Peninsula Corridor Strange Crash With Scenario Planner

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kobo, Aug 24, 2021.

1. kobo

kobo Active Member

How strange that I'm posting again about my most frequently run route, using a tool I almost never use, but I feel in this case I should point it out in case anyone else had issues. I made a similar post yesterday about a different issue on the same route, that i fear no one will see because it got buried so fast by all the spam threads.

Anyway, I made a single scenario in the planner for the sole purpose of making it easier for me to get the jobs on the route taken care of. However, first problem, I cannot load the default stock into the route. None of the F40 or Gallery cab car consists will load. The max train length is too short, and the only thing I can load just to run the test scenario is a lite engine (an engine by itself for those who don't know). That's not incorrectly spelled btw, as a railroad worker, that's how we spell light when referring to an engine that's doing a run by itself with no cars coupled.

What makes the whole situation more strange, for me anyway, is once i do get the route running, the game will crash at South San fransico yard, every time. Every time I load up the scenario i made in the scenario planner, the route crashes in South San Fransico yard. But if I load up a normal service, (haven't played the normal scenarios yet,) no crashing. The game runs fine. I'm not bothered by this as both tools i almost never use. But I just find it very strange that scenarios made in the scenario planner crash the game, but normal scenarios (i assume anyway), and services don't crash it. I think I'll just add this to the ever growing list of bugs this update has caused unintentionally.

• Like Like x 1
  2. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

Pity we cannot show where in the world we are, flay or country code. I am in the UK, kobokren where are you?

3. kobo

kobo Active Member

US, but why is that relevent?

• Like Like x 1
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, are you running any AI?

I used to have the same problem on HMA with Pasing, used to crash every single time at the exact same spot.

Have you also tried running from the opposite side of the route? So if you’re leaving SF and headed to SJ, maybe try starting from SJ?

5. kobo

kobo Active Member

No AI Trains, and no i haven't tried running from SJ. But like i said in my first post, the sim does not crash when I run a normal service, built by DTG. Only when i try to run the scenario i tried to make.