Roadmap Update - 24th August 2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

The Br 143 has no LZB.

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The BR143 is like poop off a well greased shovel now. Had a go on her today. She shot out the station like nobodies business.

3. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

But it sounds better doing that :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It does :)

5. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

What issues are you facing? I’m inclined to say that older consoles will struggle more and more as newer routes come out. The hardware is several years old now, so naturally it’ll be harder to maintain a decent FPS whilst routes get more detailed and run on newer versions of UE4.

• Like Like x 1
  6. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I wonder if the people reminding DTG that summer ends on 22nd September are the same people that complain that they release software to a schedule rather than when it is finished.

I would rather they delayed it by a couple of weeks if they can confirm that it is fully tested and, as far as is possible, bug free. I don’t want to be satisfied with the London - Brighton route. I want to be amazed.

• Like Like x 18
  7. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

The livestream was due to start at 7pm....but they recieved an update and have now lost everything

• Like Like x 2
  8. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Completely agree. BML is my most anticipated route in TSW so far. I hope it's able to deliver.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

I believe it was seven utc which is 8 BST (in about 8 minutes)

10. londonmidland

Let’s hope the old saying of ‘Save the best ‘till last’ is applicable to the London - Brighton route.

I really want this route to stand out and not for it to just be your regular DLC with bugs found in the first five minutes or scenery flaws.

• Like Like x 13
  11. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

RD support for the HST and 166, how long do we have to wait? And any news of the 313 or has it been shelved?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

They usually are.
    Nope, 8pm. Always is, unless stated otherwise.

13. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

Arms to be taken at 8? :D

14. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Ooh. Wonder what the "couple of new bits coming soon" will be?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Hopefully something involving that list floating around, which will add weight to its authenticity and the likelihood of us getting the things on it like Merseyrail, Thameslink etc.

16. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I thought the stream tonight was excellent and very informative. The explanations given for the issues were clear and apologies were given. Hopefully those having problems can relax a bit knowing that the root causes have been identified and fixes are in progress.

• Like Like x 13
  17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I agree, very good stream. You have to admire the way Sam handles the issues, his sincerity and being in the players' corner. I'd hate to be up against him in a debate. :)

• Like Like x 7
  18. Conrad

Conrad Member

Very good streaming.
    Sam is very passionate.
    We only just wait.

• Like Like x 4
  19. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

Can we have rush hour for Peninsula Corridor too?

20. trixsterdo#1074

trixsterdo#1074 New Member

An excellent stream as always. Sam is always entertaining and straightforward honest. The technical responses are explained by Matt in laymans terms this is appreciated. Just one observation: Body Language - perhaps Matt needs to work on this:D. Sitting with you arms folded can communicate a defensive/defiant message. I'm sure this was not meant but it was the first time I have seen him do this and given the topic of conversation unfortunately it can be mis-interpreted.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Oh for god's sake....now I've read it all

• Like Like x 11
  22. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

I feel like it is a big mistake not connecting the Brighton Main Line with the East Coastway to Eastbourne and Seaford as it makes perfect sense to connect these two lines with direct services to and from London Victoria. I hope DTG will reconsider this because this is something I would really like to see in TSW2. It is not too late to make these changes and I'd happily wait for a delay in the release of the Brighton Main Line if this these two lines were connected with each other.

• Like Like x 8
  23. mrcharliemiggins2.0

mrcharliemiggins2.0 Well-Known Member

Its not that it wasn't a 'big mistake' that DTG didn't bother. The fact is the technology simply isn't there and this has been said multiple times on various streams. Its not that they are not bothering, it is just far too complex. They have said it would be easier to sell as a route extension but they don't want to do that because that narrows the audience considerably. This has been a thing since Rhein Ruhr Osten was released. That and Ruhr Sieg Nord meet at Hagen.

To set your expectations, this will not happen.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. jackthelad258

jackthelad258 Active Member

To be fair, it is about realism, which I'm sure is what most of us are after. I personally don't think it is too complex to add the branch from Keymer Junction to Lewes, it is not a very long section to add two stations to the network (Plumpton and Cooksbridge). The ECW could be upgraded to the technology required to be compatible with connecting with BML, including service patterns for timetabled mode. With the way you've worded suggests that it is highly unlikely. Is this due to the amount of time it would take to make tweaks to the ECW/BML?

• Like Like x 6
  25. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

The actual merges are easy, DTG have pretty much said that themselves on stream, in fact trainsimcz got some merges done a while back. The big problem is that they'd need to rework the timetables in order to make use of them, and while that's time consuming it doesn't require magic space age technology that doesn't exist yet. Like basically every other problem in TSW it's a time problem, not a tech problem, they're not able/willing to invest the time into it, if they could it would be more than doable.

• Like Like x 9
  26. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

I really wish they did merge them. This will be the 3rd lots of mergeable routes. LIRR and NEC, RRO and RSN and now ECW and BML.

• Like Like x 2
  27. kolesnikvictor

kolesnikvictor Active Member

Sorry, guys. I'm not English language and I didn't watch the stream. Can someone make short report with key messages?

28. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

1 possible free stuff for PS4 for update.won’t think about it until it’s fixed.

secondly, it seamed like they were talking about delaying the preview stream of risa Dresden, due to this.

29. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

I agree the explanation was thorough and clear.

However, it did make me think that something like this may happen every time there is a new UE engine update.

Also if I understood correctly, if every single DLC is going to require to be individually updated to make it compatible with any new UE update, then they've created themselves a lot of work in the future as more DLC are released and Adam is going to need a bigger team.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to have a summary of what was said during the feed.
    I don't speak english, and thanks google translate.
    It would be good if DTG did a summary, even in English, for translation.

31. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

in french?

32. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Yes

33. Ferrovipathe67

bonjour a vous je vous conseil de attendre quelque jour DTG a tendance a mètres les sous titres et vous pouvez mètres en Français

34. Ferrovipathe67

si vous avez des questions mes MP sont ouvert :)

35. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I am a bit worried about a comment by Matt during the stream. In response to our criticims on the UI, he said they would just wait and see if we still will be complaining. He suggested that we would get used to it and appreciate it.

I want to make very clear that all my comments on the HUD I posted in the suggestions forum after TSW2 release one year ago are still valid from my point of view. But I do not want to keep repeating myself. I posted part of these comments again in the discussions on the new UI and I really hope DTG will listen this time. Of course< I get used to this crap (sorry for formulating it so negative, that is what I do when the level of irritation grows because DTG is not listening and more specifically not acting).

I will write in my agenda to start a UI discussion in a few months.

• Like Like x 17
  36. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I also wish they'd put in the branch to Lewes. Perhaps they could JUST have the Eastbourne to Victoria services on the route. I assume that they'll already be on the BML as unplayable AI services so maybe they could just playable down to Eastbourne and leave it at that. I wouldn't mind if there was not AI traffic on the East Coastway section apart from services you could drive.

I know it's probably far from that simple though. There's probably dozens of reasons this can't happen.

• Like Like x 3
  37. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

That is going to be a problem in the future. Although Matt did say they are learning from the process and getting faster at it, there is still going to be a significant impact on time when new engine updates come out. Time that could be spent doing something else. I think it’s important they continue to update the older DLC though and hope they don’t decide to abandon it in favour of another new game.

• Like Like x 2
  38. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's a problem for any software developer that develops on any engine or OS, so not really a bit thing that should stop forward movement, but yes something that needs to be considered when looking at DLC that are all developed differently and make take increasing amounts of work to bring up to date if they don't start to centralise a lot of things
    This is what Adam's team are for though, making sure that the new things we have are incorporated into the older DLC

• Like Like x 1
  39. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

Don't have time to watch all the stream, can somebody tell me if they talked about Boston Sprinter and its game-breaking bugs like safety sistems or AI getting stuck?

• Like Like x 1
  40. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

Conrad All forum posts should be haiku.

• Like Like x 3
  41. ARuscoe

They said that such issues will be looked at once they've sorted the issues which are completely stopping the game working for some people (like many PS4 players)
    Issues should be reported on forum or by support ticket so that DTG can collate these (as they normally do)

42. Jinoss17

Ok, so they never be sorted out. Thanks, I was waiting for this info.

• Like Like x 1
  43. ARuscoe

No reason to say that. They've sorted out issues on routes released before so likely they will on this route too. But if you want to be a pessimist that's your choice of course

44. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Still no Dresden screenshots but a Stream today :D

• Like Like x 1
  45. Jinoss17

There are tons of fixes they say "We will fix them" and still they haven't, so when they say "we will fix it later" I have basically zero hope. In any case better to know so that I can save 40€ and avoid the season pass.

• Like Like x 5
  46. ARuscoe

Are you including the ones in the DLC patches included with the summer update in that?
    I believe Adam's team's working on routes and fixes but that DTG don't get these out...
    What you spend your money on is up to you

47. ARuscoe

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  48. Jinoss17

I tested some old dlcs in these days and I saw either the same DLC as pre-update, or new bugs introduced with the update that were not there before. For example some looping sounds on some trains. So I don't know what they patched with this update ...

• Like Like x 2
  49. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I believe Sam said last night that no new material will be shown until all current technical issue are sorted out.

• Like Like x 1
  50. londonmidland

I bet we still won’t get any questions answered regarding London to Brighton, just like in the last Q&A session.

• Like Like x 2