New Ui: High Gpu Temps & Utilisation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by HeyYoPaulie!, Aug 25, 2021.

1. HeyYoPaulie!

HeyYoPaulie! Well-Known Member

I am observing very high GPU temps and GPU utilisation (80-100%) when navigating the main menus.

Utilisation is actually higher navigating the main menus than it is in-game.

Given what the GPU is required to render when in-game versus the menus, this doesn't make any sense.

Limiting FPS in-game and using Nvidia control panel have had zero effect.

I do not recall observing this behaviour in version 4.23 of the game, and it suggests there may be an optimisation issue with the new UI.

Attached is a recording using MSI Afterburner. The left box is me navigating the menus. The second box is me jumping into a route and playing.

Notice that GPU temps and utilisation are higher in the menus and lower in-game.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

Matt mentioned in last nights stream they were aware of this in console, and the engineers are working on a adding a frame limiter for the menu. I hope the same fix will come out for PC as you're right.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I set a max fps limit in the NVIDIA util that fits the refresh rate of my monitor. At least it's not overheating then.
    The cause could be that in the menu the graphic card reaches very high framerates because noone is stopping it :)

4. HeyYoPaulie!

Great to hear this issue has been acknowledged and is being investigated by DTG. Thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. HeyYoPaulie!

Curious, as I set max FPS in the Nvidia control panel and it had zero effect. Will try testing that again, thanks.

6. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

me Nvidia control panel FPS shut .aa set sli 16x .ssa set sli 16x