Boston Route + Console Fan Noise

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Turbojugend, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Turbojugend

Turbojugend Well-Known Member

More specifically, I'm not hearing any. This my friends is a godsend.

It's weird, I hear the PS4 fan kick in as soon as I back out to the menu. But when I actually enter a service on the Boston route, the fan goes quiet. A programming coup? A hidden advantage of the new engine? Who knows, but I'm thankful either way... and so is my wife.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

I've noticed the fan is quieter. No longer sounds like a turbo charged jet engine on starting the game lol.Its quieter on east coast route as well. Gotta give DTG credit for that- Much quicker load times and a happier fan :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. severino#7139

severino#7139 Member

yeah, i've got the same problem on my PS4 pro. I've seen it in other games, it's a programming bug for sure. Hope they'l fix it because it's quite strange.

4. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Well I am pleased to hear that your fan is having a well earned rest on the Boston route. Is that the only route you are noticing it on, or has it calmed down for some of the core routes also?

• Like Like x 1
  5. severino#7139

severino#7139 Member

i can confirm on Sand Patch and Peninsula. just a little summer breeze....

6. Turbojugend

Can't really say, I've only had time for Bakerloo but I didn't notice the fan noise there either. I played the Boston route for maybe two hours straight yesterday ("Cold As Ice" is a lengthy scenario!), I don't think the fan came on at all for the first hour. Then I had to pause the game for a bit, after that the fan was quietly humming. In any case, no more circling the tarmac. :)

7. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

on my PS4 Pro fan noise on the TGV Med and few of the DE routes was still noisy unless I changed the graphics from 4k to HD.

8. Turbojugend

Yes, I am also on HD setting. Always prefer frame rate.

9. DANtheWALLY

DANtheWALLY Active Member

Personally I can't say my ps4 sounds any louder on the routes or anything just wish the menu wouldn't lag.

10. Turbojugend

I ran a few more tests this morning (PS4 Pro, HD setting):

First I resumed my Boston scenario from last night. About half an hour of finishing up, fan noise was minimal, almost imperceptible. Backing out to the main menu kicks the fan in a bit. Next I ran Bakerloo in its entirety; again, no fan noise. I think I'm safe in assuming that TSW2 fan noise is no longer an issue on my console (on those routes, have not checked others).

Another thing; I've resumed maybe five or six routes from saved states since the Rush Hour update. No game-breaking occurences to date, I've been able to complete every one. These are potentially two massive QoL issues for me, once we get through these bugs we could see a massively improved product.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. saxon#3093

saxon#3093 Member

typically fan noise can erupt in menu's as the game devs don't cap the frame rate compared to in-game; so jet engine gets engaged in-menu. I raised this once with Matt in the chat of one of the streams a few weeks ago and he replied that he thought the menus were capped but was going to have a look - not sure if the mods noted it down as my menus are still loud even though i have the game settings at HD

• Helpful Helpful x 1