The Brand-new Upgraded Passenger System To Tsw 2 Rush Hour

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by J.T., Aug 24, 2021.

1. J.T.

J.T. Active Member

Does the "Brand-new upgraded passenger system to Train Sim World 2" actually change anything?

Does this promise: "As you drive from station-to-station you will see a greater variety in passengers, higher volumes of people on platforms at peak times..." only applies to three new routes: Boston - Providence, Riesa - Dresden, Brighton Main Line?

Because on the East Coastway line I didn't notice any special crowds or more realistic behavior of passengers (who, for example, after the departure of the last train, are still waiting for something on the platform).

Brighton is empty at 8am in the morning:
    [​IMG]

...and in Lewes there are only a few people waiting on the platform.
    [​IMG]

In any case, there are no more passengers than at 1pm or 11pm. No rush hour on East Coastway line?

2. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I have noticed more passengers on WSR but when I was on LIRR when the update first launched, I was at Jamaica and there wasn't a sea of people flocking to the train and considering it was in winter, not many people had winter clothing on.

3. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

Its only in routes made after the release of rush hour (Boston being the first), it's up to Adam's team (the preserved team) to add the new passenger into the old routes. Also passengers are now part of the core game not on a route by route basis so any future updates to passengers will affect all routes at the same time (only on pre-rush hour routes (before Boston) that been updated by the preserved crew). :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Yes, and this was made clear a few times over some livestreams. However I'll spare you the time going through those again..

The new passenger system will be something that has to be looked at in a case-by-case, route-by-route basis. All three rush hour routes will have this new system of course, but going forward all new routes should have this system as well.
    As for our older DLCs and addons, this system is also going to be updated on the Bakerloo Line and Schnellfahrstrecke Köln routes. However this is being provided in a post-launch update 'relatively soon'.

For all of the other routes, this is something that will have to be added as the Preserve Crew see fit, and as they go through each route. So the fact that you're not seeing the new passengers on East Coastway is not a bug, that's expected. There is only one core update that was changed that applies to all routes, and that is a new stair walking animation. It seems we'll have to wait some time to see the new passenger models and improvements on older routes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1