Smaller Hud

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Guerra, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Guerra

Guerra Member

Current hud is an immersion killer for me but since I am not a pro at train simming, I need to keep it on. So i think a simplified info screen would be good as a choice
    For example, I like the fps counter in the game. A few small lines like this fps indicator would be enough for me. I only need the next speed limit (and distance to it), next signal (and distance to it), next wp (and distance to it), and timing messages when necessary. Like;

30 / 5.6
    Green / 5.3
    Stop at "xyz" / 12.4
    Wait until at 09:25 AM

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

On Stean, you have an FPS counter

3. Guerra

Guerra Member

I am not looking for an fps counter

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

It would be impossible to make the HUD any smaller with what is required to be there, as for the FPS counter while in game just press F3 and that will turn it on.

5. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I think the OP means small lines of text in the same way the FPS counter is displayed.

I hear you, I share the desire. Just recently i've found driving without any HUD except the top left (CTRL+4, CTRL+4, CTRL+5, CTRL+6) to be exhilarating and i'm keen to find a way to make that something everyone can enjoy confidently.

• Like Like x 10
  6. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

The option to minimise the HUD without losing the essential information would be very welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Guerra

Guerra Member

I can't drive without it, I need to know what signal is coming and how far it is. The same applies to speed limits and waypoints.

Exactly. I don't need XP points, messages, speed quadrants. Those things cover a very big portion of the screen and prevent me from focusing on the game itself. I find myself playing the game by only looking at these HUD elements

• Like Like x 1
  8. anarchy99

anarchy99 Well-Known Member

Hi Matt. Do you think we could see 2 versions of the HUD in future given the feedback of late? One with larger text and elements for predominantly TV/console setups and a lite version HUD for PC users/seasoned players :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I don't know at this point, but suffice to say it's an area i'm exploring.

• Like Like x 4
  10. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I just want to know, my throttle/break postions the time when I can close the doors, and how ahead or behind the timetable I am. Remove everything else and I'll be a happy man.

11. FeralKitty

FeralKitty Well-Known Member

I hope the font size would be customizable, please, (regardless of full or lite) to accommodate vision-impaired. A lite UI using too small fonts for a minority of us would be unfortunate.