Boston Sprint - Always Starts At The Very Beginning

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by hoagy, Aug 25, 2021.

1. hoagy

hoagy Member

Each time I load TSW2 and go into Boston Sprinter, it starts with the most very basic tutorial, the thing that teaches you how to look up/down and how to move. It's a right pain.

I'm guessing this isn't a widespread issue or people would be going crazy about it. I finish the tutorial, re-do the loco tutorial, start the first proper journey.

I haven't completed the full first proper journey yet, would that be the cause? I keep making the mistake of turning on all the safety systems and I don't understand them well enough, it seems :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. wcwood92

wcwood92 Well-Known Member

I have my auto load journey setting turned off, maybe that will help.

And as far as the safety systems, after some practice I THINK I figured it out.

Any approach to a more restrictive condition will trip the alarm. You have 8 seconds to acknowledge the alarm and move the brake handle to suppression. I believe the system is designed in such a way where it’ll alarm in plenty of time to slow down for the restriction if the driver just does those two steps.
    Also from what I’ve seen, if you’re gonna make the new speed limit in less than 8 seconds you don’t need suppression brakes. Just acknowledge and drop her down. This seems to work for a 45 to 30 drop where suppression is way too much brake.
    If you’re already at the speed it wants just acknowledge and maintain it.

T and Amtrak should be the same. So far this has worked for me.

• Helpful Helpful x 1