Just Some Thoughts

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Alpha_6859, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

So after the debacle that was the launch on Thursday, August 19th I’ve had some time to take everything in. The good, the bad, the happy, and the angry. Despite all the issues that still linger it must be said that DTG has put out a damn good product. @dtgnaster and @dtgjd and the rest of the crew need to know that. It’s just too bad that all the good that they created was overshadowed by all the issues.

I too had my issues on ps5. After installing the core update I was also met with an error screen which lead to frustration, and rightfully so. But I took a step back and once the ps5 upgrade came through “hours later” the major issues like having to pay for routes again were resolved. And i had all my routes.

I’m aware that not everyone was so lucky in fact after I ran a small poll I found out that which I’m sure DTG already knows, there are serious issues with ps4.

I just read a very compelling post on Facebook that for me has restored my faith in DTG. Why you might ask? Because for the first time since everything started I felt that what I read was a contrite and sincere apology. One of my biggest issues was throughout all of this I just felt like they didn’t show any believable amount of contrition. Since I read what I read today my mind has changed.

Listen, I know some are still upset “rightfully so” and I understand that. I also know that there are still some lingering issues both big and small. Like virtually none of the routes having pis info. Or the game not saving some of the settings you choose. This is not something that DTG meant to happen. It is just a perfect storm of circumstances and unforeseen errors that collided. I know that doesn’t change things for a lot of people out there but I believe they’re working to resolve the issues. I also believe that this will be a learning experience for DTG.

Let’s all try to see through the anger, frustration and disappointment and allow DTG to fix this and make it right, which I believe they will.

• Like Like x 6
  2. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

To be fair to DTG this is one of the largest updates they've ever done for TSW2 with more DLC than ever before a new DLC and multiple new features all at the same time across 3 platforms.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

I agree 100%

4. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

I hope I tagged them right. I want them to see that post

5. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

For me its the communication that has been the problem, or should i say lack of. I don't mind that i can't access my dlc, what is needed is clear and honest communication that is easy to find. DTG have made a great start in regards to to the latter in the last day or so. I have high hopes fore this game, the core update is a massive improvement overall. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

It's seven platforms at this point - terrifying to think about!

1. Xbox One (Gen 8)
    2. PS4 (Gen 8)
    3. PS5 (Gen 9)
    4. Xbox Series (Gen 9)
    5. Windows Xbox Game Pass
    6. Epic Game Store
    7. Steam

(no, the three PC builds are not the same, they're all built separately and have different back end integrations to their respective platforms)

All those require individual builds to be made and uploaded, and all of them have their own suite of DLC's.

It's been a challenge, and there have been problems that have been unacceptable. The team have been working hard - over the weekend and through today until about midnight for many of us. We want this resolved so you can enjoy the update we've been working hard on just as much as you want to play it yourself, trust me!

At this point I don't fully understand the issues on PS4 myself - but there's multiple people in both DTG and Sony who are on it and I know progress is being made. Bear with them, I know it's seriously annoying you can't enjoy the content you've paid for, and we're trying as hard as we can to get this resolved as fast as possible.

We're of course going to be reviewing what has happened here and it will shape how we handle things in future to protect against all the various different areas that have gone wrong with this update.

Of course, a lot has gone well and there are lots of you enjoying the game, but that is irrelevant when there are still so many of you that are unable to do so. While we continue to work to resolve the issue JD and Nat will keep you updated.

Matt.

• Like Like x 23
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  7. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Very difficult situation Matt. Thank you speaking up. The core update is fantastic. It loads much quicker and routes run smoother. Loving the new pause screen as well. Massive improvement overall.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

I hear you man. That's how I felt and all my stuff worked. But it is nice to
    Thank you Matt. I hope you got a chance to read my post. My intent was to show DTG that there are those of us who understand. Yes things went wrong but wrongs can be righted

9. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Yes thanks, I read and appreciated your post :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. kobo

kobo Active Member

I really, REALLY hope tomorrow's stream isn't riddled with a ton of people getting super angry immediately. It will probably happen anyway, but honestly, what good will screaming do? I was lucky. 99% of the game works fine for me, and i have virtually no issues. the 1% that isn't working is annoying, but not game breaking for me. I play on ps5, and it has been a very smooth experience.

There might be more wrong with my build that I'm not seeing, but only because it's likely features I don't use. Scenario planner and livery editor for example, those don't interest me. scenario planner has missing formations, but i'm not bothered too much, unless someone on staff wants me to elaborate. And motion blur won't stay off. that one is more annoying because motion blur makes me feel ill. And if i forget to turn it off before i start a run, i begin to feel sick after only 5 min, and have to pause and turn it off before i can play again.

I did not come onto this forum to see so much hate by people who seem in my eyes incapable of stepping away from their computers and letting the team work. I understand the frustration, but constantly posting about it isn't going to make the team work any faster than they already are. There even starting to lose sleep because of what happened, and that makes me worried for their health. The bashing and screaming online needs to stop, or slow down significantly. I'm going to bed right after I finish typing this post. If I wake up and I see hate comments on this, you WILL NOT get any replies from me. I will not, nor do not cater to crybabies, so don't expect to get a rise out of me.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

I completely agree. I mean yeah I was definitely frustrated that was evident from my not happy post on Thursday but I was able to step away and let the game do it thing and took time away from the noise on the weekend to just play the game. And yes it has it issues but I trust that any issues it has will be resolved. i’m still waiting to hear from the cyber babies myself not that I plan on catering to them but yeah...

12. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Just wait until you get around to making a One X build...

Cheers

13. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

But surely there is some means of testing these builds work with their respective distribution platforms prior to release?

Or do you just send them and hope for the best when it's release day?

Because that's what it's looking like to the uninformed observer.

Please enlighten us.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

I always wondered if releasing on the new systems at the same time as updating the engine was a bit too much to do at one go it could have come a few weeks after to let things settle same with Rush hour they could have spread all these things out. In fairness the game runs well on my systems. DTG have worked hard these last few months on fixes and upgrades to lines such as WSR, ever wonder why some indie games only launch on say one system at at time a lot of the times like just on PS or Xbox ? Because they have small teams and can only do so much, I think DTG may have taken on too much at once.

16. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

Mistakes can happen. Unfortunately, they happen frequently and you sometimes have to wait a long time for them to be corrected. For example, there are still journeys that do not work in Journey mode and this has been known for many months.

Under the current conditions, I find it somewhat suspect that they will just continue as normal and bring the next DLC, instead of taking care of the current problems first with full force.
    Also, I still don't understand why they haven't received a sincere apology yet and how they are going to make up for this disappointment. And I don't mean from people who have nothing to do with it, but from the real people who decided to release it in this state.

I appreciate the game very much and had a lot of fun with it, but unfortunately you always manage to ruin this fun. Usually by rushing the release of DLCs. As long as nothing changes, it's foreseeable that these problems will happen again and again. The result is disappointed and angry people and bad press. You can save all that and make the game what it could potentially be. You have a fantastic base, please don't ruin it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Like Like x 2
  17. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Thanks very much Matt for your Candid and Straight reply. Most welcome, hope the Update meeting tonight is not to stressful!

When does it start UK time? Is there a link URL or Page I need to keep saved that always works?

18. Alpha_6859

Alpha_6859 Active Member

I know you guys are doing what you can. It just sucks that it happened.