Layers

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Narkyx, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Narkyx

Narkyx Member

Does anyone knows if layers for Munchen Augsburg will be available on Old Gen or only "exclusive" to Next Gen ???

2. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

They’re still being worked on however in my opinion, DTG are becoming less confident in delivering them.

When HMA released it was a case of them coming soon after release, then it was a little later as it needed some work, then it was optimisation is no small task so don’t expect them soon, then we get to the point where there was a question as to if the Series S could even run the layers.

The last time Matt was asked he didn’t want to answer the question either way so honestly I wouldn’t hold your breath for them.

3. Narkyx

Narkyx Member

Okay.. Thanks anyway I think I can say bye to my hopes

4. trainman#2504

trainman#2504 Member

If you own the routes and locos in question and decide later to upgrade to PS5 when it is more affordable or available you will be able to play them even if they never come to PS4. Just note that your DLC is linked to your account on whatever platform you bought it on. Don't give up hope, I feel you will be able to play them eventually one way or another!

5. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

As someone who owns a ps4, I still hope they at least include some RE, RB (including BR 425 ones), and freight services if they can’t fit the entire timetable. I rather have that than just the DB BR 403 ICE 3 and DB BR 423 alone. I read on the forums that the route feels dead without the layers. I only played the route once and that was back in March of this year because I was doing the collectibles. I haven’t touched it since because I wanted to experience the route at its full potential with the layers activated. But might as well play it since who knows if the layers would comeback on ps4.