Doesn’t Make Any Sense! Rant

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by gingerpubes2300, Aug 24, 2021.

1. gingerpubes2300

gingerpubes2300 Member

Completely baffles me as to how people on this forum are backing DTG their job is very simple…
    When they created the core update they had to update all the routes to work with the new core. Why is it so hard to push an update for the routes affected? They clearly have the updated versions available otherwise players on other consoles and pc would be affected. Very harsh to compare the 2 but say for example rockstar games released an update for GTA V and players opened the game to find there was no cars at all. Players would be kicking off left right an center without a doubt and their situation would most likely be fixed within a day. A lot of players here on this forums have spent hundreds of pounds/dollars/euros on something they expect to have access to and work. So why is there people slating those who are angry if you had brought a car online and it turnt up with only 2 wheels and half an engine would you be as laid back and go it’s okay I’ve gotta other things to focus on? Now don’t get me wrong I have other things to focus on but at the end of a long day it’s nice to sit down and play some TSW (when it works)… so please DTG explain to us as to how this is Sony’s fault and not a fault of your own and as to why we are now on the 5th day of waiting.

[removed by Protagonist - avoid starting arguments]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why is it so hard for people posting rants to state the true complexity of what it is they're ranting about

It's not as simple as an update to the routes, or even as simple as an update to everything.
    What you're ranting about it a company that has updated the engine of seven versions of a game they make based on a core engine with over twenty DLC spanning seven platforms or release processes, all of which needed to update properly and IN SEQUENCE to avoid the issues that they're having
    Unfortunately the people delivering this process are NOT DTG and possibly haven't tested how DTG did their release so whilst it's not acceptable that it has failed as hard as it has, it's also hardly surprising

That's not to say that DTG got it right (or anywhere near it) but given it's failed on one specific platform harder than any of the other six, that would lead me to believe the issue may well be with the platform or the store facilitating it AS MUCH AS DTG themselves where there's obviously been a failure all along.

• Like Like x 6
  3. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

Given the complexity of the task of updating 7 versions of the game and releasing new content all at the same time, a professional company might have staggered some of these things so that they could check that problems weren't being caused.

• Like Like x 2
  4. gingerpubes2300

gingerpubes2300 Member

So what your saying is Sony are at fault for DTG’s failure to test thoroughly before releasing an update?

5. ARuscoe

Would that have made a difference in this instance given only one has been "majorly affected" ie over 24 hours?

6. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

Two if you count xbox users. The list of bugs present in the core game now which weren't present before the last update is also growing.

7. ARuscoe

I am not convinced that it is only one company's failure.
    I am sure Sony are experienced at rolling out complete core and DLC updates over multiple platforms given how much they charge both companies and users for the pleasure of playing their games via their platforms.
    And we also know DTG have a history of their updates going wrong (look at the license issues between TSW2020 and TSW2 as an example where disc owners weren't initially covered)

So no, I am not saying "Sony are to blame" because that's overly simplistic

8. ARuscoe

I haven't kept track of what's happened to xbox users, but I understood there was a fix or bypass within 24 hours. If that's wrong then I will go have a look

9. gingerpubes2300

gingerpubes2300 Member

Hence my rant this is not DTG’s first [removed by Protagonist - watch the language] up so you’d think they’d take more time to smooth out bugs and make sure everything works properly before releasing everything. All they are achieving here is loosing existing players and maybe future players too which will halt the progress of the game moving forward

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ARuscoe

Just how do you want them to test that their release system will work via Sony's portal?
    Their system worked on PS4 in house, but they likely use an SDK delivery system which is not the same
    The other various release systems worked (almost) fine so this is specific to that store

• Like Like x 2
  11. DANtheWALLY

DANtheWALLY Active Member

I agree with some points you've made but look at the red dead online 1.21 fiasco last year. It took a company the size of rockstar like 4 days to rollback the patch update that left the game unplayable. As it stands now with dtg the update has mainly only affected ps4 users and it doesn't matter who's to blame. I completely agree people should be angry about it because you can't access stuff you've paid for. But they definitely deserve a bit more respect from the community. They can't do anymore than they're doing. They're obviously trying to fix it. But they can only give out news about it when it's ready. And maybe their job isn't as simple as you think. But I do agree 5 days isn't great but just be patient.

• Like Like x 1
  12. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I suggest we now all wait to see what is said tonight :|

Do we know what time UK this will start?

13. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

As it stands I think it will be more Q than Q + A for the PS4 DLC issues. The most we have had is ‘we are making progress’ which is ever so slightly better than ‘we are working on it’! I appreciate DTG don’t have to tell us any detail but at the moment we don’t know if this will take hours, days or even weeks to fix.

14. twiggy#9635

twiggy#9635 Well-Known Member

They usually start about 20:00 UK time

• Like Like x 1
  15. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I will try to be there for the start, for once i am very interested in what is going to be said.