Ps4 Patch V1.43 Information / Update:

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TheKillEffect, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Not worth it. Nothing you can do. This is down to DTG. Just have to play the waiting game

• Like Like x 1
  2. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

Youtube is not the answer. Listening to people via this site is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

Just here to tell you how I did it.

1. Deleted the game. (Just the game, not the save files!)
    2. Reinstalled the game with all DLC`s. (Was asked, which DLC's I wanted to install. Just installed all the german stuff)
    3. Game works perfectly. The only DLC's where the message pops up (you know, the one saying my game doesn't support the add-ons) are DB BR 155, DB BR 182 and DB BR 204.
    That's fine by me, as long as I know that they will also be fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  5. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

I think it would help massively if dove tail just posted more info… I saw there last post was Friday… nothing but complete silence is a big downfall… I appreciate they are alledged to be working with Sony and there may not be any progress but don’t just ignore everyone for 3 days

6. Nielsen

Nielsen Well-Known Member

DTG staff have been posting in various threads on both Saturday and Sunday.

7. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

We certainly aren't ignoring you. But we have no new updates since Friday.

We have to ask the community to continue being patient while this issue is being worked on. And we do understand how patient you've all been up to this point. It might be hard to believe but we really do appreciate how understanding everyone is.

It's a very frustrating situation for you all to be in, and we are trying to get it fixed as quickly as we can.

We will continue to share more information with you as this develops. This thread here is also a good place to keep up to date with what's going on. https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/player-reports.43678/

• Like Like x 2
  8. ottselmaster

ottselmaster Well-Known Member

I bet the staff are PRAYING at this point its fixed before the tues stream.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ianjpoole

ianjpoole Active Member

I hope so as well

But guys, I know we are all frustrated, I know we are all getting agitated and it feels like nothing is being done but have faith yet

• Like Like x 2
  10. ottselmaster

Well they HAVE to fix it or at worst they will get lawsuits. Thats the only positive.

• Like Like x 1
  11. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

I am really frustrated and disappointed too!
    Only 5 routes, and the rest of lot of DLCs even downloaded again not installed.
    My birthday is one week away, and I expected to add some extra one, but I think it will not happens.
    Despite of that I know DTG is trying to solve this, so no chance but to wait for it.
    Hope they can fix it soon!

Despite of that, I run one of the few routes installed.
    I noticed the following issues:

- My repaints using the Livery Designer, looks awful now!.
    The image of the textures looks like as low very quality, not high as before!.

- When defining a Timetable, weather, I usually does a personalize setting. Mainly quantity of clouds, wind and rain.
    But now, it has this feature with the new user interface, but when you select to define those settings individually, all the yellow rectangle - which includes those settings - does "illuminate on yellow", so you can not modify anything!

- About cameras there is no direct access to the rear of the train as before.
    It is a pity, you can not go more far away from the train, as Classic settings allowed.
    You are always so close to the train at side.
    I believed this could be improved

- Positive things I noticed is the better performance of the graphics, and larger view distance of objects.

Hope DTG can fix this big issue soon.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  12. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hello Friend, Only the Base Game and Collection Edition lines are working.

Olá Amigo, Apenas as linhas do jogo base e da Collection Edition estão funcionando.

SAND PATCH GRADE
    SCHNELLFAHRSTRECKE KÖLN - AACHEN
    BAKERLOO LINE
    HAUPTSTRECKE RHEIN-RUHR
    EAST COASTWAY
    PENNINSULA CORRIDOR

Please DO NOT REINSTALL THE GAME, as the other lines are not available yet, the solution is to wait for DTG and Sony to release an Update Patch.

Por favor NÃO REINSTALE O JOGO, pois as demais linhas ainda não estão disponíveis, a solução é aguardar a DTG e a Sony lançarem um Patch de Atualização.

13. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

You can get different camera views by pressing and holding R3 and press right on the D pad to cycle through outside views. And when pressing and holding R3 and press left on the D pad to cycle through cab views

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  14. djkaijones

djkaijones Member

Dont redownloed anything it dosent work

15. rustyknight07

rustyknight07 Member

From reading through these forums and other places it seems to me that Dovetail Games are only interested in fixing the game so we can use the new Rush Hour routes. I don't have those routes and don't intend on getting them. I just want to play the routes I have, but can't because the game is broken.

Has anyone tried contacting Sony regarding a refund? I have spent a lot of money on this game and as things are now I can't play most of the DLCs I own. Surely we should be entitled to a refund if the developer breaks the game?

Also, as I have a slow internet connection I have no intention of uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Loads of people have posted that this doesn't work so I'm not wasting my time doing something that obviously doesn't work.

• Like Like x 3
  16. AGoodJudge2

AGoodJudge2 Active Member

The "try uninstalling then reinstalling" nonsense was just a ruse to distract players from complaining. It had as much chance of succeeding as "try turning off then on again", and they were well aware of that.

• Like Like x 6
  17. keith_gilham

And another day passes, with no progress, but don’t worry “they are working with Sony” pfft

• Like Like x 1
  18. grdaniel48

Thank you Lenwigg
    That's is very useful for me.
    Has DTG make a manual about the new controls?
    I noticed on the game there are different camera settings, but it is not mentioned how to use them.
    So really appreciate your comments about it!

19. grdaniel48

Hi, thanks.

Yes I noticed that.
    But in my case Koln Aachen does not appeared, even I purchased it.
    All the rest you mentioend yes, except East Coastway, I did not bought it.
    But lots of other routes and locomotives are missing.
    Furthemore Highspeed Southeastern and other add-ons I purchased appeared as I have to pay now!.

But as I mentioned before, we have to wait DTG can solve this very important issue.

20. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

No problem, Happy to try to help. I don't know about a manual for new controls, but I don't expect they have, not yet at least. The way I have been trying to understand and find out about them is by pressing options to bring up the pause screen. Then one of the tabs up the top has controls or controller, something like that. Click on that and it show the controller with some of the options for it. On the left is a small box like a letter box with an arrow like this >. Clicking this will bring up some more options and then you can cycle through three or four different pages of options for the controller by clicking on < or >. Some options you have to press and hold the square button, (Playstation), and some like the camera press and hold in R3 along with left and right on the D pad. This way they have managed to put two things on different controller buttons. Such as horn, press in L3 and get normal horn that we have had all along. Press L5 and the square and you get a different tone for the horn.

Hope this helps and hope this is what you meant when asking how to use them.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DTG are focussed on upgrading everything to UE4.26 which brings it's own advantages over 4.23. If you don't want rush hour routes that's fine (I only want Brighton myself) but the other advantages include smaller package sizes, faster loading and unloading etc etc

A temporary glitch is causing the disruption. You won't get a refund for something you've probably used for hours and will be able to again.

• Like Like x 1
  22. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hello friends,

My Rush Hour expectations are more focused on London Victoria - Brighton, but I ended up purchasing the Season Pass, because for the price here in Brazil of the Season Pass 215 BRL or 192 BRL with 10% discount for PSN subscribers instead of a single route for 160 BRL, it is more advantageous to buy the Pass. I can't wait for the German and English route to be launched, in the meantime, I hope they fix this problem soon with the DLC's Add-on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Olá Amigos,

Minhas expectativas da Rush Hour estão mais voltadas para a London Victoria - Brighton, porém acabei adquirindo o Passe de Temporada, pois pelo preço aqui no Brasil do Passe de Temporada 215 BRL ou 192 BRL com 10% desconto para assinantes da PSN ao invés de uma única rota por 160 BRL, é mais vantajoso a compra do Passe. Não vejo a hora da rota alemã e a inglesa serem lançadas, enquanto isso, tomara que arrumem logo esse problema com as DLC's Add-on.

• Like Like x 1
  23. ottselmaster

When is the live stream? I wanna get my coke and popcorn ready.

• Like Like x 1
  24. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

19:00 UTC on Twitch and YouTube.

• Like Like x 1
  25. ady.hewitt

ady.hewitt Member

• Like Like x 1
  26. ottselmaster

• Like Like x 1
  27. ARuscoe

They said on the stream last night than until the issues on PS4 are fixed (and they went into detail as to what those problems are) they won't be doing previews for any new routes.
    The Roadmap is a regular info release so I don't see any reason why that shouldn't be published, especially given it's done by a different team than the engineering and publishing teams which would be working on the PS4 problems

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Paulo_1997

Paulo_1997 Active Member

But that worked for me, so I don't quite know, why not for others.

29. ARuscoe

A lot of problems can be resolved by turning things off and back on (or resetting settings, reinstalling drivers etc) so I don't get your point.
    For SOME users the advice was correct, for many others it wasn't
    That's how diagnosis works... Keep poking at various possibilities until you find one that works (for some maybe) and then poke again until you find other problems, but starting from a known base is always a good thing

30. keith_gilham

Inserted sarcastic comment… “we’re not ignoring you” however “hey buy this new route…. It’s far better than those old ones… you don’t really want those do you??? Nearly a week now and……