud at times and yes it's a game but when said game bites you on the toosh for no logical reason, you can expect to me cry out in pain!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. ARuscoe

I went on holiday for four days, but only played ECW last week (played SEHS to death last month)
    Not sure "for no logical reason" counts here, then again I've been dealing with DTG products for five years or so, so my logic may be different

I'm sure DTG will get back to the workable system once they've sorted the complete dumpster fire of the roll out issues, but as always "it'll take a while"

• Like Like x 1
  13. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Even then, there will be angry people… face it, some people just like to be angry!

• Like Like x 1
  14. chieflongshin

I COULDNT AGREE MORE.... I MEAN LOOK AT THIS UI WHICH HAS JUST POPPED UP IN MY GAME....:D:D:D:D:D:cool:

Clinchfield made it go back to front.

Screenshot (97).png

Just as an FYI if you see this TrainSim-Matt - Service was Moss turn part two. I wasn't doing anything fancy, just driving. UI screen popped up for half a second and went and then when I looked at it straight after it was mirrored. PC.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. I want to ask if the timetable will include services which divide at some point on the route to each go to a different destination.

If this has not yet been decided, then I want to request this feature. I know the DTG team usually read through these.

16. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yes, at least this is what they are going to try to do. Hopefully there will not be any problems while developing it.