Another Day Another Disappointment.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PHJ-MGF, Aug 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

Well another 24hrs have passed and still no links to sort out this [edit by Protagonist - watch your language] update, We have DTG playing Shaggy giving it "It wasn't me", we don't sell you our software, Sony do that, only they can help.

So could you kindly answer the following questions.

1. Did Sony program this update or did DTG?
    2. Did DTG have the option to come out and tell us earlier about these problems.
    3. Did DTG have the option of reverting back to the older version via a retro update package until the new update was sorted out?
    4. When did it become the customers (which as you say aren't yours lol) liability to sort out these errors?
    5. When can we realistically expect you to actually sort out these problems (or when will Sony sort it out as they've obviously programmed a useless update or was that actually you?)
    6. When will we get an honest update of what is happening and communication on a daily basis giving us any of the latest updates. Guess what? Good communication stops people wondering what the hell is going on.

Simple questions, we would really like a list of simple answers to, it's not as they say rocket science that would be a NASA sim, but hey even they managed to get to the moon with 0.043 MHz. Maybe there are lessons to be learnt there. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Theres been a few updates today, and by the sounds of the last update we could see a patch very soon :) DTG are getting there. Their communication seems to have improved. Just have to sit tight a little longer :)

• Like Like x 4
  3. PHJ-MGF

Why can't they learn, why can't they add a latest new thread daily to make everyone aware of the current situation, it's really not that hard.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Railfan1985

Or at least give an update on patch progress. What I'd like to see is a more in depth insight as to progress. That way we'd have a better understanding of the situation.

• Like Like x 2
  5. PHJ-MGF

I just want to know are we any closer, why we couldn't go back to the last version and why the communication is so poor after everything they have seen on here. Is that really asking too much? I don't think so.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Railfan1985

No mate, you are bang on! Its the lack of communication that has frustrated everyone. Not sure about rolling back. Maybe that would cause more issues? Thats a good question btw

7. Hidden Donkey

Hidden Donkey Active Member

seriously do you not listen to what gets said on livesterams and on the forums

• Like Like x 2
  8. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

I can see already they holding closely the information about layers on the other Two RH routes for ps4/xbox...this way people expecting the best could buy Season pass and receive the worst later...together with horrible FPS as top of the cake...

9. PHJ-MGF

Seriously. I don't have the time to read through every post to find where they have hidden their latest comments, a simple thread updated daily telling people what is happening, takes seconds to do, so what is so hard about doing it? Also why do so many of you want to stand by and accept the worst service ever? Do you have some from of Masochistic tendencies? "Is everything O.K. Sir", "Yes it's fine thank you we won't complain about the bad service, cold soup, undercooked fish or the nuclear heat of the dessert" grow up. It's a 30 second job at most to inform your customers, it's not exactly a bloody bind is it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Railfan1985

In OPs defence its not exactly easy to find latest updates. There is a thread but it hasn't been updated since last Friday. They may also not have the time to search. This is one of the things DTG needs to improve on.

11. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

In case you missed it, here's the latest news (keep your eye on the News section of TrainSimWorld.com for the news).

Tomorrow's Roadmap stream will include an extended Q&A section on this topic.

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  12. jailbr3ak_acdc

jailbr3ak_acdc New Member

Sadly a patch costs money on consoles (around $40.000 USD each one). They'd pay a patch to revert the update... and then another more for the new update.

13. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I’m genuinely interested that when they do find out what went wrong what it was exactly that caused this. I hope they are honest about it and tell us.

I’m curious to know.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Railfan1985

Ah, thanks DTG Protagonist. I never thought of checking the news section (because im an idiot lol)

Btw what time does the livestream start? Thank for your reply, especially at this time of the morning :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  15. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Spoilers: it was run of the mill incompetence.

• Like Like x 2
  16. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

19:00 UTC on both Twitch and YouTube. You can find the schedule in the announcements forum.

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Day six, still no sign of a fix. Still not able to play the DLC's I've purchased.

• Like Like x 4
  18. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

That stream is going to be.... "Interesting" to say the least.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hidden Donkey

its in the news section and on twitter they cant update every minute and when there is an update they have told us its really simple to check a thread easier than trying to find cosumer rights and becoming a layer as you trying to do they are working hard just give them time i also had problem with update but i dont shout consumer rights at dovetail i wait for a fix and play what works its really simple and i read whats been said its not hard ro do

• Like Like x 1
  20. PHJ-MGF

I don't use twitter, the news section hasn't been updated since Friday and a simple once a day post in a dedicated thread to let your customers know where they stand after you've deprived them of their entire DLC is seriously not a lot to ask for.

• Like Like x 1
  21. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. PHJ-MGF

Lol I can't believe you actually posted that, Nothing has changed in that thread for days and checking every day is not keeping us informed as to how long this is likely to take. Simply crossing something off a list when you have finally fixed it, is not keeping your customers up to date on the ongoing situation.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  23. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

1) DTG did program the update but Sony is rolling it out, and seeing that the links from the profile to the dlc is provided on Sony side, it is not far fetched to think that something went wrong on their side as well, hence, they are working together with DTG to fix it (by the way throughout the weekend, where most people would rather say "welp, it's weekend now. Let's check that next week.")

2)if they had a functional crystal ball and knew beforehand what would happen in the future, yes, most likely they would just to prepare the players for what is going to happen. Sometimes in life things happen that are unexpected.

3)why would you revert all update processes that have been timed and implemented by Sony with the rollout procedure even if it was possible? That would most likely take up even more time than fixing the issue that is at hand anyway.

4)it has not?

5)when it is done. With programming it is not as easy as going to your local garage for a Tyre change which will take half an hour approximately. This more like your car is making weird noises all of a sudden and no one knows what caused it. The mechanics will now take your car apart and check everything, switch something around, build it together and test it. Still noises. So back to taking the car apart. How would these mechanics know how long it will take if they have not found out what the issue is? This is rather the same, as soon as they know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it they will be able to give an estimation on how long you will have to wait.

6) there has been honest updates by the community managers every day. It is not their fault that for some reason you either sont read or understand them. When there is nothing more to say than "people are working around the clock on a Sunday on it", how is that being dishonest?

Here are your simple answers to your simple questions. To be honest your questions show a lack of empathy and overall far sight as it really did not take a big brain man (which I am not) to come up with these answers.

Generally what is wrong with this forum section?
    I absolutely get you all being frustrated and angry, I would be too if I were in your shoes (and have expressed my anger on subjects numerous times as well) what the things one can read here are borderline in many regards.
    You take a gander across the globe and see so many problems that really matter and should have more focus on them, yet for some reason some ps4 players here act as if their living has been taken away by some evil force (which actually happens right now somewhere on this planet).
    It doesn't get more first world problem than what I came across here in the recent days.

Mishaps do happen. This time a big one happened. They are working on this and have been for days. Get a reality check and try to calm down a bit, it sure does suck but in the grand scheme of things, what a a couple of days that are unable to play all of your routes.
    Oh and if you look around, there are enough instances in daily life where you are temporarily unable to make use of something you paid for. Be it some sort of maintenance, fixing or whatever. And people overcome this as well.

• Like Like x 5
  24. PHJ-MGF

Well a huge reply and the major point to take on board here from your reply is

So once again we are being told by the unaffected not to be annoyed, well thanks for that.

• Like Like x 1
  25. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

It doesn't get more first world problem than what I came across here in the recent days.

Personally, I care about problems existing outside the "first world" too. I would very much like the situation in Afghanistan to be solved, for example. But since DGT didn't cause any problems there, they don't have to solve them. Just the ones they did cause within this game will be quite enough.

• Like Like x 1
  26. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I know, if there weren’t so many people filling up the forum complaining it would be easier to read through all the threads. I’ve also found that reading is quicker than typing so when time is short I don’t type I just read.
    There is one and it is updated, I’ve been checking it regularly so I know what the situation is.
    It’s what you asked for but in a different style. The reason not much has changed on the updates is that the situation hasn’t changed. No need to look anywhere else, that thread is all you need. When something changes, the thread will be updated. It won’t say how long it will take because nobody knows that yet. The news section of DTL will also be updated, People on the forum will be posting happy threads about it all being fixed when it is so you’re hardly likely to miss it anyway. You can also find it all out quickly if you read what has been posted by the community team by going to their profile pages and looking up their posts. That’s how I came across this thread.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Hidden Donkey

the latst post was yesterday not days and a big update check facts befor complaning

28. Hidden Donkey

Removed by DTG Natster - Argumentative

29. DTG Natster

As you are unable to agree with each other, or be polite to one another, I would recommend walking away from this thread before it results in it being locked.

30. damien_khaos

damien_khaos Member

Just my opinion. But maybe people on PC Xbox or whatever system that is not affected by this blunder should keep opinions to them self cause they aren't dealing with this on ps4.

Edited by DTG Natster - Removed inappropriate language.

• Like Like x 1
  31. PHJ-MGF

Removed by DTG Natster - Argumentative

• Like Like x 1
  32. DTG Natster

As this thread descended into contributing nothing more than being argumentative and antagonistic towards other users it has been locked.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.