Time To Penalty

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

On the stream tonight, TrainSim-Matt mentioned the time to penalty feature of ATC/ACSES only applies to a red signal. I’ve approached a few red signals and not noticed any time to penalty countdown, but I have always acknowledged the speed reduction and applied suppression braking, so this might satisfy the system. A few times I’ve arrived at red signals when nothing is on the track ahead. Contacting the dispatcher lets me enter the block. It happened at Route 128 when I had to get permission to enter the platform when no other train was present.

2. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I think i just played that one with the red at Rt 128 you have to get clearance for.
    I had a few O's along that trip and if it calculates you'll make the stop in time, the countdown dissapears. I had one go from 5, to 1 then up to 16 and vanished when I was slow enough that I'd stop before the signal. Bit for it to start to show, it'll be a few seconds if your not stopping in time till you see it.

3. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Still not work. Got the penalty time at providence stationvfor the absolute red.......... 150yd before the sognal when you perfect see it. The oroginal ACSES was much accurate. And i don't want to go deep in details but after some run it becames frustrating. No advertisement, no penalty indicator, wrong brakes to neitralize the ACSES, wrong signal sequence and 30/45mph temporary restriction activated miles and miles before, impossibile to respect the braking curve without set max brake or suppresion etc. Nothing that can't be patch but some more test before the release could be done. Also an hyper super mega fast reviw of the route can be: wonderful and vary busy boston station, boston yard and back bay station, but the rest of the route feels dead