Preserved Routes Rush Hour

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by montes_1234, Aug 24, 2021.

1. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Will DTG consider implementing rush hour feeling to the older routes? I'm thinking about greater number of train services.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They've already said that the preserved collection team will work on the passenger systems for each route as they get to them
    Timetable updates won't be even looked at until they have a better (ie working) scheduler because at the moment when they add a train in it causes all sorts of consequences because they're still scheduling miles ahead of the player trains

• Like Like x 1
  3. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Is there really a rush hour feeling with the Boston route? I don't have it, and as far as I understand, the "rush hour version" of bakerloo and SKA may come at a later time, nothing has been changed so far.

4. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Unlikely for train services in most cases I'd have thought, but not impossible.

Matt said that rush hour routes are built in a way that meant from scratch the AI services were considered, they are not just added on top of the timetable later on, for older routes this wouldn't be the case so the timetables may require significant work to accommodate AI trains. Also the stock just might not be available on some routes to pad things out. If you think of Cathcart circle, the most recent passenger route before Rush Hour, what AI could you put onto it other than more 314s? More AI would rely on more trains being available in the first place.

Adam's team did do some significant work to the timetable on Rapid Transit, so as I said, it's not impossible, but retro-fitting functionality is always harder than designing it in from scratch, so better to err on the side of "would be nice if it happened but it's not inevitable".

5. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Well different people will have different expectations, but for me it definitely feels like the liveliest route to date, the route itself is still very A to B with little in-between unless you are fortunate enough to get stuck behind a service in front, but the Boston end, where you'd expect the traffic, is done well, there is a lot of movement. That said, things have in general been getting better since TSW2 launched, with Cathcart and to some extent SEHS, they'd already managed to get the timetabling good enough that you saw a decent number of other trains whilst doing a run, so it's more evolutionary than revolutionary. Passengers add to that, sure if you look at them too long they are the stupidest things, but as decoration, which is ultimately what they are, having more of them makes things look more interesting.

I believe it's only the update to passengers coming to SKA and BKL, they're not reworking the timetable or adding AI services. I think earlier this year they said they'd try to implement a more realistic BKL timetable, but it dropped off the roadmap when they had problems getting tighter timetables to work in with the dispatcher.

• Like Like x 3
  6. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

An increase in passenger numbers on the preserved routes plus some static stock would go a long way if they couldn't add AI services to the routes.

The best thing, of course, would be to go back and add in all the moving AI services that you would not be able to drive on routes like Trans Pennine (Manchester and Leeds ends especially) and LIRR (Penn station and Jamaica) as well as adding more static stock and passengers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

I'm not interested much in the passengers. What interests me much more is plans to make preserved routes busier. And if that is not possible are the main reason for that in the simple signaller, which is not working properly?

8. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help, this is the sort of information I was after. I am not interested in this route, but may get the bundle if the German and British route won't be too disappointing.

Ah yes, the expanded bakerloo timetable... Promised before the release of TSW 2 and coming in two thousand and never. Yet another promise DTG can't keep...

9. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

Matt addressed that in the last stream and has admitted that they over promised and that it won't be happening as it is not technically possible.

10. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Not technically possible, in DTG language, usually means that it's not possible to do it in 3 minutes, so they have to dump it in order to release another incomplete new DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  11. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

I'm sure they won't make the mistake of overpromising again, at least for a couple of weeks.

• Like Like x 1