How Do You Reset Lgv

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VolvoB10M, Aug 20, 2021.

1. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I just had the brake apply after the transponder did not program to a signal, I pressed all three acknowledge buttons It will not let me move again and I can not restart as the switch is stuck in manual control mode despite both the master and power levers in neutral. This even happens in the tutorial and there is no instruction on how to stop it. How am I supposed to start a program on the signal controller and also stop the control switch from locking in one mode? There is nothing mentioning starting programs to be on 000 or resetting the controller in the manual.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2021
  2. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Make sure the power handle is set to OFF. If it is set to "throttle" or "brake" you will not be able to change the driving mode or the reverser. Also, change the driving mode to OFF before you set the reverser to neutral.

PS: More stuff to keep in mind:
    1. You might need to re-arm the circuit braker (please note there is a button to close the circtuit braker, and a different one to re-arm it).
    2. You will need to release the air brake before you can get the train moving again.
    PS2: About why you got the emergency brake application: The TGV only uses the alerter aknowledge key ("Q" by default). The 3 PZB keys have no use in the TGV.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I pressed Q but I still got the brake application, it seems to happen around 50 kph as it won't get out of start program (---) to go in p, b or l mode. How do I het it to change modes and what are the modes p, b and l, as this is not mentioned anywhere in English.

Edit: The only someone explained to me that they are apparently LSHB and DSMO (and another as whatever P is?) referring to the dynamic feedback of the system but I can't find a way to Identify the type of transponders used on certain parts of the route and no way to set the mode since it will not receive a signal off them automatically and therefore remains in restricted/start program.

Edit 2: There's an issue with TSW ongoing at the moment and I can't launch it but I have asked support about this.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2021
  4. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

5. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I've already checked the manual but there is nothing about how to use the KZB other than a brief mention of the signal modes and the top speed for each signalling type but it still will not let me enter a running mode.

6. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

AFAIK, you do not change modes. KVB will change modes on its own based on what the beacons on the track transmits to it.

When you see - - - it means you need to follow the signals on the track, but it will not tell you what the limit is in the display. It will beep and turn on the light next to the "V" if you exceed the speed limit by 5 Km/h or more.

Also keep in mind that DTGs implementation of KVB does not always work as it should. For example, when you go back to Marseille you will see the KVB warning for a stop (yellow 00), but it will never actually turn green and be enforced.

7. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

It does not change modes, it is staying in the start program mode. There is no mode running, it is showing --- on the screen until it applies the brakes as it has no mode and the start program speed would be exceeded.

8. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

From the user manual page 29:

KVB.jpg

To make things clear, the speed limit is NOT going to be displayed in the KVB screen (and it is not supposed to). You should know what the current speed limit is from reading the signals close to the track.

This is because KVB is a train protection system, not a cab-signalling system.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  9. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

But why is it triggering the brakes when I am nowhere near the speed limit?

10. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I can't tell just with the information you are giving me. You might want to make a video and upload it to Youtube so we can see what you are doing and what is happening.

11. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

I can't upload to YouTube as I have been barred from uploading due to bogus copyright claims on my old OMSI 2 videos, I tried to upload photos on here but I need to code to add the hex to make it appear which I can't do. I just can't get out of start program, the PZB does it automatically but under some circumstances the PZB frei button can clear it. However it does not seem possible to manually exit start program and it seems to be unable to connect to either type of signal to run at the 160 limit.

12. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

I've never had any issues with KVB. I've only ever had to acknowledge VACMA until crocodile was implemented and that hardly does anything in the short distance it is active, all I do is stick to speed limits and press acknowledge when something beeps at me, this is probably incorrect.
    I've only ever been stopped when I exceed the TVM limit by 5kmh.

• Like Like x 1
  13. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

What is VACMA? I can manage to get to the tunnel at 60 (getting 15 late) but as soon as I try changing the power to AC/LGV the brakes are applied.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2021
  14. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

VACMA is in page 27 and TVM is in page 31 of the user manual.

15. thomastl59374

The brakes shouldn't apply:
    Firstly there is a sign just outside the tunnel which is (in reality) when you should move throttle to off
    Open the circuit breaker
    Set pantograph to lower
    Move the power type from DC to LGV or vice versa depending which way your travelling
    Then close the circuit breaker and wait for green writing to appear on the right hand side then rearm the circuit breaker and you should be able to apply power.
    On the way out of Marseille it is down hill into the tunnel so make sure to not overspeed whilst changing power modes as if you have all the safety systems on you will get stopped if you exceed over 5kmh of what the limit is.
    Hopefully this procedure helps, I follow these steps each time and I have never had the brakes apply. Matt did cover changing power modes either in a preview or the launch stream of this route so going back and watching it may be useful.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

Is VACMA the one with the bell tone that sounds like the manufacturer recorded a mechanical bell like the closing door alarm on the M3? That is not the one causing the problem as that lets me acknowledge it every time. The VOD is no longer up from when it was streamed, Kitboga's VODs seem to remain for 3 months after streaming but DTG's only seem to go back as the roadmap stream showing 13 days ago. I don't know if there is only a two week maximum for non partnered streamers or another reason but the LGV release stream is no longer available.

17. thomastl59374

VACMA is the bell ringing.
    For the stream you should just be able to scroll back through the list of videos on the Train Sim YouTube channel. I've been able to watch trailers/launch streams of content released at least over a year ago.

18. thomastl59374

Here is one of the streams:

19. thomastl59374

First preview:

20. VolvoB10M

VolvoB10M Guest

It can't the VACMA as that sounds different, the Croc is not active as I did not SPAD, TVM is not active on that section and no digits are showing, this must be the KVB not picking up the correct signal code or frequency from the transponder but how do I set it? In the videos it is already set up but it did not trigger brakes at any time, how do I get it to do this?

21. thomastl59374

All I do to turn KVB on is the switch on the back wall. I've never had to set anything else up. I turn it on and the organge light starts flashing I press the acknowledge button and it stops. Apart from that there is nothing else I do.