Lirr Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cattivo, Aug 23, 2021.

1. cattivo

cattivo Member

Hi all

I decided to pick up the LIRR DLC yesterday, but having huge problems trying to play it. I have done the tutorial, and it seems pretty straight forward. I then went to try out a timetable run, and it started off Ok, but then after coming to a stop at a station it was as if the train locked up. Doors wouldn't close, and the brake / throttle wouldn't work correctly as in the indicator box remains red in brake mode even when I switch back into throttle, so there's nothing I could do.

Ran through the training again to make sure I'm not missing anything then decided to try out a scenario, and while the doors at least closed I have the same brake / throttle issue where it seems to be stuck in brake mode (the box outline in the HUD is red even though I'm putting power to throttle).

The master key is on, the reverser is set to forward, the brakes have been charged and the headlights are on.

Any suggestions?

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

That's weird. I remember that LIRR trains have to be at least in 50% brake application to be able to open the doors or something like that.

Maybe it also effects door closing and you couldn't close them as you weren't on full brakes?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I had this problem on one of the LIRR scenarios. Tried everything but couldn't move the train after a routine stop. That pesky red square would not go away. Next time I ran it, it worked like a charm. I put it down to an intermittent bug. I always use full brakes at station stops

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. cattivo

cattivo Member

Thanks for the response. That is strange as nothing changed between opening and trying to close the doors. That said, I was bouncing around blindly, so maybe...

Just after I posted the OP I restarted the scenario and doors closed and throttle worked, but then the brakes didn't seem to work when I got to the first stop! :o Then I tried another timetable run and was back in the situation where doors wouldn't close and throttle didn't switch from brake to power.

Anyway, I've refunded that DLC for now, maybe come back to it one day. Again, thanks for the reply. :)

5. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Sad to hear that, but I kind of understand. LIRR is not in the best shape, even after the preservation crew update. It definitely needs an overhaul or a second round from the preservation crew.

• Like Like x 2
  6. nyswat19

nyswat19 Member

Yea LIRR haven't gotten love but I believe one day . dovetail will update the core and redo the lirr one day and charge extra for the update which I personally wouldn't mind :)....

7. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

A couple of bits that tricked me up when I first started playing this route, causing issues similar to the above:

1) Brakes must be applied >50% for doors to close. This isn't mentioned in any tutorials.

2) It's very easy to push the brake lever past full application and into emergency on approach to a stop. You'll need to fully recharge the brakes if you do this before you can set off again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Nah they left LIRR for dead even after the crappy update.....this is so called busiest railroad in US and it feels dead ..All they did was give us a M3 as an option to play instead of adding more service.. me I would've added extra service in the game at least between Atlantic Term/Penn Station and Jamaica to feel a but busy around those spots

• Like Like x 1
  9. cattivo

cattivo Member

No worries, I could have persevered, and I am sure that from the helpful suggestions on this thread would likely have got it to work, but I do have a bunch of DLC's and I'm now swapping over to using a controller and TrackIR, so have enough newness to keep me going! And I'm sure that I'm anyway just scratching the surface with what I do have. :)

10. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I have to say that if it wasn't included with TSW2020 I wouldn't have bought it as a DLC, such a shame as it is the kind of route that is quite promising with multiple terminating stations rather than the usual A-B. I also feel the same has been done to SKA, I look at videos and there is constant movement at Kohln HBF with most platforms having a train in it.